Watching the 95 NFC Championship game...

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
cowboys fans... troy was so accurate in his prime they called him "robo-QB". he was the best "pure" pocket-passer of his era. JMO.

there's a reason he's a first-ballot HOFer. he was a surgeon in the biggest games. his timing with his receivers was almost uncanny. great anticipation for the routes. obviously a "student" ala peyton manning of the curent game.... only troy got it done with no excuses.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
Sorry, but Joe Montana won more SBs with less around him than Aikman. John Elway got his team to 5 SBs and won 2, and was simply a better QB. Marino was the greatest QB to ever walk onto a football field and just never got any help.

Put Marino or Elway especially back there, we win the 1994 SB as well as the 1996 SB. Thats 5 straight.
:abuseme:

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
Sorry, but Joe Montana won more SBs with less around him than Aikman. John Elway got his team to 5 SBs and won 2, and was simply a better QB. Marino was the greatest QB to ever walk onto a football field and just never got any help.

Put Marino or Elway especially back there, we win the 1994 SB as well as the 1996 SB. Thats 5 straight.

dream on my friend...dream on

and Montana was surrounded by awesome talent nearly his entire career...doesnt take away from his greatness, I just think Aikman was better

David

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
dbair1967 said:
dream on my friend...dream on

and Montana was surrounded by awesome talent nearly his entire career...doesnt take away from his greatness, I just think Aikman was better

David

Montana had Jerry Rice, yes. However, he never had a RB even close to Emmitt Smith and his O-Line was miles away from the dominance of the 90s Cowboys O-Line. Also, Novacheck >>> Dwight Clark. So yes, Aikman had far more help.

You CANNOT argue that Aikman was better than Elway or Marino, you just cant. Watching Marino do what he did with NOTHING at RB and a fairly weak O-Line early in his career and never having a superstar receiver is simpy amazing. Marino would have put up ungodly numbers in Dallas.

BAZ

Drunken Mick
Reaction score
dbair1967 said:
this is so blown out of proportion....yeah he may have pushed off a few times, but he was an awesome route runner and was open virtually every play on his own...and while two knee injuries robbed him of some speed, he still could get deep it seemed at will

the guy was the best WR in frootball from 1991-1996...everyone knew he was going to get it, and nobody could stop him

David

He was the definition of a physical receiver, in todays game they have clamped down on it. This would affect him. I didn't take away from any part of his game.