Watching the Cowboys off season is like watching corn grow with no water and no fertilizer

rambo2

Reaction score
Pretty much sums it up. Maybe its worse. Maybe they forgot to put the corn seed in the ground and cover it up. I mean really, could it be much worse or any worse for that matter?
I find it very interesting. They are going to add some outstanding players by the end of the draft and it will be interesting what they come up with and how they do it. They are going to have to come with some dtackles from somewhere.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
As I have been saying, I don't think this is about rebuilding or about spending money today, but rather the team treating 2024 as a "reset" year.

They know they have a problem with Dak's contract and they also know they have two huge contracts coming up with Lamb and Parsons in 2025, so they are using 2024 to reset everything.

Sure, they hope they can win a Super Bowl in 2024, but from a business standpoint as long as the team can be competitive enough to remain in the playoff hunt (even if relying on other teams to lose), Jerry knows the 2024 team's revenue will be fine.

Of course Cowboys fans view things differently because our primary goals are Super Bowl wins.

However, as I also keep saying, the Cowboys priorities are revenue generation and valuation growth. They want to win Super Bowls but that is their secondary goal, not primary.
Post of the afternoon!

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Its been worse
When? I can’t remember losing this many quality players and not being active in free agency to replace some of the losses. We’ve lost 5 starters and a lot of depth. We’re banking entirely on the draft.

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
As I have been saying, I don't think this is about rebuilding or about spending money today, but rather the team treating 2024 as a "reset" year.

They know they have a problem with Dak's contract and they also know they have two huge contracts coming up with Lamb and Parsons in 2025, so they are using 2024 to reset everything.

Sure, they hope they can win a Super Bowl in 2024, but from a business standpoint as long as the team can be competitive enough to remain in the playoff hunt (even if relying on other teams to lose), Jerry knows the 2024 team's revenue will be fine.

Of course Cowboys fans view things differently because our primary goals are Super Bowl wins.

However, as I also keep saying, the Cowboys priorities are revenue generation and valuation growth. They want to win Super Bowls but that is their secondary goal, not primary.
If true then how friggen hard would it have been to tell the fan base?

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Failing to make the NFC Championship game this past season threw a spanner in the works. I truly believe that, had they made it to the championship game (much less, won and went to the Super Bowl), the FO would have fallen all over themselves to sign Dak.

Having been eliminated in the WC round by Green Bay may have been the catalyst to make a change in the way they view the team's near-term. I still think there is a possibility of letting Dak play out his contract year and still try re-signing him next year.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If true then how friggen hard would it have been to tell the fan base?
Because announcing that publicly would negatively impact their revenue for 2024.

Normally when teams rebuild, everyone knows it because it usually means they get rid of their starting quarterback and/or head coach.

By keeping McCarthy, who they would have to pay regardless, for the last year of his contract and keeping Dak along with bringing in a well-known defensive coordinator like Zimmer, it creates a perception the team will be competitive this season.

That keeps people coming to games and buying merchandise and it keeps the TV networks fighting to broadcast their games.

By keeping their head coach and their starting quarterback, the Cowboys get to present a competitive team with an optimistic chance of success in 2024 regardless of their other offseason moves or lack thereof.

stinkface

Reaction score
Not in my 55 years has it been worse!
I'm 68 years old. I still have a 1995 Cowboy Super Bowl hat. I said I would wear it the next time they won the Super Bowl. Its looking beyond ratty. Yes, it isn't quite as bad as the Campo years, but we are headed down that path at breakneck speed.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
Jerry Jones was one of the owners that pushed for a salary cap back in the mid-90s.

Since then, it seems like Jerry just can't figure out how to do well under the cap results-wise.

He can make the numbers work, but the results at the end of every season are just crap.

It was easier when he could spend the money

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
Because announcing that publicly would negatively impact their revenue for 2024.

Normally when teams rebuild, everyone knows it because it usually means they get rid of their starting quarterback and/or head coach.

By keeping McCarthy, who they would have to pay regardless, for the last year of his contract and keeping Dak along with bringing in a well-known defensive coordinator like Zimmer, it creates a perception the team will be competitive this season.

That keeps people coming to games and buying merchandise and it keeps the TV networks fighting to broadcast their games.

By keeping their head coach and their starting quarterback, the Cowboys get to present a competitive team with an optimistic chance of success in 2024 regardless of their other offseason moves or lack thereof.
Jedi mind tricks are so yesterday..lol

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
Pretty much sums it up. Maybe its worse. Maybe they forgot to put the corn seed in the ground and cover it up. I mean really, could it be much worse or any worse for that matter?
This time it feels like Cap Boy is standing on the seed while Jerry tells us will just have to grow with less.