Watching the Draft or Impressing the Opposite Sex?

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Okay, I'll throw this in off-topic though it does involve the Cowboys.

So this girl I like (been out on a couple of dates in the last week) wants to go hiking next Saturday right...

One problem: what's Saturday? The draft, a.k.a. springtime Christmas.

Do I really put aside my fascination for the NFL draft in order to possibly impress my future girlfriend or do I reschedule it or simply tell her I already have plans? My money is on rescheduling obviously...

These are the questions that expose our very souls... :D

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
You are seeking advice from the wrong crowd. Personally I will watch the draft. :D

Duane

Reaction score
Hiking on Saturday night? Sounds like she wants to do more than go out to the woods. lol

I'd set the Tivo up and go with her unless you think you'll get another shot after the draft.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Draft weekend should be cleared with the significant other MONTHS in advance...

You're not really a fan are you... :D

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Avery said:

So this girl I like (been out on a couple of dates in the last week) wants to go hiking next Saturday right...

Do I really put aside my fascination for the NFL draft in order to possibly impress my future girlfriend or do I reschedule it or simply tell her I already have plans? My money is on rescheduling obviously...

First of all, HIKING???? As in HIKING???? What kind of date is that? :eek:

I'm sorry...I can't answer the question because I can't get past the hiking part...

:D

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
there are a lot of chicks and 1 draft!!!!

i'd probably cheat and take her out to eat or something saturday night.
the draft is not to be trifled with. if you sell out and we end up drafting another ekuban it could your fault. the team is only as strong as the weakest link. ROFL!!!

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Duane said:
Hiking on Saturday night? Sounds like she wants to do more than go out to the woods. lol

I'd set the Tivo up and go with her unless you think you'll get another shot after the draft.
You make a very good point :bravo:

Avery

Reaction score
Juke99 said:
First of all, HIKING???? As in HIKING???? What kind of date is that? :eek:

I'm sorry...I can't answer the question because I can't get past the hiking part...

:D

Juke + physical activity - googling 'britney spears nude' = no dice. :D

It sounded a little more romantic than 'Let's go to my place, order pizza and do the Nascar position so I can see who the Cowboys pick.'

Hoov

Reaction score
Go Hiking man....I love the Boys and football.... but not as much as i love women.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Avery said:
Juke + physical activity - googling 'britney spears nude' = no dice. :D

It sounded a little more romantic than 'Let's go to my place, order pizza and do the Nascar position so I can see who the Cowboys pick.'
You are one sick puppy lol

Hoov

Reaction score
Oh yeah, one more thing...your not planning on wearing the strom trooper outfit on this date i hope.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Avery said:

No it doesn't. :)

Hiking is one of those early dating things that you'd ONLY do because it's a new relationship...ya know, it's in the "Let's go for a walk on the beach" category...

Now plan "B" that you've listed above is MUCH more impressive. It shows you can multi-task...it shows you are a good provider (buying pizza)...it shows you have your own place...unlike let's say, uh trick who lives at the bus station...and it shows how honest you are because it gives an honest representation of who you are and just how bad dating you is going to be, rather than putting on false pretenses...

This is a no brainer.

:)

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Avery said:

Tho I'm a diff kinda woman when it comes to these things, I see your dilemma. Honestly, I agree w/Duane and JT. Either TIVO and watch later or go to dinner that night instead of hiking.

These things should definitely be cleared up early on. Tell her about your Jones (no pun intended) for draft coverage and all things Cowboys.

Now that I thought about, you did say Saturday night. You can go after the 1st day draft coverage. Should end around 7cst or so, right? Tivo Sun.'s coverage and watch it later. All the real good action is on the first day anyway.

Avery

Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
You are one sick puppy lol

You think that's sick, imagine this scenario (if your mind permits it)

Her: Avery... Avery...

Paul Tags: With the 11th pick, the Dallas Cowboys select Derrick Johnson, LB... (crowd reaction)

Avery: DJ?! Yes!!!!!!

Her: WHAT? WHO'S DJ?

And now we have a problem.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Avery said:

Paul Tags: With the 11th pick, the Dallas Cowboys select Derrick Johnson, LB... (crowd reaction)

that is sick!!!
i am not quite that bad.
now a touchdown could get that out of me, lol.

my wife wont leave on the tv anymore:( lol.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Avery said:

One way to find out how interested/disinterested she might be is go chill at sports bar or something and find out how engaged she is into whatever game's on. Shoot I use that method when I'm at the club or something. If I'm bored, go by the bar, make like I'm paying attn to whatever scrub game is on and generally somebody will come by and ask "You like So-So?" If HE's a scrub, then I say nah, I'm just waiting on a friend. If he's not, then off we go to the dance floor...lol

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
NO HIKING...that is just her way of wearing you out to much to be able to do anything later...so not only do you lose out in that area but you miss the draft.

HOWEVER...if you choose a later dinner or movie then you can catch most of the day one action and possibly not have to worry about anything after the 2nd round if they do not trade down.

No Hiking though...it is a losing effort all the way around. :D

Or...here is a novel concept....just tell her the truth and try to come to a compromise of sorts with each other....after all truth, trust and compromise are key ingredients of any good relationship.

You will know by her reactions to the situation and she will by yours, whether you will want to grow further in your relationship.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Or...here is a novel concept....just tell her the truth and try to come to a compromise of sorts with each other....after all truth, trust and compromise are key ingredients of any good relationship.

What a crock!!!!!!!!!!! Do you really believe that?????:D

jacs

I'd Hit It
Reaction score
i would go with the girl but i wouldnt go hiking and especially on one of my days off.