Watching the game with other Cowboys fans... at local bars, home, etc?

Dallas22

Reaction score
I was just wondering where you guys usually watch your Cowboy games at AND is it with family, friends, a combo of that and other die-hard Cowboy fans or with die-hard fans from another team.

For myself, I am in Orlando and watch the games usually with a group of friends that happen to be die-hard fans of OTHER teams. There are probably 1-2 more Cowboy fans that are weekly regulars and help cheer on our 'Boys. If any die-hard Cowboy fans on here are un O-Town, let me know and maybe you can join our ever growing collection of Cowboy fans... we need more in Orlando!!!

I used to have DirecTV and watch the games with a couple of friends, but it seems to me that usually the atmosphere at a sports bar is always more fun, IF the Cowboys are winning of course. When we lose it can be harrowing, unless other die-hard Cowboy fans are around and understand the hurt of a loss for our team... at least we can all sulk and talk **** about the game afterwards. At home or a bar, alone or surrounded by others that are NOT die hard Cowboy fans, can both be just as angering.

What about the rest of you? Obviously if you live in Dallas or near by, the amount of Cowboy fans around will always be huge, but here in Orlando, the are not too many that come out weekly and cheer on the 'Boys... those are the TRUE die-hards, the others come out when the Cowboys are winning 11+ games yearly and have a very good chance of winning the Super Bowl - then all the bandwagoners come out of the woodwork... I hate that!!!

GO COWBOYS!!!

Dallas22

Duane

Reaction score
I have Sunday Ticket so I can scream and cuss at the TV. Plus at the bar I can't see the TV from my throne so I tend to stay home and watch.

Dallas22

Reaction score
Duane said:
I have Sunday Ticket so I can scream and cuss at the TV. Plus at the bar I can't see the TV from my throne so I tend to stay home and watch.

Yes, a sure advantage when watching the game at home... but at the bar I go to, the people working there pretty much know us and put the game in front of our seats, usually on an HD screen, so it's all good :)

GO COWBOYS!!!

Dallas22

Duane

Reaction score
Dallas22 said:
Yes, a sure advantage when watching the game at home... but at the bar I go to, the people working there pretty much know us and put the game in front of our seats, usually on an HD screen, so it's all good :)

GO COWBOYS!!!

Dallas22
I like to go out every once in a while but I have a 65" TV that's about 8-10ft from the couch so I don't miss the big screen at the bar. :D

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
Cowboys games I watch at home...preferably alone.

I do love to go the bar to watch other games though. Last year during the playoffs I went to the local sports bar to watch the 'Skins playoff game. There was a REALLY obnoxious 'Skins fan there who was jumping around like Little Danny Snyder in his box at Texas Stadium last year. He was really annoying so when the game was over and the 'Skins had lost I kept buying drinks for a couple of other guys and making toasts to the "Skins losing. That guy was so pissed he could bite nails...most fun I've had in a long time.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I do a combination of both. I have Sunday ticket, so it depends on other games also that I want to watch and keep an eye on. Now the first game against Jax I will go to the bar, very nice big screen. So with all the other Dallas fans here in DFW area, it's great.

Sometimes if an early noon game, I may watch the 1st half at home, the 2nd at the bar. Based on the scedule and start times this year, it will probably be 50 - 50 on where I watch them.

I remember about 4 or 5 years ago, a couple that moved down from Philthy. She was obnoxious and a loud mouth. It was a back and forth game. But Dallas pulled it out and won in the 4th. Another game we won pretty handily. She wasn't a loud mouth anymore. With 25 Dallas fans giving her a hard time throughout the game (but in a fun way) but she was a trooper and took it well. They moved back to Philthy before the next season. They were actually a nice couple, except when the Eagles were on, their Eagle mentality took over.

bigdrulez3141

Reaction score
Its me, my one Cowboy friend, and 2 or 3 others go to his house to watch the game, if its televised (live in NJ). If its not we either call another friend with sunday ticket or go to a local sports bar.