We’re going to really rely on Kellen this season

kskboys

Reaction score
These guys are having no time for real practice. We’re going to really need to lean on him because he knows these guys best.

Edit: Mods please change title to really rely*
Yup. And w/ a legit NFL offensive mind to guide him in McCarthy, Moore will flourish.

Sometimes you guys simply need to change the angle at which you look at things.

kskboys

Reaction score
#1 offense in the league wasn’t good enough for you, Deep? Their 431 yards per game was crazy good - Baltimore was second with 407 - it wasn’t even close.

Last year we saw more motion, more innovative ways to scheme players open, etc. Some of the game plans were below average but those had Garrett’s fingerprints all over them.

This year I expect to see our Idaho boy unchained. With Jarwin as the full time tight end and Lamb as the #3, this offense is going to break records.
And w/ McC's guidance.

Mo was new to the OC last year. So, he got a year to get going, to throw some stuff out there and see what worked. It was both good and bad. But if he's a 10th as smart as advertised, he learned. And now w/ some actual guidance, sky's the limit.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have a little more optimism about Moore, but I agree that score is far more important than yards...and am concerned about that.

I had many concerns as Moore as the QB coach, and same for him as OC. The the more I seen of him and about how he ran the Boise St. offense, I felt a little better, but needed to see how he did.
He grew on me over the season. I still think some of his hiccups came from too many talking heads in his ear. Plus it was a learning process (came to hate that word) so let's say a learning experience. I was ok. with MM keeping him, as Moore will learn from MM.

I am excited to see what the changes will be and the addition of Lamb really helps.

Completely agree, the scoring as we all know is what matters. They need to improve the red zone TD's. The yards cam because of the poor field position, in side their own 20 just about all the time it seemed. But with a better defense and ST's, if they do improve. and they should. We may see a step back in yards but increase in scoring. However the defense still needs to help maintain those leads, or create a turnover to get the ball for the offense late in the game.

However, I do predict there will be those that will whine that they don't lead the NFL in yards again. So therefore the offense has become worse.:laugh:
Of course they will be right if they don't produce the points and win. :muttley:

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Need to go true vanilla for the first few weeks until the team and coaches can acclimate.
Teams like NO will have an advantage out of the gate with established veteran players and staff.

75boyz

Reaction score
I'm still shocked that McCarthy gave up playcalling after saying he would never do that again and in his opening press conference made it sound like he expected to call the plays when asked about it.

Yeah, concerned me slightly as well. Just slightly, lol. Sarcasm On. This issue has been mentioned in several other posts with varying degrees of glossing over it as just keeping Moore would maintain the continuity of the offense.
Heck, why hire Big Mike and not just go ahead and promote the kid then? Jerry's done it before, lol.

Will be fun to watch it all unfold.

Go Cowboys

morat1959

Reaction score
Yup.

OR...the complete opposite extreme and promoted to HC just like Garrett was as Jerry's choice holdover from the Garrett regime.

Garrett part II.
This would be status quo! I’m so sick of JJ and son and their blowhard koolaid selling ***! I stop believing the “super bowl bound” preseason BS a LONG time ago!

Brax

Reaction score
Here you go!!! You asked for it!! Who is the idiot that said the defense played good in 15 games?

Defense was anywhere from 11 to 15 passable / good

Your EXACT words.......................yawn................NEXT!!!!!
There you go again, You said in reply to my original reply to you about the 11-15 ranked D
"Ok, soo...………...Coaching matters and defense matters. And you agree the Defense is "passable"/not good."
Soooo You knew I was talking about ranking (11th in points) and not games and you agreed, you just can't help yourself from posting fake and distorted replies. 11th in points isn't great but is passable and no mention of games anywhere and you just went ahead and posted a idiot response. Sad oh so sad.

kskboys

Reaction score
There you go again, You said in reply to my original reply to you about the 11-15 ranked D
"Ok, soo...………...Coaching matters and defense matters. And you agree the Defense is "passable"/not good."
Soooo You knew I was talking about ranking (11th in points) and not games and you agreed, you just can't help yourself from posting fake and distorted replies. 11th in points isn't great but is passable and no mention of games anywhere and you just went ahead and posted a idiot response. Sad oh so sad.
Passable loses playoff games.