We almost lost Tony Danza

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
Would have been a darn shame. That is one fine actor.

NEW YORK -- Tony Danza got quite a scare when he and NASCAR star Rusty Wallace were racing go-karts during the taping of a segment for the nationally syndicated "The Tony Danza Show."

In this image from TV, Tony Danza's go-kart is shown flipping over during the "DayTony 500."

Danza was leading as they entered the final lap Monday morning on West 66th Street, the show said. After Wallace gave Danza's vehicle a little "bump and run," the 54-year-old talk-show host lost control of his go-kart, which flipped over.

"Although slightly worse for wear, Danza escaped with no injuries," the show said in a statement.

Wallace, who rushed to Danza's side after the crash, said, "I thought I killed ya," to which Danza responded, "Yeah ... just before you retire, 'I killed Tony Danza.'"

"I know you're tough, but that [was] ridiculous, man!" Wallace was quoted as saying.

The "DayTony 500" segment aired on Monday's show.

http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/news/story?series=wc&id=2056570

k19

Reaction score
Poor Krusty couldnt even win a race against Danza.

in a related story if you ever watch Drivers 360 on FX Krusty is quite the potty mouth

CowboyPrincess

Priceless
Reaction score
junk said:
Would have been a darn shame. That is one fine actor.

NEW YORK -- Tony Danza got quite a scare when he and NASCAR star Rusty Wallace were racing go-karts during the taping of a segment for the nationally syndicated "The Tony Danza Show."

In this image from TV, Tony Danza's go-kart is shown flipping over during the "DayTony 500."

Danza was leading as they entered the final lap Monday morning on West 66th Street, the show said. After Wallace gave Danza's vehicle a little "bump and run," the 54-year-old talk-show host lost control of his go-kart, which flipped over.

"Although slightly worse for wear, Danza escaped with no injuries," the show said in a statement.

Wallace, who rushed to Danza's side after the crash, said, "I thought I killed ya," to which Danza responded, "Yeah ... just before you retire, 'I killed Tony Danza.'"

"I know you're tough, but that [was] ridiculous, man!" Wallace was quoted as saying.

The "DayTony 500" segment aired on Monday's show.

http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/news/story?series=wc&id=2056570

I watched the program... and it wasn't nearly as bad as they said it was.

Tony was laughing after he turned over and Wallace didn't run to his rescue saying that he thought he killed him... what he did was ask Tony Danza if he rolled on purpose or did he plan that...

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Princess said:
I watched the program... and it wasn't nearly as bad as they said it was.

Tony was laughing after he turned over and Wallace didn't run to his rescue saying that he thought he killed him... what he did was ask Tony Danza if he rolled on purpose or did he plan that...

I saw the clip this morning and it looked like Wallace just causally walked over and was smiling.

But I also think that once he saw the video of the accident he realized how serious it looked because he was talking on ESPN this morning and you could tell he was worried about it, but not until after he seen the video.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
Yes if it were not for that roll bar behind the drivers seat he surely would have broken his neck or cracked his skull open.

darn roll bars! :mad:

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
junk said:
Wishing misfortune on Tony Danza? I'll be watching you. You're on my list.

Heyyy.... I was only kidding Anger-la...

4670-080118_PEOPLE_COMBS_NYKW121.jpg