We are 21-5 when Romo has 1 turnover or less

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
Title says it all...Since Romo's first start against the Panthers, we are 21-5 when he has 1 or less turnovers (including fumbles). One of the losses was the Wash loss in the finale last year where we played 2 series and everyone just went through the motions.

Discuss...

gmb85

Reaction score
That's why I get so pissed when he turns over the ball. Our chances of winning slip.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
THEHEREAFTER;2519185 said:
Nail on the head. When Romo is protects the ball, we're in good shape.

Thing is though, do we go for a Parcells type offense where we preach ball security and everyone complains that we are too conservative and play not to lose...

Or do we have the cut throat mentality where we are always attacking, but are more prone to bonehead plays and turnovers by Romo?

It's a double sided sword in my opinion.

EveryoneElse

Reaction score
NextGenBoys;2519174 said:
One of the losses was the Wash loss in the finale last year where we played 2 series and everyone just went through the motions.

Discuss...

Didn't Romo and Witten play well into the second half because they were trying to set franchise records, but Washington was kicking our tail?

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
Romo doesn't get this concept and has noone making him accountable.

This team, if it were to limit turnovers and penalties (just cut them in half) would have won every game it played with Romo except perhaps last years Pats game where they just unraveled. Even that was started by turnovers.

They are that talented.

What a waste.

Title says it all...Since Romo's first start against the Panthers, we are 21-5 when he has 1 or less turnovers (including fumbles). One of the losses was the Wash loss in the finale last year where we played 2 series and everyone just went through the motions.

Discuss...

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
EveryoneElse;2519225 said:
Didn't Romo and Witten play well into the second half because they were trying to set franchise records, but Washington was kicking our tail?

You may very well be right. I did not see the game as I was traveling for a family event.

He was 7-16 with 86 yards and a pick, so yes, that sounds about right.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
NextGenBoys;2519210 said:
Thing is though, do we go for a Parcells type offense where we preach ball security and everyone complains that we are too conservative and play not to lose...

Or do we have the cut throat mentality where we are always attacking, but are more prone to bonehead plays and turnovers by Romo?

It's a double sided sword in my opinion.

Good questions. I would never attempt to change Romo's style of play. He just needs to make better decisions. It's hard to believe that this is only his second full year starting. He has to take better calculated risks like not lobbing a ball anywhere near Ed Reed.

The Panch

Reaction score
chinch;2519241 said:
Romo doesn't get this concept and has noone making him accountable.

This team, if it were to limit turnovers and penalties (just cut them in half) would have won every game it played with Romo except perhaps last years Pats game where they just unraveled. Even that was started by turnovers.

They are that talented.

What a waste.
I agree with this post 100%. Another reason why the coaching has to change. Alot of it's on Romo, but if he cant get his b.s. together, someone else has to do it for him cause Coach Cupcake and friends, specifically Redball, arent doing such.

reddyuta

Reaction score
i am okay with one romo turnover -thats him trying to make a play but to do it again on a similar boneheaded play in unforgivable.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
21-5? Really? You'd think listening to some of these people here that when he throws 3 TD's and only 1 INT most of the time that he's "Killing us".

Yet when that happens he's a mere 21-5? Hmmm...Amazing.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
To add to this, we're 6-6 when Romo has 2 or more turnovers.

I think that says it all.

21-5 is a .800 winning percentage, which is pretty much equal to a 13-3 season.

With two or more turnovers, we're 6-6 and a .500 ballclub, not making the playoffs (unless we're in the AFC West haha)

Gemini Dolly

Reaction score
Its frustrating when we can all see that Tony has the ability to run and pick up yards or a 1st down, but he opts to throw into double coverage thinking thats the smarter play. STOP IT, TONY!

Just think how good he would be if he just played smart football, meaning protecting the ball and not throwing those idiot interceptions into double, triple coverage. A lot of it is his own fault, but I do wish there was better coaching around him.

yimyammer

Reaction score

Discuss...

We wouldn't have started him until week 8 and then only sparingly, because, you know, he's a rook

yimyammer

Reaction score

Discuss...

What's our record when he doesn't throw any int's?

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
yimyammer;2519517 said:
What's our record when he doesn't throw any int's?

7-2 with the losses coming this year at Arizona and the Washington game in 06 where the fluke blocked FG and facemask turned into a loss.