We are at least one year away from serious contention

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I still 100% believe that if Jerry has a crystal ball and could've known that Fields and Jones would be sitting there at 10 he would have either franchised Dak or flat out not signed him to that massive contract.

Jerry will never admit it, but I don't think he'd pass a polygraph if he said he'd have still signed Dak.

You're delusional. Jerry would've signed Dak if Trevor Lawrence was there at 10. Where have you been for the last 25 years?

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
We could be in contention this year.

Some Cowboys fans have been saying that for the last 20 years, and you're probably one of them.

Fantasyland. THIS is the year Jerry and Stephen figure it out. Yeah, sure. :rolleyes:

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Some Cowboys fans have been saying that for the last 20 years, and you're probably one of them.

Fantasyland. THIS is the year Jerry and Stephen figure it out. Yeah, sure. :rolleyes:
They go away and quit posting since you’ve obviously quit and given up. People like you give up easily and don’t deserve to be fans.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
They go away and quit posting since you’ve obviously quit and given up. People like you give up easily and don’t deserve to be fans.

I've been a Cowboys fan for 50 years in Ohio, Sherlock. You're some clown in Texas passing judgment on anyone who doesn't think like you.

Me > You

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score

I'll be saying it every year until hell freezes over. One of these years I'll be right. It may as well be 2021.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I'll be saying it every year until hell freezes over. One of these years I'll be right. It may as well be 2021.

It won't be, but hope springs eternal. Jerry is the grandpa you wouldn't trust to drive your car and his son wouldn't even get an interview with another NFL team.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Being "good on paper" means nothing still. A paper championship is meaningless. That's all we have right now.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Being "good on paper" means nothing still. A paper championship is meaningless. That's all we have right now.

Yep.

People forget but the hype on Dallas was yuuuuge this time a year ago.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Anything can happen, and while I think our defense will be better this season, realistically, I think we are 1-2 years away from serious contention at the top of the NFL.

The defense will be better this year, but most of our rookies will take at least a year in the system and training program to be as impactful as a contender needs. Add to that another offseason with another draft, along with a free agent period where we may be slightly more aggressive if we see the team with a real opportunity to succeed, and I believe the Cowboys can be NFC/NFL championship contenders.

I like this draft class, but if most of these players turn out to be backups at best, Dallas will be looking at more dark times. If both LBs meet expectations, if at least 1 CB becomes a starter, if 1-2 of our DL picks at least become part of the game day rotation, and if Urban, Kazee, and Neal play as well as they did with former teams, this season will be fun to watch, and Jerry will be looking to extend a couple of 1-year contracts.

Thanks for the optimism but I can see 25 other teams believing the same for themselves.

We canna buy the idea that the league will remain stagnant. Lo and behold, many, especially the WFT, 40 Whiners, Rams and Cardinals in the NFC alone have reloaded.