We are going to miss Church

Reaction score
Our tacking in the secondary is bad. And the way our CBs play off receivers, we give up alot of underneath catches. For his limitations in coverage, you could always count on Church to make a sure tackle. Heath may be more athletic and a better ball athlete, but he cant hold Church's jock on tackling.

reddyuta

Reaction score
Heath is horrendous so far,i mean really bad.Xavier Woods will be starting soon.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's preseason against a team we play this year. Enjoy your vanilla.

TrailBlazer

Reaction score
He wasn't that good and definitely wasn't worth the money he got from Jax. So I'd rather just go with a younger guy like Xavier Woods who can hopefully develop into the player we all wanted Barry to become, but never did.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Vanilla is one thing, absolutely no ice cream is another

We're looking at, what, a six point half against an elite offense? Not sure I'd call that 'no ice cream.'

This is pretty much par for the course for preseason defense here.

Reaction score
We're looking at, what, a six point half against an elite offense? Not sure I'd call that 'no ice cream.'

This is pretty much par for the course for preseason defense here.

The points dont tell the full story. Carr missed a number of open WRs and we've been helped by penalties. I dont have confidence in this secondary yet to stop on 3rd down. That might change, but too much cushion by CBs and poor tackling by S so far.

erod

Reaction score
You can't play safety when your corner offers no help whatsoever.

Garrettop

Reaction score
The secondary has looked quite pedestrian. However, we are talking about rookies and new starters and no scheme. I'll reserve judgment, but I expect the secondary to be a liability for at least half the year.

rynochop

Reaction score
I've never been sold on Heath. Don't know why so many on here are high on him. He's a backup and very solid special teams guy IMO..nothing more.
What..that almost INT against GB in that playoff game didn't change your mind that he's suddenly good?

robjay04

Reaction score
Grabbing your knee is not a good look for Hitch. He's had a great camp.

Hope Jaylon is ready to start.

Reaction score
Or you're losing your cool over a 13-10 preseason game at halftime.

If you're looking for something to be upset about, it should be the loss of our starting MIKE.

Seriously, are you not concerned about the secondary? I really dont think I'm losing my cool. The secondary looks worse than last year, and that's a low bar.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Seriously, are you not concerned about the secondary? I really dont think I'm losing my cool. The secondary looks worse than last year, and that's a low bar.

I didn't say I'm not concerned about the secondary. But nothing I've seen tonight affects how I feel about it one way or another.