We are most built like the Titans right now

CWR

Reaction score
and our D wasn't very talented and fundamentally sound. SCHEME has much to do with it. Jaylon and DFLAW was a farce. The interior of the D all the way back to safety was mediocre at best. Heath and woods flashed, but not real consistent. WE GOT EXPOSED ALL YEAR. Changing out the coaches on a grand scale like MM has, will pay early dividends.

I think changing the scheme will help our LBS as much as anyone on the team. Get some big DT space eater to keep them clean and let them run AND to stop getting gashed while we run right by opposing RBS.

I think adding those DTs, and a legit play maker at Safety will prop everyone else up to an extent.

Rayman70

Reaction score
But they don’t have Jaylon swiping
Jaylon was absolutely trash. Whiffed,overran the ball all year. Couldn't tackle..or wouldn't. We need to revamp the entire D honestly. We do have a small few to build around tho. I think Dorance Armstrong is a keeper. I think the Gifford Kid at Lb is worth keeping. I also like Joe Jackson. DFLAW AND JAYLON should be on notice big time. Not sold that DFLAW fits our new scheme. NO ONE IS SAFE ON D. That's the message I think.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I think changing the scheme will help our LBS as much as anyone on the team. Get some big DT space eater to keep them clean and let them run AND to stop getting gashed while we run right by opposing RBS.

I think adding those DTs, and a legit play maker at Safety will prop everyone else up to an extent.
agree. WE MUST GET A COUPLE BLUE COLLAR FATTYS TO CLOG THE MIDDLE. That free's up the skill guys to do what they do. We lacked that.

Reactions: CWR

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Better defense talent/effort.

Cowboys had no issues running the ball against weak teams but struggled at times against good teams and/or went away from it too quickly.

Everyone knew Henry was getting the ball but he still ran through people.

Wish we still had Leary at LG. Definitely missing his meanness and ability to roadgrade.

Right? Henry is a freak of nature. Nobody that big should be that fast.

CWR

Reaction score
agree. WE MUST GET A COUPLE BLUE COLLAR FATTYS TO CLOG THE MIDDLE. That free's up the skill guys to do what they do. We lacked that.

Im so happy to be changing the defense. Bend but dont break, no turn over garbage was frustrating as hell to watch.

Rayman70

Reaction score
it starts up front,period. ALL GOOD TEAMS this time of year have stout trenches. I may be in the minority, I think we need to re-examine what we are doing on the oline. Teams have us figured out. We need to be better at LT...sorry Tyron..but its time we move on. Not sold on anyone at LG. Unless the McGovern kid is good and healthy. We need to get back to Cowboy football...solid oline,solid, fierce dline. The rest will fall into place if we address those things first.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Im so happy to be changing the defense. Bend but dont break, no turn over garbage was frustrating as hell to watch.
as long as the fans understand there will be a learning curve. I see 2021 as the year we can expect great results. Anything we get from the D in 2020 will be gravy. It takes time to retool a scheme and install it...including the right players. I think that's why MM got a 5 year deal. This wont be rebuilt overnight.We gonna have to be patient.

John813

Reaction score
I feel for Cam Wake. Finally gets on a good team and he's on IR.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Titans; Chiefs; Packers; 49ers... we are most built like the Titans right now. What do we need to do to improve and be even better then them. They remained me of the our 1014 and 2016 team but we had Romo in 2014 and Dak in 2016.

The Titans have held two playoff opponents to less than 14 points. The last time the Cowboys held a playoff opponent to less than 14 was 1995.

We have to improve the defense (and be more consistent on offense). Oh, and let's not forget the special teams.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Agreed. I believe a new coaching staff was long overdue and I'm glad we have new coaches, however, now it is time to decide what is wrong with this roster. You look at the Chiefs, they're fast, physical, and motivated. 49ers: fast, hard to tackle, motivated, physical. Titans, physical, motivated. Dallas lacks everything that these playoff teams have. Now, the motivation can be fixed with coaching, but talent, speed, physicality, strength, etc can NOT be taught. It has to come from the player within, however, we lack players with such qualities. Our WR's are fast. Faster than KC? No. Faster than Baltimore? No. Faster than the Titans? No. We have some of the slowest players in the league IMO. WR's are good route runners, but not speedy and do not have sure hands. QB is slow as hell (Brady ran faster than him recently). RB hasn't had his burst since 2016. He's fast, but.... that's not his main attribute. Corners are slow. Slow, slow, slow. We need pay attention to the fastest players in the combine and go for them at the positions we need.

blueblood70

Reaction score
We need more speed at WR.

The Chiefs offense is perfect. Every team in the league should be trying to mimic that.
yea right because Mahomes grow on trees..he makes that thing go.. they lose that game without him getting down 24 in the first qtr..no doubt about it..

NorTex

Reaction score
Let's see how the Titans defense holds up against the Chiefs...

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
yea right because Mahomes grow on trees..he makes that thing go.. they lose that game without him getting down 24 in the first qtr..no doubt about it..
"We don't have Pat Mahomes so we shouldn't try to be the Chiefs" is a ridiculous take.

He makes that offense capable of scoring touchdowns on 7 consecutive drives. But the system and those skill players would work with any good QB, including Dak.

blueblood70

Reaction score
"We don't have Pat Mahomes so we shouldn't try to be the Chiefs" is a ridiculous take.

He makes that offense capable of scoring touchdowns on 7 consecutive drives. But the system and those skill players would work with any good QB, including Dak.
why they have average ST and defense, they are only special because Mahomes..so not stupid you build to your realistic talent not trying to emulate NE or KC because YOU CANT...

so dont go name calling when you know PM is what makes this go and hes a special generational QB..so yes I satnd by my opinion..

yea because Reid did this in philly right? he didnt even do this with Asmith the first year, he wanted to and saw the limitations, now it works..theres a reason for this...he built the offense around Mahimes meaning those players are not as dynamic without Mahomes..they are a matched set..