We better fix our defense!

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Two new OC's hired in our division, one was our recent offensive coordinator a year ago. KM likes to score points, Washington's OC was good in college, for Arizona who really knows. I think we will have our work cut out for us.

I'm not anointing them as the greatest of all time, I'm just saying we need to be prepared that's all, please give your thoughts..

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cowboys just finished the season with one of the best defenses in the league. That was without Diggs, LVE and Overshown.

With them returning, it's easy to see where they can add talent to make this a better defense next year.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Cowboys just finished the season with one of the best defenses in the league. That was without Diggs, LVE and Overshown.

With them returning, it's easy to see where they can add talent to make this a better defense next year.
The run defense has been an ongoing issue for years. We’ll never get far if we can’t stop the run. We’re going to continue to be attacked on the ground until we figure it out. Our pass rush was applying pressure, but it wasn’t getting home like it did last season. The biggest problem with the defense is it doesn’t show up in the playoffs. Although we have a top 10 defense, it didn’t play to that ranking in the playoffs. We need more size upfront, and at LB.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
“We got one them offensive coordinators that likes to score points”

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

I don't think anyone is worried about how we finished, last finish we saw was with a cheesy team running through us leaving holes like swiss cheese!

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The run defense has been an ongoing issue for years. We’ll never get far if we can’t stop the run. We’re going to continue to be attacked on the ground until we figure it out. Our pass rush was applying pressure, but it wasn’t getting home like it did last season. The biggest problem with the defense is it doesn’t show up in the playoffs. Although we have a top 10 defense, it didn’t play to that ranking in the playoffs. We need more size upfront, and at LB.
maybe it's time to stop getting these guys that are supposed to be light and get up the field, instead guys that can hold up a few guys and keep our lb's clean/getting bigger LB's major priority

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You cannot count on Overshown and Diggs to be 100% back. We've made that mistake before.
cowboys players seem to take an extra year to gain their confidence after an ACL injury, so in 2025 they should be cool

starfan1

Reaction score
lots of issues on this team but the defense IMO is the biggest.If they do not get turnovers they are suspect to being gashed by good teams.And good teams dont normally turn the ball over. They also need to run the ball better. I see fewer turnovers next year but if they get a bigger LBs and another big body preferrably a better one than Mazi Smith or at least the rookie version we could get better.

I dont know about the rest of you but when we needed a stop by the defense against good teams I never had faith that it would come. But I could say the same thing about the offense and getting a first down

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
You cannot count on Overshown and Diggs to be 100% back. We've made that mistake before.
Overshown hasn't played a single down yet, either. No one knows what he will be able to do.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
lots of issues on this team but the defense IMO is the biggest.If they do not get turnovers they are suspect to being gashed by good teams.And good teams dont normally turn the ball over. They also need to run the ball better. I see fewer turnovers next year but if they get a bigger LBs and another big body preferrably a better one than Mazi Smith or at least the rookie version we could get better.

I dont know about the rest of you but when we needed a stop by the defense against good teams I never had faith that it would come. But I could say the same thing about the offense and getting a first down
Post of the morning!!!!!!!!!! It always feels like when we need a first down on offense, Dak ALWAYS gets sacked!!!! Like I can just feel it coming, or it's a penalty, which drives us back, then BOOM a sack. Can go as far as us throwing a short dump pass in which we're NOWHERE near the first down marker!