We bought into the hype

Noclaf

Reaction score
Again this fan base bought into the hype from everyone. I think we forgot how bad this team was last year until Copper showed up. It's clear now that this team is no where near as talented as the hype machine said they were. Very average roster, and some really bad spots that this team has never tired to fix

Techsass

Reaction score
Again this fan base bought into the hype from everyone. I think we forgot how bad this team was last year until Copper showed up. It's clear now that this team is no where near as talented as the hype machine said they were. Very average roster, and some really bad spots that this team has never tired to fix
It's easy to sell people on what they want to believe. I've been a regular customer for ages now.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Speak for yourself.

I laughed my *** off when I watched Bill Jones ask Jerry Jones in training camp if this was the most talented team since the 95 super bowl team and he said yes.

Ridiculous.
That’s the conflict of interest when the owner and GM wear the same hat. Ones job is to promote the product the others is to build it and be accountable.

Jerry does a much better job at one than the other.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Agreed. That’s why I say we trade players for picks and other players and cut/fire/release the rest. Start out fresh.

irishline

Reaction score
4 games to go.

Why is everybody giving up? Shouldnt we support our Cowboys until we are mathematically eliminated?

Just get in.

I can root and support the Cowboys while at the same time understand realistically where the team is. Those two things are not mutually exclusive. I would know, as most of the others here, because I have been doing it for more than two decades now.

At this point I'd rather be surprised instead of let down. Does not mean I cheer for or support them any less than I did when they were winning Superbowls.

Hype is just hype and at this point it has been so hyped for decades that it's just overhyped nonsense really. Show it or shut up about it.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
They're like any other team, in that they want the fans to believe in them. That's what sells tickets and merchandise. As for us falling for the hype, I think only the most optimistic went all in. A good portion of us just hoped....and still do.