We cannot let A.P. get more than 124 yards

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
NFL all-time rushing yards leaders -

Currently, Adrian Peterson is sitting at #10 with 12,615 yards...

Sitting at #9 is Tony Dorsett, with 12,739 yards.

A.P. will inevitably pass Dorsett, but I certainly don't want it to happen against us.

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
We've defended the run exceptionally well with the exception of Cam Newton in the first quarter of week 1, and Chris Carson (the only 100 yard rusher we have allowed) in week 3.

I like our chances, but even at 33 - AD is still AD.

Rayman70

Reaction score
LVE needs to head hunt this dude..
WE GOT THIS. He's the least of my concern. My main concern is Alex Smith carving us up like in years past. We need to send him a message early,in the form of blitzes, and stunts.Gotta hit him and throw him off rhythm early. He can beat us with little to no run game. This is Alex Smiths team. Not AP'S. We win this one by 10 points. Close at half time,but we pull away late thanks to Dak hitting a clutch 3rd down pass...then running out the clock with Zeke. I called the Jags game almost perfectly last week..lol...so heck..why not. We will win regardless. We are finding ourselves finally. Gallup scores in this one.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
We need LVE to hit AP high and then jaylon finish him off low at the knees with a power blast.

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
WE GOT THIS. He's the least of my concern. My main concern is Alex Smith carving us up like in years past. We need to send him a message early,in the form of blitzes, and stunts.Gotta hit him and throw him off rhythm early. He can beat us with little to no run game. This is Alex Smiths team. Not AP'S. We win this one by 10 points. Close at half time,but we pull away late thanks to Dak hitting a clutch 3rd down pass...then running out the clock with Zeke. I called the Jags game almost perfectly last week..lol...so heck..why not. We will win regardless. We are finding ourselves finally. Gallup scores in this one.
I'm sorry, but you're simply wrong about Alex Smith playing against us. He has never "carved us up" in his entire 13-14 year career, dating back to San Francisco. He has managed to beat us only one single time, in overtime, in an effort where he only passed for 223 yards. If there are any two QB's that we play well against, it's Alex Smith and Kirk Cousins. I will agree with applying pressure early. He's struggling enough in the passing game as it is, so having him on his back for the entire game will be helpful. We need to stop Jordan Reed too. Keep the ball out of his hands.

Rayman70

Reaction score
these divisional rivalry games are soooo unpredictable. But one thing always holds true. He who controls time of possession and the field position game, normally wins. If we do those 2 things that means we done so because of Zeke and the special teams doing their jobs. Losing the field position battle to Alex Smith and AP is a recipe for a loss. THAT CANNOT HAPPEN.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I'm sorry, but you're simply wrong about Alex Smith playing against us. He has never "carved us up" in his entire 13-14 year career, dating back to San Francisco. He has managed to beat us only one single time, in overtime, in an effort where he only passed for 223 yards. If there are any two QB's that we play well against, it's Alex Smith and Kirk Cousins. I will agree with applying pressure early. He's struggling enough in the passing game as it is, so having him on his back for the entire game will be helpful. We need to stop Jordan Reed too. Keep the ball out of his hands.
BULL CRAP. Alex Smith,when Romo was still our QB..up in KC...carved us badly in 2014. May have been 2013. We still had Miles Austin playing I believe. We just couldn't stop what they were doing. But won only because of Romo pulling it out. Smith is very Dangerous if we don't pressure and hit him hard. I just wanna win...don't care how. This could be the game where Zeke and the D go off big,if we win the field position battle. Whats the weather going to be like Sunday in DC? I haven't seen the forecast.

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
BULL CRAP. Alex Smith,when Romo was still our QB..up in KC...carved us badly in 2014. May have been 2013. We still had Miles Austin playing I believe. We just couldn't stop what they were doing. But won only because of Romo pulling it out. Smith is very Dangerous if we don't pressure and hit him hard. I just wanna win...don't care how. This could be the game where Zeke and the D go off big,if we win the field position battle. Whats the weather going to be like Sunday in DC? I haven't seen the forecast.
That's the game I was referencing. The Chiefs won that game by 1 point in OT, and Alex only threw for 223.

Dez actually murdered them in that game. He had like a 150 yard day - I'm pretty sure.

EDIT: It wasn't overtime - just looked it up.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
That wasn't an overtime game, KC won 17-16, and he killed us was with his legs. He ran for 57 yards.

Generally speaking, no, he hasn't carved us up (does he ever really carve up anyone?), but that game he was really, really good lol

Rayman70

Reaction score
That's the game I was referencing. The Chiefs won that game by 1 point in OT, and Alex only threw for 223.

Dez actually murdered them in that game. He had like a 150 yard day - I'm pretty sure.
the one im talking about we won at KC. We wore our throwbacks. Its the 1 where Miles Austin scored on a hitch and went the distance to basically put us in position to win. It was a rain game I think. Im guess Im saying, we better respect the guy and what he can do to us. He DOES have weapons at TE and receiver.

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
That wasn't an overtime game, KC won 17-16, and he killed us was with his legs. He ran for 57 yards.

Generally speaking, no, he hasn't carved us up (does he ever really carve up anyone?), but that game he was really, really good lol
Ah - yes. I remember that game vividly. What killed us was our inability to run the ball, hence why Tony threw the ball about 50 times.

They completely took Demarco Murray out of the game.

Rayman70

Reaction score

yes..he did that too. Ran all over us in that one. He is elusive and quick footed.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I know for a fact we beat KC in KC when Miles Austin was here...it was either 2013,or heck...maybe prior. Nevertheless, Smith hurt us in various ways.