We cannot let A.P. get more than 124 yards

Rayman70

Reaction score
its a terrible mistake to focus only on AP. Vernon Davis and that TE group is very good. The wr core is decent. Where we will be challenged is their oline is very good. Tough to get thru.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
In 2017 Smith was 25/34 for 263 yds, 2 tds and 1 int, rating of 102.9. Pretty good, but hardly "carving them up"...

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Since Dallas is 0-3 on the road this year, and the skins are one of, if not the most (it is in my 50 years of watching the Cowboys) biggest rivalries, I think Dallas can win but it's probably not going to be easy.

Pass rush will be the key....

Rayman70

Reaction score
In 2017 Smith was 25/34 for 263 yds, 2 tds and 1 int, rating of 102.9. Pretty good, but hardly "carving them up"...
we won that one fairly easy. Ran Zeke all over them..controlled clock. If he has a game similar to that PLUS with AP and Davis, we might lose. We must punish him early. Im referring to way before that game.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Since Dallas is 0-3 on the road this year, and the skins are one of, if not the most (it is in my 50 years of watching the Cowboys) biggest rivalries, I think Dallas can win but it's probably not going to be easy.

Pass rush will be the key....
agree. If we can harass Smith early and set the tone, we win a close one. Pulling away late. We will control AP. Im confident in that.

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
Unfortunately for Linehan, the Panthers played awful against the Skins last week, so he can't make a copy of a game plan like he did Andy Reid's last week...

Rayman70

Reaction score
we will win. We are finally getting our sea legs under us. The preseason really screwed the youngsters because the lack of reps with the starters. We came out sluggish for 3 weeks. We win this one 23-13.Scoring a late FG icing it.

cowboyec

Reaction score
I could be wrong...but I have a gut-feelin' it'll be a old-school dog-fight.
OL vs DL.
biggest,fattest,ugliest wins.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
NFL all-time rushing yards leaders -

Currently, Adrian Peterson is sitting at #10 with 12,615 yards...

Sitting at #9 is Tony Dorsett, with 12,739 yards.

A.P. will inevitably pass Dorsett, but I certainly don't want it to happen against us.

Not to mention that if AP rushes for 124 we'll probably lose the game.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
That wasn't an overtime game, KC won 17-16, and he killed us was with his legs. He ran for 57 yards.

Generally speaking, no, he hasn't carved us up (does he ever really carve up anyone?), but that game he was really, really good lol
That’s what I remember about that game... every time Dallas actually had coverage and got pressure on smith, he’d take off for about 15 yards and a first down.

Dallas needs to keep him in the pocket. They can’t let him break contain and extend drives.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
WE GOT THIS. He's the least of my concern. My main concern is Alex Smith carving us up like in years past. We need to send him a message early,in the form of blitzes, and stunts.Gotta hit him and throw him off rhythm early. He can beat us with little to no run game. This is Alex Smiths team. Not AP'S. We win this one by 10 points. Close at half time,but we pull away late thanks to Dak hitting a clutch 3rd down pass...then running out the clock with Zeke. I called the Jags game almost perfectly last week..lol...so heck..why not. We will win regardless. We are finding ourselves finally. Gallup scores in this one.
Agree, and if they want to try and pound AP it makes the Skins more predictable since AP isn't a pass catching threat.
If the Skins game plan is to pound AP all day long, let em,,, the advantage will be Dallas D.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I know for a fact we beat KC in KC when Miles Austin was here...it was either 2013,or heck...maybe prior. Nevertheless, Smith hurt us in various ways.
That's the Miles Austin breakout game where he had 10 for 250 and the OT touchdown catch. You're totally right....

...except for the fact that Matt Cassel was the Chiefs QB lol

TheBigEasy

Reaction score
I know for a fact we beat KC in KC when Miles Austin was here...it was either 2013,or heck...maybe prior. Nevertheless, Smith hurt us in various ways.

Dallas Cowboys at Kansas City Chiefs
October 11, 2009

Dallas 26
Kansas City 20
OT

6:38 OT - TD - Miles Austin 60 pass from Tony Romo
Unfortunately my man, it was MATT CASSEL under center for the Chiefs at the time and NOT Alex Smith. LOL No worries as old age had me thinking the same thing. :lmao2:

Flamma

Reaction score

That was 2009. Dallas won in OT but Smith had a pretty good game. Austin had 10 catches for 250 and 2 TDs. Alex is dangerous at times, but he's not elite. Dallas beat the Chiefs last year with Smith, and this year our D is a lot better. I just think we have to worry about our O. Litterally no one on the 'skins worries me.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
I predict Jeff Heath knocks him out in the first quarter.
LOL I am assuming that you are making a wise crack because of what happened the last time those two collided. It was like a baby tackling a gorilla.

Rayman70

Reaction score
That was 2009. Dallas won in OT but Smith had a pretty good game. Austin had 10 catches for 250 and 2 TDs. Alex is dangerous at times, but he's not elite. Dallas beat the Chiefs last year with Smith, and this year our D is a lot better. I just think we have to worry about our O. Litterally no one on the 'skins worries me.
wow...that was way back further than I thought lol. But yes..he isn't elite. I realize that. We tend to get some of his better performances though.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Dallas Cowboys at Kansas City Chiefs
October 11, 2009

Dallas 26
Kansas City 20
OT

6:38 OT - TD - Miles Austin 60 pass from Tony Romo
Unfortunately my man, it was MATT CASSEL under center for the Chiefs at the time and NOT Alex Smith. LOL No worries as old age had me thinking the same thing. :lmao2:
was it really Cassel? I don't think so...

Kevinicus

Reaction score
was it really Cassel? I don't think so...

Yes. I was at that game. Smith didn't come to KC until 2013 when Reid came. I was also at that game.

I wouldn't say Cassell carved us up either. KC had 13 points until the final drive of the 4th quarter that the Chiefs tied things up on (I believe converting two 4th downs in the process).

I think the 2013 game was the only time a Smith QB'd team has beat the Cowboys (Edit: confirmed - losses in 2011 and 2017, and the win in 2013).