We can still get McFadden...

malbis030347

Reaction score
for all of us that are watching the Browns mess up the draft order for us next April, remember we have 2 first rounders so, depending on what the other 2-14 teams that will pick ahead of us, we can find the spot where we think the team will draft him and probably trade one of our first rounders or package some combo ......if that is the goal in getting out of the first round....we need cornerbacks ,too, like all teams... so that may be something to consider

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I would love to have him but I would not be willing to give up both #1's to do so.

TonyRomo#9

i would.. our team isn't at the point that we need a bunch of guys. we need the best ones.. mcfadden is just that

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
While McFadden is a very good prospect, there is no need to give up additional draft picks to get thim, there are other RBs that are nearly as good or (imo, better suited to Cowboys scheme) that could be had in first round.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
We need more than just a rb. McFadden would be great but there are other very good rbs that will be available without having to make a crazy trade.

sago1

Reaction score
We have some real needs on this team and no way do I want us to give both first rounders for McFadden.

We've got priority needs at CB/RB/WR. I'm holding off on DT to see how Ratliff continues to do and how much help Tank Johnson can do for us. Also Ferguson will be back next year for his final 2 years with us.

TonyRomo#9

the problem is, i don't see another RB that is on, or near, the same level as Dmac.
it isn't like with lynch last year.

and how does Dmac not fit our system?

alot of teams need QBs and this is a deep QB draft, so trade value will be up, we can get a favorable and probobly keep our 1, and upgrade our other.

HighTechDave

7 Years of College Down the Drain
Reaction score
I say trade that #1 for a crapload of late 1's/2's, and 3's so we can get some secondary help in here.

Draft body count gives us a higher odds on hitting on quality/quantity, instead of rolling it up on one guy, and getting on our knees and praying he works out. IMHO

dcowboysfan76

Reaction score
sago1;1736244 said:
We have some real needs on this team and no way do I want us to give both first rounders for McFadden.

We've got priority needs at CB/RB/WR. I'm holding off on DT to see how Ratliff continues to do and how much help Tank Johnson can do for us. Also Ferguson will be back next year for his final 2 years with us.

IMO, there is no doubt that Faddy doesn't give Jerry wood.....so therefore IMO, I can see the Cowboys trading a 1st and a 2nd to move up to get Faddy if necessary, and then after drafting him they would move down in the 1st round (take the best WR or CB available) with their other pick to get back into the 2nd round.....

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
dcowboysfan76;1736261 said:
IMO, there is no doubt that Faddy doesn't give Jerry wood.....so therefore IMO, I can see the Cowboys trading a 1st and a 2nd to move up to get Faddy if necessary, and then after drafting him they would move down in the 1st round (take the best WR or CB available) with their other pick to get back into the 2nd round.....

It will take both #1's to move up high enough to get McFadden.

silverblue

Reaction score
in case you have not seen our drafts of late, we regularly move down to get more picks not trade away our picks for some hot college prospect. Looks like it has been working fairly well. Just forget about mcfadden unless of course he is still there after we trade away one of our first rounders for more second round picks :)

dcowboysfan76

Reaction score
Yeagermeister;1736263 said:
It will take both #1's to move up high enough to get McFadden.

You could be right! I forgot Cleveland wasn't stinking up the joint this year....:bow:

TonyRomo#9

i don't think it will. clevelands schedule has been pretty weak(wins against miami/st.louis/baltimore/cinci), and does get a little bit tougher, and most of the bottom tear teams are happy at RB. you have to go up the list aways to find a team that would take a RB #1 and and a bunch of them want a QB so they will want to move down in this QB heavy draft.

dcowboysfan76

Reaction score
Tony Romo;1736269 said:
i don't think it will. clevelands schedule has been pretty weak(wins against miami/st.louis/baltimore/cinci), and does get a little bit tougher, and most of the bottom tear teams are happy at RB. you have to go up the list aways to find a team that would take a RB #1 and and a bunch of them want a QB so they will want to move down in this QB heavy draft.

I can see the Falcons taking a RB unless they give Hall the "Keyshawn"
Oakland may be inclined
Jets are a possibility even though they have bigger needs

Echo9

Erik_H
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
dcowboysfan76;1736273 said:
I can see the Falcons taking a RB unless they give Hall the "Keyshawn"
Oakland may be inclined
Jets are a possibility even though they have bigger needs

I think the Falcons might just need a QB. ;) The Brohm/Petrino connection is also there.

I think Oakland would jump all over him unless they go OL.
Miami has Brown and desperately need OL and D.
I agree on the Jets having bigger needs, but ya never know.

So who might take McFadden?
Jets, Raiders, Bengals, Texans, Bears, Eagles (ugh), Broncos, Cards, Skins (ugh-ugh).

Too many teams. he's pretty much as good as gone unless the Browns stop pulling this Buffalo Bills garbage and start losing.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
We got the extra first rounder for basically NOTHING so if you want to give up 2 1st for the guy then you know what go do it.

We earned it from a pick that wasnt ours anyways.

That being said I trust our scouting and I believe they will make the right decision.

dcowboysfan76

Reaction score
Erik_H;1736291 said:
I think the Falcons might just need a QB. ;) The Brohm/Petrino connection is also there.

I think Oakland would jump all over him unless they go OL.
Miami has Brown and desperately need OL and D.
I agree on the Jets having bigger needs, but ya never know.

So who might take McFadden?
Jets, Raiders, Bengals, Texans, Bears, Eagles (ugh), Broncos, Cards, Skins (ugh-ugh).

Too many teams. he's pretty much as good as gone unless the Browns stop pulling this Buffalo Bills garbage and start losing.

I think the ultimate question is whether or not Faddy is a top 5 pick....I personally can see him going around the same time as Peterson

dallasfaniac

Reaction score
McFadden is getting the same hype that Steven Jackson was in 2004 or Bush in 2006. Yet neither are considered the best of their class at this time. Heck, out of the 2004 draft, the best one was undrafted and arguably the second best in the 5th round. In the 2006 draft, there are probably 5 runningbacks taken after Bush that are making more of an impact.

RBs can be taken in any round and still make an impact, the early RBs seem to become busts as of late for anyone not named Peterson.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
what does mcfadden do that barber doesnt already do? but does it better and in the nfl.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
The best way to get better and stay good is to keep adding quality players in the draft. I would rather see them continue to use the same strategy that has worked so well the last few seasons.