We can still get McFadden...

STAR GAZER

Benched
Reaction score
dallasfaniac;1736324 said:
McFadden is getting the same hype that Steven Jackson was in 2004 or Bush in 2006. Yet neither are considered the best of their class at this time. Heck, out of the 2004 draft, the best one was undrafted and arguably the second best in the 5th round. In the 2006 draft, there are probably 5 runningbacks taken after Bush that are making more of an impact.

RBs can be taken in any round and still make an impact, the early RBs seem to become busts as of late for anyone not named Peterson.

I agree. We can get a back much later. Continue to use the two back system. Like Latin said Barber is going to insure we have a solid rush with two fresh backs.

I would rather see us go after a corner at the top of the draft, and free agency for a WR. We don't want a WR project for the next couple of years. Get someone who has experience and can make an impact from the get go. Remember we have two aging WR's and one is coming of a possible career ending injury.

dcowboysfan76

Reaction score
LatinMind;1736326 said:
what does mcfadden do that barber doesnt already do? but does it better and in the nfl.

I would just say that he's faster and cuts better.......other than that.....nada.....hey Lat what's up with FSU? and how is the Paramedic thing going for you?

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
dcowboysfan76;1736365 said:
I would just say that he's faster and cuts better.......other than that.....nada.....hey Lat what's up with FSU? and how is the Paramedic thing going for you?

i dont think mcfadden does any cutting. actually its known his weakness is lack of cutback ability. he uses speed and angles to get past defenders.

that wont fly in the nfl, just look at reggie bush and caddillac williams.

fresno state is young, they should have some decent picks ina yr or 2. this yr they're lone guy will probably be bear poscoe. one of the best all round te's in college.

im not involved with paramedics. im studying to be a pediatrician:laugh2:

dcowboysfan76

Reaction score
LatinMind;1737507 said:
i dont think mcfadden does any cutting. actually its known his weakness is lack of cutback ability. he uses speed and angles to get past defenders.

that wont fly in the nfl, just look at reggie bush and caddillac williams.

fresno state is young, they should have some decent picks ina yr or 2. this yr they're lone guy will probably be bear poscoe. one of the best all round te's in college.

im not involved with paramedics. im studying to be a pediatrician:laugh2:

LOL, it's been a long time since I've heard from you....I couldn't remember what it was we had in common.....I couldn't remember if it was FloridaSU or Miami that you liked.........I remember the last time we spoke I was finishing med school, and I thought you were a paramedic.......my baaad:laugh2:

dallasfan

Reaction score
A couple months ago I was against giving up 2 #1s for McFadden, but after seeing how well our secondary has played at 3/4 strength, and Patrick Crayton showing he can be a #2 WR I think we should do it. McFadden can give us the balance to play keep away while scoring against teams like the Pats and Colts.

dallasfan

Reaction score
dallasfaniac;1736324 said:
McFadden is getting the same hype that Steven Jackson was in 2004 or Bush in 2006. Yet neither are considered the best of their class at this time. Heck, out of the 2004 draft, the best one was undrafted and arguably the second best in the 5th round. In the 2006 draft, there are probably 5 runningbacks taken after Bush that are making more of an impact.

RBs can be taken in any round and still make an impact, the early RBs seem to become busts as of late for anyone not named Peterson.

Stephen Jackson was taken like 26th, no comparasion as a prospect to McFadden or Bush what so ever. And it's hard to compare the impact of Bush to Addai/Maroney cause they where drafted by the 2 best teams of the past 10 or so years.

D-TownRadio

Benched
Reaction score
Okay I was just looking at some college football sites and came across an article that I found to be very intresting.

The feeling is mutual!
Allot of people have joked about Jerry Jones’ man crush on Razorbacks star running back Darren McFadden and after watching an interview with Darren and ESPN reporter Joe Shad I must say that I get the vibe that the feeling may be mutual.
After a 48-36 win over South Carolina on Nov 3, Arkansas' star running back Darren McFadden gave hints that he would enter the NFL draft in 2008. He even hinted as to what team he thinks he will be drafted by.
During a post game interview with ESPN he was asked if he would be coming back to Arkansas for another year in which he replied. "I love playing here, but I am also looking forward to playing at the next level." Joe Shad continued to push the topic by saying he hadn't answered his question. McFadden replied. "You know I can't answer that." Just as Joe gave up on the topic Darren smiled and said "Hey Joe, Next year. I'll see you on Sunday."
Joe asked Darren hypothetically if he were to join the 2008 draft what team he thinks would take him. "I mean I don't know. There are allot of great players coming out this year so it's hard to say if I did join the draft where I would go and what team would take me."
Joe told him that allot of people think that Jerry Jones might take a shot at him. As a smile slowly crept across his face Darren replied. "Jerry Jones? What team does he own?" and with a wink of his eye he went off to join his teammates in the locker room.
At first I thought nothing of it until I thought back to an interview with Jerry Jones owner and General Manager of the Dallas Cowboys in which he was asked if the Cowboys might be targeting Darren McFadden with the pick they got from the Browns in the Brady Quinn deal. "Darren McFadden? Who's he play for?" Jerry said with a wink.

D-TownRadio

Benched
Reaction score
tyke1doe;1755324 said:
What does it matter if the Browns keep on winning?
Well actualy we will most likely end up packaging our 2 first rounders for DMC. I know alot of people think that we should draft a WR or CB with those picks but there is no #1 worthy talent in the 1st round. Honestly I don't see anyone worth either first rounders other then DMC. Yes there are some okay Wideouts in this draft but no one that will be as big an impact as dmac. I think we could trade next years #1 for Fitz and grab a nice CB in Free Agency or move up early in the 2nd round to pick up king. I can't help but think the reason for trading last years first rounder was to set our self up for Dmac. Who else could Jerry been thinking of when he made that move? Anyone who thinks we are not going to package our picks for him are in denial and will end up mad so they should just get used to the idea now. I have. I wanted us to take a shot at DeSean but the way things are going I have given up all hope and have begun to embrace run DMC as the newest cowboy. Besides I think that I would rather have Fitz a proven young wide out then take a shot at a player that is a 50/50 chance that he will pan out. The fact is DMAC is jones' replacement.

D-TownRadio

Benched
Reaction score
silverblue;1736266 said:
in case you have not seen our drafts of late, we regularly move down to get more picks not trade away our picks for some hot college prospect. Looks like it has been working fairly well. Just forget about mcfadden unless of course he is still there after we trade away one of our first rounders for more second round picks :)
Actualy that was parcells that was telling jerry to trade down with him gone and the cowboys at the high level they are at with a limited amount of needs look for us to grab the best players available. We traded last year souly for the purpose of picking up McFadden.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
D-TownRadio;1755350 said:
Well actualy we will most likely end up packaging our 2 first rounders for DMC. I know alot of people think that we should draft a WR or CB with those picks but there is no #1 worthy talent in the 1st round. Honestly I don't see anyone worth either first rounders other then DMC. Yes there are some okay Wideouts in this draft but no one that will be as big an impact as dmac. I think we could trade next years #1 for Fitz and grab a nice CB in Free Agency or move up early in the 2nd round to pick up king. I can't help but think the reason for trading last years first rounder was to set our self up for Dmac. Who else could Jerry been thinking of when he made that move? Anyone who thinks we are not going to package our picks for him are in denial and will end up mad so they should just get used to the idea now. I have. I wanted us to take a shot at DeSean but the way things are going I have given up all hope and have begun to embrace run DMC as the newest cowboy. Besides I think that I would rather have Fitz a proven young wide out then take a shot at a player that is a 50/50 chance that he will pan out. The fact is DMAC is jones' replacement.

Two low first round picks won't be enough to nab McFadden. Sorry.

ayjackson

Reaction score
D-TownRadio;1755360 said:
Actually, that was Parcells that was telling Jerry to trade down. With Parcells gone, the Cowboys at the high level they are at, with a limited amount of needs, look for us to grab the best players available. We traded last year solely for the purpose of picking up McFadden.

Translated to English.

:p:

dallasfan

Reaction score
tyke1doe;1759840 said:
Two low first round picks won't be enough to nab McFadden. Sorry.

Depends how low we're talking about. Assuuming we pick 31rst, the 16th pick could get us to 7th assuming McFadden is still available.

mmillman

Reaction score
McFadden is in the A.P. class as far as talent. He instantly improves the Cowboys and is worth whatever is left at the bottom of next years draft. I would trade two firsts and a second to get him.

dthahn

The Doctor Is IN!
Reaction score
mmillman;1769770 said:
McFadden is in the A.P. class as far as talent. He instantly improves the Cowboys and is worth whatever is left at the bottom of next years draft. I would trade two firsts and a second to get him.

I'll second that!! Get ur done Jerruh!!!

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
There are so many stud RB's in this draft, We have the Barbarion already.

Makes ZERO sense to mortgage our draft picks for McFadden.....

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Face it folks: the Browns are good. They're 5-4 now, they nearly beat the Steelers last week, and here are the teams they face the rest of the way:

SF
BUF
NYJ
CIN
ARI
HOU
BAL

Every one of those is winnable for them. Their pick is going to be somewhere in the 20s. Our pick will be somewhere in the 28-32 range. Two picks like that will simply NOT get you into the top 10. Forget McFadden or anyone who's going to go in the top half of the 1st round.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Unless somthing happens to him McFadden goes top 5. if our pick is 25+, which is almost a given now, the browns would have to finish with a losing record for us to get even close. That does not seem likely at all. even throwing in our second would not get it done.

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
Nors;1770258 said:
There are so many stud RB's in this draft, We have the Barbarion already.

Makes ZERO sense to mortgage our draft picks for McFadden.....

Unfortunately, I agree with Nors here.

Potentially, you have a RB class with McFadden, Slaton, Rice, Stewart, Mendenhall and Felix Jones.

Someone will slide. Grab one of those guys and a corner or WR and it's a pretty good first round.