We CAN Win This Game!

jwhardin

Reaction score
I know Johnson has stunk up the field, but in a minor defense of him until this year, when was the last time he played in a regular season game, we can hope that for his 3d start this year his timing might improve a litte bit with TO and RW and you do have to go deep in the game and just maybe luck can buy a connection that make the NYG defense back off a little, but the success will come from dominating the LOS and the running game and Defense

jdnelson103

Reaction score
I know we need to establish the run to win, but I think our first three plays out of the box should be bomb, bomb, bomb. Until we convince them that we're going to throw deep, we stand no chance. They'll rush 3-4 guys and leave 7 or 8 within 15 yards of the line to cover the short passes to our 5 guys.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Absolutely, controlling the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball is going to be first and foremost for us to be succesful, turnovers aside of course. After that, we're goig to have to prove we can throw the ball so that we can run.

I guess we all agree on fundamental football, we just know our QB has to be more effective at something he has struggled with the past 2 games. It's a good point that until this year the guy hasn't had to start any regular season games nor has he had much repitition with the starters. Being 3 games into it now he should look smoother you would think. Hopefully it's the case.

Glad to see that fans believe there is a real shot to win this game. Awesome insight!

Tra_Col99

Reaction score
Plaxico Burress (Has his own drama)
Brandon Jacobs
Eli Manning (Not to worried about him but I'll throw him in)
Justin Tuck
Gibril Wilson
Kenny Phillips (Rookie, but good)
Aaron Ross (Who looked better his rookie year)

Wilson is a Raider.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Tra_Col99;2385596 said:
Wilson is a Raider.

Lol! Nice catch, my bad. That's right, he signed that big contract that got Hamlin all excited. That's why they drafted Kenny Phillips. Not sure why I slotted him in there. I also called Aaron Ross Derek, who used to play for us but I meant Aaron and know the difference.

When you just type what's going through your head you slip. Thanks for the correction. What do you think our chances are?

Tra_Col99

Reaction score
AKATheRake;2385612 said:
Lol! Nice catch, my bad. That's right, he signed that big contract that got Hamlin all excited. That's why they drafted Kenny Phillips. Not sure why I slotted him in there. I also called Aaron Ross Derek, who used to play for us but I meant Aaron and know the difference.

When you just type what's going through your head you slip. Thanks for the correction. What do you think our chances are?

No problem, man. Just saw that and wanted to reinforce your thinking. No Wilson in this game helps your agument. :D

Do i see a for sure win? no. Can it be done? yeah, if everything goes right.

Undisputed

Reaction score
I just hope our guys play like we KNOW the Commanders, Eagles, or Giants would play US in the same situation. Right down to the wire, no matter who is decimated by injuries, playing with a backup QB, or who comes in a heavy underdog. About time we had the chance to be the underdog and humble and elite opponent.

:star:

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
jasonwitten82;2385627 said:
Just an opinion, If the Cowboys win Sun. all the so called "fans" will be back on the bandwagon
very few have jumped off. they've just been less caring since the team has been playing like they don't care for the past 5 weeks.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
jasonwitten82;2385627 said:
Just an opinion, If the Cowboys win Sun. all the so called "fans" will be back on the bandwagon

We win, the whole league will be back on our bandwagon. Especially knowing the fire power and defensive players we have coming back. I stayed true to the Tampa game prediction and said that if we didn't win last week I'd have to cheer for the Rams the rest of the year.

I'm not a homer or a KoolAid drinker but I love this team and if we weren't going to find a way to win last week then we didn't deserve a season in my opinion and this team proved that they do. Why can't they find a way to win this week? Tampa is a good solid team that did nothing to win that game. The Giants will try and take it to us, we should do the same.

Tra_Col99: No problem, man. Just saw that and wanted to reinforce your thinking. No Wilson in this game helps your agument. :D

Do i see a for sure win? no. Can it be done? yeah, if everything goes right.
Awesome, thanks my firend! The insight is greatly appreciated!

Undisputed: I just hope our guys play like we KNOW the Commanders, Eagles, or Giants would play US in the same situation. Right down to the wire, no matter who is decimated by injuries, playing with a backup QB, or who comes in a heavy underdog. About time we had the chance to be the underdog and humble and elite opponent.

:star:

I agree, I just want to see that same effort as our opponents give us and it is nice to have the opportunity to pull an upset. I'm as excited about this game as when the season started. By the way, and I mean this with all the respect possible, who is that pretty lady in your signature?

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Rampage;2385644 said:
very few have jomped off. they've just been less caring since the team has been playing like they don't care for the past 5 weeks.

Well, we know you care Big guy and no matter how honest you are about this team, which I commend you for, you are with these guys through thick and thin.

They proved they care last week. Lets see if they still do this week. They are keeping their pie holes shut so far this week. Looks like they are preparing themselves to face a champion. That's all I ask from this team and if they do it they still have the players to win against anyone as is. I stress, this week for a reason. We need to think week to week as a team and a fan base to support them.

Undisputed

Reaction score
If we pulled it off, it would certainly be our sweetest victory in a long long time. Injuries or not, I'll be pretty disappointed if we don't at least make the game close.

AKATheRake;2385648 said:
I agree, I just want to see that same effort as our opponents give us and it is nice to have the opportunity to pull an upset. I'm as excited about this game as when the season started. By the way, and I mean this with all the respect possible, who is that pretty lady in your signature?

Mickie James. WWE diva and big Cowboys fan. ;)

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Undisputed;2385813 said:
If we pulled it off, it would certainly be our sweetest victory in a long long time. Injuries or not, I'll be pretty disappointed if we don't at least make the game close.

Mickie James. WWE diva and big Cowboys fan. ;)

Exactly, I'm not giving this team any excuses and lowering my standards, especially since they are realistic. I don't see a Terrell Owens or Demarcus Ware type starting for NY this week.

Lets just say I'm a big Mickie James fan from now on. She's one classy looking lady. :giants: