We Don’t Even Know What Dak’s Ceiling Is!

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I have a legitimate argument. Athletes don't reach their prime in their 30’s.

You dont have a legitimate argument. You're just like LOL Go Cowboys.
Right . Not unless you don’t begin until you’re 28 like Staubach.

Players team success might not reach their peak until their 30’s if they weren’t surrounded with a better supporting cast in their 20’s. Elway a great example.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Matt Stafford nor Dak has had any real success.

Both are top level QBS that have not had any success that matters.

If Dak wants to separate himself from guys like that then he needs to get some playoffs success under his belt the same way that Stafford does.
In other words you don’t have the ability to see a QB’s ability without winning.

Good thing you weren’t a scout or recruiter. How would you have found talent unless they were on a great team ?

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Right

We’ve already wasted 5 years without a better team around him mainly on defense. We wasted Romo’s career. There’s still time to waste all of Dak’s career. Jethro can still screw this up.

And when we speak of his ceiling; are we referring to his individual abilities and production or how far our team can go?
No not at all. The team may reach new heights. He could even have better numbers but his physical prime is right now. Late 20's with plenty of experience in the league.

And actually if he doesn't get his mobility back from the injury you could say he's now past his prime.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
So as a fan you have Super Bowl aspirations and what happens if Dallas fails to achieve that? My point is why get too far out on front of the skis as opposed to simply taking a week by week approach? To each their own of course as we all decide individually how to approach being a fan....albeit at the end of the day none of this impacts our respective lives.
It impacts all of our lives differently. I can tell you for most of my life it impacted me greatly as I was attending most of our games at home , many on the road as well as training camps. When you travel with the team on the road it becomes very emotional and attachments are made.

But your right. There’s all types of fans. Attending games is one of the best ways to view the adversity.

I’ve been a fan since before we ever made the playoffs so winning wasn’t necessary to root for my local team. When we begun winning just made it more fun.

Like my Dad who was as passionate with the means to introduce me to being a diehard fanatic said” anyone can root for a winner but it builds character rooting forward a loser”.

Meaning you appreciate winning more if you follow a dormant or mediocre type organization. I only added winning makes it more fun. But he had fun either way cause he though having the ability for the journey regardless of the results was the dream.

I agree . Winning is more fun but there’s nothing more intense than staying at the same hotel and meeting the players , etc. And attending playoff games and Super Bowl . Again regardless the results.

This wasn’t directed at you but your post spurred this reaction for all.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
No not at all. The team may reach new heights. He could even have better numbers but his physical prime is right now. Late 20's with plenty of experience in the league.

And actually if he doesn't get his mobility back from the injury you could say he's now past his prime.
Agreed.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
His ceiling is Matt Stafford? Dak has had more success then Matt Stafford and in a less amount of time and he didn’t have Megatron to screw up either.
That’s arguable. I’d say Stafford was considered more of a prolific passer.

The fact he had the individual success he did on a dormant franchise speaks volumes.

It’s like how much success do you think Dak would have on the Jets for example.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
As was witnessed early in 2020 without a quality TEAM effort (running game, defense, special teams) Dak can't do it on his own. Much like the Aikman days of a sound running game, a quality defense, and timely passing Dallas could be on the verge of something but time will tell as the season goes along.

That said, looking beyond this year has Dallas needing to really evaluate contracts and free agency (as well as the draft) as there is no denying there are some areas to improve (OL getting older and injury prone, DL, Safety, etc.) but also no denying there is some seriously young talent being generated in Dallas (Diggs, Parsons, Schultz, Lamb) which certainly makes the future interesting and hopeful.
Yes and no. Each year is different. Rosters on the most part are shuffled quite a bit each season. Tampa was a rarity this year.

But what if we lose Moore and or Quinn next year? And our OL is aging . We have decisions coming up at WR. Elliott won’t be in his prime much longer.

And who knows on defense. Parsons and Diggs look promising but the rest could go either way. Without the turnover differential it’s still a less than average defense statistically.

I’d argue we are putting the cart before the horse. It’s been so long since we’ve had any kind of defense to compliment the offenses over the years everyone is excited . And deservedly so. We are all so desperate for a true contender . But I’d plea to pump the brakes. Let’s see if we can stay healthy , not suspended and off the C-19 list first thru January with all of the key pieces.

And then hope there aren’t better teams and QB’s we face in the playoffs. The 2 good teams we’ve played so far ; one beat us and the other one should have.

Flamma

Reaction score
Dak has had the supporting cast on offense when most were healthy but not defense until this year.

The offense was never this good. Even last year year, they had droughts that put them down 20+ points. The offense never clicked like it's doing now. I don't know if it's confidence, offensive line, or whatever.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
In other words you don’t have the ability to see a QB’s ability without winning.

Good thing you weren’t a scout or recruiter. How would you have found talent unless they were on a great team ?
I never said they wasn't talented. They are.

I said they're on the same level until one of them leads their team to something and sets them apart.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The offense was never this good. Even last year year, they had droughts that put them down 20+ points. The offense never clicked like it's doing now. I don't know if it's confidence, offensive line, or whatever.
Turnover differential is a huge difference. It’s tough losing.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I never said they wasn't talented. They are.

I said they're on the same level until one of them leads their team to something and sets them apart.
“ same level “. WTH does that mean?

You think that if one of them wins a championship with their team that means one is a greater passer or more talented ?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I really don't care what you think.
That’s how you discount opposing criticism when your opinions are challenged. But what you think is either ridiculous or agenda driven.

Good thing you aren’t on the HOF committee. No gold jacket for you unless you’re on a championship team. Lol

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
That’s how you discount opposing criticism when your opinions are challenged. But what you think is either ridiculous or agenda driven.

Good thing you aren’t on the HOF committee. No gold jacket for you unless you’re on a championship team. Lol
I just don't care for your opinions and the way you go about expressing them like an emotional wreck when someone thinks differently.

You and a few others I just chose to just not even entertain with actual debates, because frankly, ya'll aren't worth it to me.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

Tell Brady his prime was in his late 20’s.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I just don't care for your opinions and the way you go about expressing them like an emotional wreck when someone thinks differently.

You and a few others I just chose to just not even entertain with actual debates, because frankly, ya'll aren't worth it to me.
Because it exposes your view. You’re entitled to think however you want. But you only equate greatness with winning championships. It’s ridiculous.

I guess you though Michael Jordon was just another guy until he started winning championships.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

Still spewing your Dak hate and getting schooled by the more football intelligent folks here.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Tell Brady his prime was in his late 20’s.
There’s always exceptions. Who plays into their mid 40’s .

I suppose you think Elway was at his peak in his final 2 seasons since that’s when he won his 2 Rings.

But didn’t Brady win 3 out of 4 in his prime? Just saying.

But most great athletes don’t get better with age or past their prime. They might have more success if they are on better teams.