CFZ We don't need to worry about coaching anymore

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I think it's safe to say that, as Cowboys fans, we don't need to worry about coaching anymore. There have been times after big games where I worry that we came out hot on one game, so it meant that we were in for a letdown in the next game. There have been times, as a result of a coach who clapped a lot, where I have felt that coaching was going to be an issue for us. Now, I think we are in a situation where coaching is not an issue anymore. I think it is a wonderful thing that we finally have a coaching staff who knows what they are doing.

This is important because every team has the best American Football players in the world. Only 1% of the population will ever even make it onto an NFL Roster. The biggest difference is usually the coaching. Sure, there are great players. However, you need a coaching staff that knows how to put the players in the best position to win. They have to understand what their players' skills are and the weaknesses of the opponent. They have to teach their players the nuances that separate one team from another. When we had Jason Garrett here, it was clear that we were deficient in that department. Now, it's a strength. Between Mike McCarthy, Quinn, Schottenheimer, Bones, and all the rest of our coaches, we clearly have a staff, through two games, who understand what they are doing and understand how to put the players in the best position to win.

As a result, I think the time has come to say that I trust our coaches. It doesn't mean we will be undefeated or that mistakes won't be made. But, what it does mean is that we have coaches that know what they are doing and, when mistakes and losses happen, I think we have coaches who know how to adjust and how to get the team to learn from the issues and improve. This is a huge reason why the Cowboys are as good as we are now.

If you doubt me, look at Kellen Moore. Kellen Moore was hyped as the next boy wonder. The next Sean McVay. Woe was us for sacking him. Right? He's 0-2 with the Chargers while Mike McCarthy is 2-0. Our offense hasn't turned the ball over yet. Our players that don't have the ball are following the ball carrier in case something happens. The ball is being distributed quickly and efficiently. The team isn't forcing the ball. The defence is ferocious. All down the line, you can see how different the team is. You can see how vastly different it is from when Garrett was here. You can see how different the offense is between when Moore was calling plays and now with MM calling plays.

All this is to say, thank you to our coaches. I'm glad that I don't have to worry about the coaching the Cowboys have. I hope we are able to keep this coaching staff around for a long time.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Nice post. :clap:

We've got a couple of grown men, with proven track records, leading the way. Big Mike and Quinn seem to work well together, and the boy wonder is no longer in the room.

Complimentary football - one unit doesn't put the other in a bad spot - has been on point these first two games. More, please.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Nice post. :clap:

We've got a couple of grown men, with proven track records, leading the way. Big Mike and Quinn seem to work well together, and the boy wonder is no longer in the room.

Complimentary football - one unit doesn't put the other in a bad spot - has been on point these first two games. More, please.

Exactly, we don't have coaches who are "learning on the job". Let them learn on the job in college. McCarthy and Quinn are showing why experience and expertise matters in coaching. Our coaches are experts in what they do. As a result, the Cowboys are 2-0.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I havent worried much about coaching since Garrett left

Kellen for all his errors knows offense ...im just not fond of his approach

McCarthy knows how to get the most out of his talent and can win with injuries

Exactly, and it's nice to see that from McCarthy. He knows how to adjust. I think that we look prepared. They're not flying by the seat of their pants. The team looks like they know what they're doing. It's refreshing.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
We still have 15 games to go and a lot can happen. If the Cowboys don’t go deep in the playoffs many fans will want a coaching change. Fans need to allow the season to play out before coming to conclusions. Great start to the season let’s see how it ends.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
We still have 15 games to go and a lot can happen. If the Cowboys don’t go deep in the playoffs many fans will want a coaching change.
I get that, but I think it's now down to the players. I don't think coaching is the problem with this team. The question is going to be if the players will execute their assignments. The plays are there to be made.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I get that, but I think it's now down to the players. I don't think coaching is the problem with this team. The question is going to be if the players will execute their assignments. The plays are there to be made.
If the players don’t perform to the level we expect in the playoffs the coach is going to get the blame. McCarthy has a lot on his plate this season being the play caller. We’re off to a great start let’s see how we end up. That’s going to determine McCarthy’s fate.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
I think it's safe to say that, as Cowboys fans, we don't need to worry about coaching anymore. There have been times after big games where I worry that we came out hot on one game, so it meant that we were in for a letdown in the next game. There have been times, as a result of a coach who clapped a lot, where I have felt that coaching was going to be an issue for us. Now, I think we are in a situation where coaching is not an issue anymore. I think it is a wonderful thing that we finally have a coaching staff who knows what they are doing.

This is important because every team has the best American Football players in the world. Only 1% of the population will ever even make it onto an NFL Roster. The biggest difference is usually the coaching. Sure, there are great players. However, you need a coaching staff that knows how to put the players in the best position to win. They have to understand what their players' skills are and the weaknesses of the opponent. They have to teach their players the nuances that separate one team from another. When we had Jason Garrett here, it was clear that we were deficient in that department. Now, it's a strength. Between Mike McCarthy, Quinn, Schottenheimer, Bones, and all the rest of our coaches, we clearly have a staff, through two games, who understand what they are doing and understand how to put the players in the best position to win.

As a result, I think the time has come to say that I trust our coaches. It doesn't mean we will be undefeated or that mistakes won't be made. But, what it does mean is that we have coaches that know what they are doing and, when mistakes and losses happen, I think we have coaches who know how to adjust and how to get the team to learn from the issues and improve. This is a huge reason why the Cowboys are as good as we are now.

If you doubt me, look at Kellen Moore. Kellen Moore was hyped as the next boy wonder. The next Sean McVay. Woe was us for sacking him. Right? He's 0-2 with the Chargers while Mike McCarthy is 2-0. Our offense hasn't turned the ball over yet. Our players that don't have the ball are following the ball carrier in case something happens. The ball is being distributed quickly and efficiently. The team isn't forcing the ball. The defence is ferocious. All down the line, you can see how different the team is. You can see how vastly different it is from when Garrett was here. You can see how different the offense is between when Moore was calling plays and now with MM calling plays.

All this is to say, thank you to our coaches. I'm glad that I don't have to worry about the coaching the Cowboys have. I hope we are able to keep this coaching staff around for a long time.
You are100% correct!!!!

Coaching Matters a lot! McCarthy and Quinn have called 2 really good games so far this year. I love MCCarthy’s offense. It is balanced and Dak is not holding onto the ball forever. At times McCArthy is scheming guys wide open. The screen to Dwaddle( spelling) with the FB blocking was just 1 example of a very well designed play.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I think it's safe to say that, as Cowboys fans, we don't need to worry about coaching anymore.
It’s far too early in the season to be saying that. Tap the brakes! Lol We still have a long way to go and it’s not how you start it’s how you finish. If we don’t finish well, a lot of the fans are going to want a coaching change. You may change your tune by then. Right now you’re living in the moment. We’re off to a terrific start, but I’m not going to get carried away with it.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
You are100% correct!!!!

Coaching Matters a lot! McCarthy and Quinn have called 2 really good games so far this year. I love MCCarthy’s offense. It is balanced and Dak is not holding onto the ball forever. At times McCArthy is scheming guys wide open. The screen to Dwaddle( spelling) with the FB blocking was just 1 example of a very well designed play.

Exactly, and he's making smart play calls when we need them.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I was hard on MM for the lying and the hiring of Nolan but he's a good coach. Anybody notice our penalty decrease? Gotta give him credit for that

I'm starting to think that he wasn't lying. We just had players who didn't have the mentality that he needed to execute what he wanted to do here. Now, he has the players with the mentality that he needs. He had to clean up a lot of the mess from Garrett, and he's done a fantastic job of it.

CowboysDrew

Reaction score
Very happy with the staff so far.

I'm also noticing that now that Mike has play calling duties he's not doing as many riverboat gambler calls that he got so much flak for.

Makes me wonder if they were really his decisions or was he letting Moore make those decisions on offense.

Mike owned them but maybe he was just trying to be more involved. I think calling the offense he's in his happy place.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
It’s far too early in the season to be saying that. Tap the brakes! Lol We still have a long way to go and it’s not how you start it’s how you finish. If we don’t finish well, a lot of the fans are going to want a coaching change. You may change your tune by then. Right now you’re living in the moment. We’re off to a terrific start, but I’m not going to get carried away with it.

I get that, but I think we are at a spot where I'm finding myself giving the coaches the benefit of the doubt. The plays are well designed. The players are open or are in positions to where the plays need to be made. At this point, I think it's down to the players to execute.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Very happy with the staff so far.

I'm also noticing that now that Mike has play calling duties he's not doing as many riverboat gambler calls that he got so much flak for.

Makes me wonder if they were really his decisions or was he letting Moore make those decisions on offense.

Mike owned them but maybe he was just trying to be more involved. I think calling the offense he's in his happy place.

I think it was Moore and a certain owner who wanted to look like a genius for sticking with Moore.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
IMG-0398.gif