We Got Beat By Madden

Dcz84

Reaction score
Plays, really we did. Went back and watched it again and found that of Bree's 26 completion's 17 were swing pass's. If Ware blitzed swing pass, if he dropped off throw deep same side which lead to 4 big completion's,3 TE flat completion's, 2 compltion's over the middle one which was a screen.No adjustment's on this they kept doing it over and over. Need a first down swing pass, need a another first down swing pass. Why for the love of did you not adjust, why.Any dumb..... could see wht they were doing . Now any half ... could make the adjustment and stop it.Really pretty simple. Should of brought in a 4th D-linemen and went to the 4-3, gee which give's ur outside lb's flat coverage and middle coverage if no back's came out.Our coach's didnt adjust to this and you could tell that no one on the defense was prepared for wht they saw. 17 swing pass's come on really.As for the offense, ur RB ripp's off a 77 yard run for a TD and u just stop running the ball. Gee wht the heck is that, bad coach's decision with the red flag,no challenge on Glenn's TD YES he did score, he dragged he's feet through the whole catch from the angle we all saw,why no measurement on the 4th down penalty, 3inches short with no measurement??Just one blunder after another from our coach's.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
Dcz84;1225272 said:
Plays, really we did. Went back and watched it again and found that of Bree's 26 completion's 17 were swing pass's.

More than that, out of his 38 pass ATTEMPTS, only five were thrown more than 11 yards downfield. A whopping 29 of them were thrown no more than 6 yards downfield (with nine of them being thrown to a player who was behind the line of scrimmage).

He finished with zero attempts thrown between 11 yards and 20 yards downfield, and he had only one attempt thrown between 11 yards and 32 yards downfield. By contrast, almost one-third of Romo's attempts this season have been thrown 11 to 30 yards downfield.

He also completed only FOUR passes thrown more than 6 yards downfield.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Apparently swing passes are too complicated for Parcells and his staff to figure out. He's only been coaching for 5 million years.

burmafrd

Reaction score
We were beaten in all phases of the game. Coaching, adjustments, playing.
Personally, I feel sometimes BP gets too cute- tries to outthink the other coach and when one knows you as well as Peyton does, thats not a good thing. We were running good in the first half and then quit it halfway through the second quarter- keep running the ball untill they stop you. Control the clock when your D is having a bad game. BP just did not get it done last night. And we will not even get into Zimmer. BUT lets face it- outside of JJ and Newman and a couple others like Ferguson, we played LOUSY.
And ROmo is now back to earth. This is his second straight game that he did not play well in- and THIS time no great 4th QTR.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Clove;1225297 said:
Apparently swing passes are too complicated for Parcells and his staff to figure out. He's only been coaching for 5 million years.
No....Parcells is scared to death to make his highly aid CBs play ball....therefore our safeties sit deep and short stuff is there all day.

Reaction score
bbailey423;1225304 said:
No....Parcells is scared to death to make his highly aid CBs play ball....therefore our safeties sit deep and short stuff is there all day.

Exactly.

The coaching staff is gutless and it trickles down to the players.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
It doesn't matter what type passes were thrown, they whipped our butts badly...if we were capable of winning games by throwing to our RB and FB in the flats, we'd do it too...maybe instead of taking sacks or throwing interceptions, we should throw to the back now and then, but it only works if your FB can get first downs and you have a RB who can take it to the house or make everyone watching think he will.

The Saints did what they've done all year....they've been passing to Bush all season long and then hitting their WR's for TD's when given the opportunity.

Bottom line: they were better than us...that's it...period...I hope we see them in the playoffs and give them a better game.

Eddie

Reaction score
The fans realized all the dink and dunk stuff all through the first half. I thought for certain, we'd adjust in the 2nd half.

Man, not even close. Brees dinked and dunked us for 199 yards in the first half alone. Pretty sad if you ask me.

Time to rebound. Saturday night is right around the corner.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Eddie- is that you? or an imposter? for someone who is usally hands down the most pessimistic poster around that one is just flat weird.

Eddie

Reaction score
burmafrd;1225376 said:
Eddie- is that you? or an imposter? for someone who is usally hands down the most pessimistic poster around that one is just flat weird.

Sigh, it's me.

I'm as disappointed as anyone. See what happens when I let my guard down? I get booted in the butt.

I've always tried to keep an even keel ... even if it sounds abit pessimistic, mainly to keep my hopes from soaring too high.

But as life crushes us, I allowed myself a bit of respite and started believing in the Super Bowl hype. NO brought us back to earth.

I think it's a good thing. But still disappointing. Esp with so much on the line, and all the talk about how we're the best team in the NFC.

I had a glimmer of hope last year also ... we were sitting 7-4 ready to take on the Giants for the division. We had our butts handed to us. The team disappeared soon after.

This year, I held my breath until the last moment. As soon as I was ready to sit back and enjoy, the Saints pounded us back to earth.

Anyway, I've learned a long time ago not to let football games dictate my mood. But then again, it's hard not to feel lousy after last night's game.

burmafrd

Reaction score
I actually kind of expected it to happen. Too many things came together- all the saints injuries, our big headedness, and so forth. And facing a coach who knows us SO well and was motivated up the wazoo to show his old coach that he can coach as well. You don't think that Payton has NOT been preparing for this game all year?

Bryan8284

Reaction score
Dink, dunk, dink, dunk.

We gave it, they took it.

I thought it was a boring way to play for them, but it worked, they won.

The coaches seemed to get frazzled, not the players.