We Have New Life in This Organization

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
-
Again, watch what they do and not what they say. He’s not signed for a reason. I suspect their plan is to play him this year on the franchise tag and see who is available next year. They could franchise him again next year too.

It takes two to tango. You just can’t set a precedent of signing a quarterback to a 3-year deal, which supposedly (none of us know) is the showstopper here. I suspect that Dak doesn’t want a deal, not until Mahomes signs.

Hopefully Dak won’t be foolish enough to skip camp. You can’t do a new deal after July 15 - he’s only be hurting himself by keeping himself out and losing valuable time with the new coaches and his new offensive weapon.

After Russell Wilson signed his contract (April 2019) the media asked Dak about it and Dak said (on camera) "I don't expect that much".

His agent obviously freaked and Dak quit commenting on his contract.

Now it appears they are close on the dollars but can't come to an agreement on the length of the contract.

Dak has made a total of 4M up to this point. The Franchise Tag is 31M and the contract offer was reported to be 33M per.

The Zeke situation was much different. Zeke had made about 20M at the time he held out of training camp. He was set to play 2019 at about 5M.

Summary of Dak and Zeke with regards to holding out:
- Dak: 4M career earnings. Pay for upcoming season, 31M (about 8x career earnings).
- Zeke: 20M career earnings. Pay for upcoming season, 5M (1/4th of career earnings).

Deadline for Franchise Tag players to sign a new contract: July 15th

Reaction score
LOL, I wouldn't refer to McCarthy and Nolan as "new life".

The coaching staff of the Dallas Cowboys just aged by about a combined century.

But it's all good.

While I do agree that you guys had a fantastic draft and offseason (minus the Dak drama)
I'm ambivalent on MCarthy, but down especially on Nolan (that guy has been awful every place he's been) as being a net positive. We'll see but I think you guys are putting way too much faith in Nolan's "aggressive" defense. The guy's defenses has been passive and blase everyplace he's been.
yeah I know, who cares what an enemy fan thinks, but he was our DC back when we had somewhat decent teams before the full Snyder effect took over, and he sucked. Lots of my family are Falcons fans and their defense was a disaster while he was there outside of one year.
Just a forewarning.. Can't wait for the battles this year.

Proof

Reaction score
While I do agree that you guys had a fantastic draft and offseason (minus the Dak drama)
I'm ambivalent on MCarthy, but down especially on Nolan (that guy has been awful every place he's been) as being a net positive. We'll see but I think you guys are putting way too much faith in Nolan's "aggressive" defense. The guy's defenses has been passive and blase everyplace he's been.
yeah I know, who cares what an enemy fan thinks, but he was our DC back when we had somewhat decent teams before the full Snyder effect took over, and he sucked. Lots of my family are Falcons fans and their defense was a disaster while he was there outside of one year.

Think some of that is mitigated by the hiring of George Edwards. Hoping so anyway.

Big_D

Reaction score
New Life and for the first time in a long time... hope!!!

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Only took them almost 24 years to realize how to build a team lol

plasticman

Reaction score
Nolan's dad was the Dallas Cowboys very first DC before he coached the 49ers to three consecutive playoffs, losing three consecutive times to the Cowboys.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Nolan has had good defenses when he had enough talent.

2003 and 2004 Ravens for example.

2012 Falcons: 5th in points allowed

2011 Dolphins 6th in points allowed

2010 Dolphins 6th in yards allowed

2009 Broncos 7th in yards allowed

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Again, watch what they do and not what they say. He’s not signed for a reason. I suspect their plan is to play him this year on the franchise tag and see who is available next year. They could franchise him again next year too.

It takes two to tango. You just can’t set a precedent of signing a quarterback to a 3-year deal, which supposedly (none of us know) is the showstopper here. I suspect that Dak doesn’t want a deal, not until Mahomes signs.

Hopefully Dak won’t be foolish enough to skip camp. You can’t do a new deal after July 15 - he’s only be hurting himself by keeping himself out and losing valuable time with the new coaches and his new offensive weapon.
3 year deal??? Where did that come from?

I heard Dak wants a 4 year deal. Jerry is offering a 5 year deal at a minimum. When did Dak demand a 3 year deal?

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
3 year deal??? Where did that come from?

I heard Dak wants a 4 year deal. Jerry is offering a 5 year deal at a minimum. When did Dak demand a 3 year deal?

You could be right. I've seen both reports. Can't trust anything anymore because no one knows what is really being offered and counteroffered.