We haven’t finished cleaning the filth from the Garrett era and it’s been on display this season

heir

Reaction score
Ok then the first 5 games this year we had furious second half comebacks! I even put on here it put the Garrett stuff to rest. We get blown out one game and then today after losing our starting QB and we are quitting? Unreal
I was responding to the tweets of Bob Sturm, to be honest. Not your posts. I am also not here to argue about Garrett or anything else. That does nothing. I get the frustration of the season but I wasn't coming at you man. Personally, I feel people throw out the "quit" term too often. I don't know if they quit today but they didn't necessarily fight today.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
I was responding to the tweets of Bob Sturm, to be honest. Not your posts. I am also not here to argue about Garrett or anything else. That does nothing. I get the frustration of the season but I wasn't coming at you man. Personally, I feel people throw out the "quit" term too often. I don't know if they quit today but they didn't necessarily fight today.

I didn’t think you were coming at me at all. Just explaining. I feel like as fans we’ve kind of lost our collective minds on what’s happening. My opinion is this has been set up a long time. I don’t think it’s quit. We just aren’t good and haven’t been for awhile

heir

Reaction score
I didn’t think you were coming at me at all. Just explaining. I feel like as fans we’ve kind of lost our collective minds on what’s happening. My opinion is this has been set up a long time. I don’t think it’s quit. We just aren’t good and haven’t been for awhile
I feel you man! Unfortunately, I don't see it changing any time soon. It starts at the top and we all know it won't be different with Jerry.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Same thing was said after Wade was fired. 10 years later, rinse and repeat.
And it will be true after MM gets fired too.

The "stink" of a bad coach always lingers. It's not like a new head coach changes the culture - which includes getting some of his guys - in one offseason. Especially one like this.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
I feel you man! Unfortunately, I don't see it changing any time soon. It starts at the top and we all know it won't be different with Jerry.

Right. Always starts with them and I agree with @Idgit that they are the main significant issue. I also think part of the issue is they don’t hire the right people for the job and that goes on them an coaches. Overall we have a never ending issue because they aren’t comfortable with out of the box coaches. McCarthy is not “family” so I think players have no respect: We are screwed until they give control with a coach with experience and control

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Cleaning out the rest of the Garrett era filth is no longer enough. The new regime is now infected with Garrett filth as well. It all needs to go.

Sure feels that way....I don't know how you keep anything...really....but we will. :(

Repackage it....sell it....profit from it. It's been the Jerry way for over 30 years now.

Question is how will Jerry do it this time? How many more puppet coaches does he have in his closet?

Lutonio

Reaction score
Man, I really don’t think so. Garrett wasn’t the answer, and he needed to be gone after 13 years of having his fingerprints on the team.

But he was nowhere near this bad, ever. Nobody should feel good about putting up with McCarthy for three years before the Jones family finally pulls the trigger.

MikeB80

Reaction score
Jerry messed up the coaching search process. He had no intention of speaking to any kind of strong minded HC. How can Jerry fix something he likes? Jerry still doesn't want a real HC.

as he said about Parcells

"I dont want to be walking around on Eggshells"

then he and wade proceeded to laugh about Parcells in Wades hiring pc.

Then wade wrote a book and cried about how Jerry was unfair to him.

Aven8

Reaction score
Man, I really don’t think so. Garrett wasn’t the answer, and he needed to be gone after 13 years of having his fingerprints on the team.

But he was nowhere near this bad, ever. Nobody should feel good about putting up with McCarthy for three years before the Jones family finally pulls the trigger.

How bout that 2015 season that landed us Zeke and Dak? Remember when Romo went down it was season over as our backup QB’s couldn’t do anything? Very familiar wasn’t it?

Lutonio

Reaction score
How bout that 2015 season that landed us Zeke and Dak? Remember when Romo went down it was season over as our backup QB’s couldn’t do anything? Very familiar wasn’t it?
That thought had crossed my mind. The difference is I felt hopeless this year BEFORE Prescott even went down.

Skillit

Reaction score
I knew JJ was a fraud from the day he bought the team, but back then, he could buy players too—so we won.

Salary cap era begins and he keeps trying to pull off big trades and pull diamonds from the rough to show everyone how smart he is....wasting draft picks and cap space.

Then his son steps in and drafting becomes more collaborative—we do start drafting better players and there was reason for optimism.

This run with Dak has given us reason for optimism. I don’t think he’s top 5—but he’s no worse than 10. You can win with that.
We have / had a good line (injuries)
We have/ had good rbs (now no O line)
We have / had good WRs(see above)
We have/ had a decent core of young LBs
We were deep at corner
We had a real pass rusher

All the elements to be competitive were there. I didn’t say elite—I just said competitive.

I never understood how a rotten culture and a pathetic leader like JJ could really effect the play on the field even when there are enough good players.

I know now.