We know Wade and Stewart need to go

burmafrd

Reaction score
That is pretty much understood by everyone by now.
Read - talk about not even debateable.

BUT I am now throwing out another name.

Houck.

How could a line that performed so well for so long last year stink up the place like it is now?

The Hotel is injured and playing badly yet we do not even TRY anyone else.

Same with Proctor. Maybe a guy does not look so good in practice- SO WHAT when your starter is stinking up the place. Give the guy a try and find out for certain.

irvin88

Reaction score
burmafrd;2393991 said:

Houck.

How could a line that performed so well for so long last year stink up the place like it is now?

Same with Proctor. Maybe a guy does not look so good in practice- SO WHAT when your starter is stinking up the place. Give the guy a try and find out for certain.

Throw in Campo.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
our offensive line isnt getting it done, but flozell isn't what we thought he was (thanks denny green). proctor sucks. With Gurode there is no accountability. Columbo is slipping. Davis isn't doing much either... O line lost heart after they got paid.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Its gonna be a blood bath at valley ranch if things aren't fixed soon.

Jerry will go on the warpath, believe it.

notherbob

Reaction score
Again I ask the serious question - What coach worth having would work for Jerry Jones and look mlike a doormat. Jerry is the unquestioned head coach of this team and Cupcake is purely the chief assistant coach and resident wuss.

That's Jerry's problem to solve and he's not going to solve it. He would rather run his team and be the laughing stock of the league than hire a football man who wins because he's afraid he won't get the credit for it and he's right. This team's problems land squarely at his feet. He can blame his problems on his puppet coaches all he wants to but he, as GM, is the problem.

It's his team and he can screw it up any way he wants to...just like he has ever since he ran Jimmy off.

Rockytop6

Reaction score
burmafrd;2394756 said:
I was one who welcomed Houck. Now I wonder.

Jenkins needs to be benched and have the mascot play in his place - that is if the mascot will at least stick his hand out to try and slow down a runner.

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
notherbob;2394809 said:
Again I ask the serious question - What coach worth having would work for Jerry Jones and look mlike a doormat. Jerry is the unquestioned head coach of this team and Cupcake is purely the chief assistant coach and resident wuss.

That's Jerry's problem to solve and he's not going to solve it. He would rather run his team and be the laughing stock of the league than hire a football man who wins because he's afraid he won't get the credit for it and he's right. This team's problems land squarely at his feet. He can blame his problems on his puppet coaches all he wants to but he, as GM, is the problem.

It's his team and he can screw it up any way he wants to...just like he has ever since he ran Jimmy off.

It was only three years ago that Parcells -- one of the most ego-driven, hardest-to-work-with coaches going -- had just completed his fourth year under Jerry.

This is also an immensely talented team with the most difficult positions to find -- quarterback -- unquestionably filled.

I dislike a lot of Jerry's philosophical approaches and am not convinced he will unload this staff for a well-suited replacement. But with that disclaimer out of the way, I think you're kidding yourself if you think being Head Coach of the Dallas Cowboys is not a desirable job to 95 percent of the candidates worthy of the position.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
RainMan;2394942 said:
It was only three years ago that Parcells -- one of the most ego-driven, hardest-to-work-with coaches going -- had just completed his fourth year under Jerry.

This is also an immensely talented team with the most difficult positions to find -- quarterback -- unquestionably filled.

I dislike a lot of Jerry's philosophical approaches and am not convinced he will unload this staff for a well-suited replacement. But with that disclaimer out of the way, I think you're kidding yourself if you think being Head Coach of the Dallas Cowboys is not a desirable job to 95 percent of the candidates worthy of the position.

Steve Spagnuolo with all the power to hire and fire his own staff please!!!! I'll live with Cowher but that means we stick with the 3-4 and boy o boy would we need a new NT and 2 new DE's. Ratliff would be 1 of our starting DE's but at most Spears or Canty are backups if a starter like Ratliff would go down so at least 1 more starting DE.

Tank isn't worth resigning. Can draft the NT or DE wit out 2nd and look to FA hopefully. Doubt any good upfront 3-4 personnel with be on the FA market. Go 4-3 and we can go after Haynesworth and have Ratliff play beside him and Ware the DE. Spencer can play the other DE spot or keep ole man Ellis for more year if we have to.

Reaction score
burmafrd;2393991 said:

Houck.

Should have put the franchise tag on Sparano.....

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Lets just throw everyone out and promote the Dallas Desperados to Dallas Cowboys. :laugh2:

thundercowboy

Reaction score
I'm going to disagree with you on letting Garrett go.

He'll be fine. It takes time. Took Landry ten years to get a SB.

Wade is good on defense. Make him defensive coordinator, give Garrett the head coach spot.

I think it's more the players fault than the coaches.
I also wonder about this MFL-Mafia Football League.
With all the money that's bet on the teams, there's got to be influence.

Romo should have been playing this week. He should have toughed it out.

The players know he's the quarterback.

Brad Johnson was great in his day, but he's toast now.

Bollinger wasn't all that bad.

Garrett should know when Barber is having a tough time of it to switch up and utilize the backup runningback. Tashard Choice is a very good back from what I've seen. Give him some playing time if Felix JOnes can't go.

:starspin

burmafrd

Reaction score
Who would actually think Wade would stay on after being demoted and publicly humiliated that way?