We lose Another game...we are done!

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Any one else tired of hearing " we are still mathematically in it"?
I want to hear we are in it because we are sitting on top for a change.

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
The NFL could suspend the Vikings' defensive tackles if the courts favor the NFL. The Falcons go there. If those two guys don't play, the Falcons will run all over them. The Falcons play the Rams.

Chris Samuels is out for the year. The Eagles go there, and the Commanders played a center at LT last night after he got hurt. Their RT is hurt. It will be worse than Torrin Tucker and our former 6th round pick against the Eagles. We have to hope the Commanders' defense wins the game. They will need some help from the offense.

We could get in at 10-6, but the Cowboys have to beat the Eagles on the road. One more turn over fest on the road and its over. They need to win the two division games for sure.

A win at Pittsburgh probably would have just about killed the Eagles and made that game null and void if the Cowboys put two wins together (Pitt and NY.)

If the Cowboys are going to make the playoffs, Tony Romo is going to have to win some games. I expect some what of a let down for the defense this week. You can't expect that performance every single week. I'd say the Cowboys need 24 points on Sunday night. The defense has to be emotionaly down after dominating that game. If Romo plays like he did yesterday, the Cowboys are done.

I just don't understand why Garrett and Romo can't understand the concept of not losing the game, especially a defensive slugfest. You don't win them by throwing fades for picks and 30 yard bombs on 4th and 2. Give me the two dang yards and three points. Plus, a 13-13 tie on the road against the #1 defense in the NFL and in the 5 degree wind chill and strong winds isn't a bad thing. Just try to get 10 yards and punt and give your defense a chance to get the game into over time. Don't throw the game away at the 1:42 mark.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2474862 said:
Any one else tired of hearing " we are still mathematically in it"?
I want to hear we are in it because we are sitting on top for a change.

What do you mean, for a change? Because...

a) We are currently in sixth place -- we control our own destiny.

b) We were "on top" last year -- yes, it was nice until, you know, we actually played a game.

Quite honestly, I'll take any playoff spot we get this year and take our chances -- one thing we won't be is TOO well rested.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
cowboys2233;2474922 said:
What do you mean, for a change? Because...

a) We are currently in sixth place -- we control our own destiny.

We do to a point. One loss we need help no?

b) We were "on top" last year -- yes, it was nice until, you know, we actually played a game.

True

Quite honestly, I'll take any playoff spot we get this year and take our chances -- one thing we won't be is TOO well rested.

I will also, I just don't see it.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
just an opinion but i dont think this team will win another game this reg. season. Give aways like yesterday will linger for some time.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
cowboyblue22;2475128 said:
just an opinion but i dont think this team will win another game this reg. season. Give aways like yesterday will linger for some time.

Almost two months of posting, and not a single positive post yet.

And it's funny how your last post before this one came the day after our last loss before this one -- more than a month ago.

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
Idgit;2474921 said:
Yah think?

I do think Tony Romo can bounce back and get us to the playoffs. He can beat the Giants and Eagles. He has to stay aggressive and make plays while protecting the football.

I worry about Proctor. Do you think Haloti Nagata will test him. Run for your life, Tony.

Also, 10 wins might do it. It is not out of the question.

There is still hope. Tony Romo is too good of a player to play as poor as he did yesterday, and Jason Garrett needs to protect him better with the play calling at times. We had guys open all day, and he didn't see them. He can bounce back.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Pretty sure if we beat Balt and Philly we'll make it. Or NY and Philly. Really just beat Philly and one of the other 2 and the odds are good.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Let's see, right now if the season ended, we're in the playoffs, but if we lose one more to go 10-6, we're out? even if we lose to the Giants and then beat Baltimore and Philly?

I don't think so...not unless we think Atlanta is going to finish 3-0.

If we finish 10-6, we're in the playoffs unless both wild cards come from the South, which means Atlanta has to finish undefeated as well, I think.

If we win out at this point, we're automatically in no matter what.

That said, I actually think our defense continues to stop the run and pressure the QB, holding NY to 20 or fewer this week. All we need is for Romo to return to form, and we'll have a nice win over NY.

yimyammer

Reaction score
wayne motley;2475341 said:
Let's see, right now if the season ended, we're in the playoffs, but if we lose one more to go 10-6, we're out? even if we lose to the Giants and then beat Baltimore and Philly?

I don't think so...not unless we think Atlanta is going to finish 3-0.

If we finish 10-6, we're in the playoffs unless both wild cards come from the South, which means Atlanta has to finish undefeated as well, I think.

If we win out at this point, we're automatically in no matter what.

That said, I actually think our defense continues to stop the run and pressure the QB, holding NY to 20 or fewer this week. All we need is for Romo to return to form, and we'll have a nice win over NY.

Not if the Eagles finish 10-5-1, that tie pushes them in and us out