We lost a divisional road game

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
The30YardSlant;3556937 said:
We'll also probably win 10 games or so, make the playoffs, then get steamrolled in the wild card or divisional round because of...penalties, playcalling and a lack of fire and drive in our players. It's like clockwork at this point.

Thus is the crux of having a talented team and a poor coaching staff. Always good, never great.

Is that what you predicted last year?

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
The30YardSlant;3556956 said:
At the start of last year, I predicted 10-6 and one playoff win

I predicted 11-5 and a loss in the second round of the playoffs.

So once again .... the difference in what a "homer" thinks and what a "chicken little" thinks is minuscule.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
zrinkill;3556968 said:
I predicted 11-5 and a loss in the second round of the playoffs.

So once again .... the difference in what a "homer" thinks and what a "chicken little" thinks is minuscule.

Our reasoning is different, though

I'm sure you thought we'd lose to a better team

I thought we'd lose because of...penalties, playcalling and a lack of fire

The Minnesota game was a fantastically awful mixture of both. I have no doubt a good coach would have given Dalas a chance to win that game, though

Reaction score
So we lost not because we played a better team, but because we made costly mistakes? Guess what, that's how it happens every time a more talented team loses to a less talented team, yet it happens every single year and to almost every single team.

Do you think the Chiefs are better than the Chargers? Seahawks better than the Niners? Both those teams won yesterday. I don't see anybody pronouncing SD dead in the water yet.

You rarely ever lose games in the NFL when you play a solid fundamental game without mistakes. Especially when you're a talented team. Every loss we have this year will be because we made more mistakes than the other team. And we're going to win some games against playoff teams this regular season because we force them to make more mistakes or they commit penalties. It's just the way of the NFL.

Besides that, all rules go out the window when you play a division rival. We're going to lose at least one more game this year we feel we should have won, and we're going to win some that we should have lost. We're still going to win the NFC East.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
The30YardSlant;3556849 said:
Again, it's not that we lost, it's how we lost

If we had lost because Washington was just better, ok

If we had lost because Romo was hurt, ok

I we had lost because of a fluke, ok

The issue is that we lost this game the EXACT same way we've lost the other 18 in Wade and Garrett's time here. A very talented team that looks unprepared and plays undisciplined, uninspired and is derailed by piss poor playcalling.
You need to learn the meaning of the word exact.