We lost our jumbo FB

ThatJerryKid

cowboys31
Reaction score
Nobody is really talking about it amongst the Tyron injury but I was really looking forward to having McGovern at FB in the jumbo package behind Tyler Smith at LG but now McGovern is stuck playing LG.

Reactions: BAT

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Nobody is really talking about it amongst the Tyron injury but I was really looking forward to having McGovern at FB in the jumbo package behind Tyler Smith at LG but now McGovern is stuck playing LG.
I don’t think anyone is talking about it because I don’t think it’s really going to hurt this offense if McGovern plays FB. It was like when they had Lewis at RB….probably was only temporary anyway.

glimmerman

Reaction score
McGovern couldn’t beat our Williams for guard last year.Tyler was a upgrade at guard and a down grade (Probly) at tackle. We just got really weak in that side.

Reactions: BAT

starfan1

Reaction score
if you listen to big Mike he was saying that mcgovern was going to be the starter prior to the tyron injury and they still going to use him as FB occassionally

exciter

Reaction score
Because Farniok can’t play that gimmick role!

tm1119

Reaction score
Blocking in space is really hard and MCGovern is much better at FB than guard
Try ball at guard, he’s not ready to play tackle

Wait, so put a borderline non-nfl player as the starting G, a position he’s never played, so we can have a FB for 4 plays a game? This might be 1 of the worst takes I’ve ever seen on this board. And that’s saying A LOT

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Find another big body to learn 1 play.

Exactly. I get that not everyone does the same thing equally well but how hard can it be to find someone who line up 3 yards behind the LOS and plow forward on a designated path.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Over 700 plays last year and here we are talking about a set that was only ran probably 20 times.

I'm glad that such a thing has made a big impact on people's psyche. Because a couple of successful jet sweeps with Turpin will open up holes for Zeke.

Small things leave big impression sometimes.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
if you listen to big Mike he was saying that mcgovern was going to be the starter prior to the tyron injury and they still going to use him as FB occassionally

Bingo. It doesn't preclude you from having him be the FB on a few plays while someone else mans the G position.

conner01

Reaction score
Wait, so put a borderline non-nfl player as the starting G, a position he’s never played, so we can have a FB for 4 plays a game? This might be 1 of the worst takes I’ve ever seen on this board. And that’s saying A LOT
He played guard in college
He’s played well at center
MCGovern we already know is not a very good guard
I didn’t say bend him starter, but start getting him reps there and see. He’s definitely better at center than MCGovern so why not look at him at guard?

tm1119

Reaction score
He played guard in college
He’s played well at center
MCGovern we already know is not a very good guard
I didn’t say bend him starter, but start getting him reps there and see. He’s definitely better at center than MCGovern so why not look at him at guard?

Are we talking about Josh Ball?? He didn’t play G in college and certainly hasn’t played C. He’s 6’8, not even sure how possible it would be for a guy that tall to play C.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Are we talking about Josh Ball?? He didn’t play G in college and certainly hasn’t played C. He’s 6’8, not even sure how possible it would be for a guy that tall to play C.
He’s talking about Farniok, who played all 3 at Nebraska. I guess he is, anyway: