We MUST go back to last years approach on offense

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
We are going to go back to throwing the ball to get a lead. Then letting Barber finish the game. With all the injuries we have on offense, this might be the better approach. I was all for being more balanced over 4 quarters. But I really am afraid Barber's legs will be pudding if we continue at this pace. We gave up a boatload for Roy Williams. We paid Owens a TON of money this past offseason. Crayton now is back to being used at what he does best. Romo should be rested and refreshed. I think teams are going load the box and try to beat Marion up. He did it against Washington...but if he has to do that for the next 6 games I cannot imagine him having anyting left come playoff time. What do you guys think?

zeroburrito

Reaction score
we are a passing team. the players we have are obviously catered to a passing offense. we will need to get back to what we were doing last year. i hope last weeks dreadful offense was just because of romo's still injured hand.

dallas_112678

Reaction score
bbailey423;2431827 said:
We are going to go back to throwing the ball to get a lead. Then letting Barber finish the game. With all the injuries we have on offense, this might be the better approach. I was all for being more balanced over 4 quarters. But I really am afraid Barber's legs will be pudding if we continue at this pace. We gave up a boatload for Roy Williams. We paid Owens a TON of money this past offseason. Crayton now is back to being used at what he does best. Romo should be rested and refreshed. I think teams are going load the box and try to beat Marion up. He did it against Washington...but if he has to do that for the next 6 games I cannot imagine him having anyting left come playoff time. What do you guys think?

We have to be balanced, Romo is still playing with the splint so hes not 100% still. If we come out throwing and get off the field fast then our defense will be on it so much that they get tired. If we are balanced then teams wont be loading up the up the box because we do have that passing threat, but we need that running game to open up the passing game even more. So stay balanced, thats what we have to do.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
dallas_112678;2431840 said:
We have to be balanced, Romo is still playing with the splint so hes not 100% still. If we come out throwing and get off the field fast then our defense will be on it so much that they get tired. If we are balanced then teams wont be loading up the up the box because we do have that passing threat, but we need that running game to open up the passing game even more. So stay balanced, thats what we have to do.
that is what we have TRIED to be this year...and with only ONE RB on the team with any experience...I am suggesting we need to lean on our passing weapons to get a lead...and lean on the running game to close games. I wanted us to be balanced for 4 quarters this year....but Felix is gone...Choice gets no burn..and I am afraid Barber is going to run out of gas. Time to let all of these receiving threats earn there money.

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
The Cowboys need to stick to the Washington philosophy. They could have busted 30 easily in that game. They had an opportunity to do it.

Run Marion Barber. He is your life.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
41gy#;2431852 said:
The Cowboys need to stick to the Washington philosophy. They could have busted 30 easily in that game. They had an opportunity to do it.

Run Marion Barber. He is your life.
throwing the ball to TO and RW 3 times each is a recipe for disaster is so many ways. We are NOT the Pittsuburgh Steelers. We will NOT become them overnight. It works for them. It has NEVER been who we are. We see them in a couple of weeks. Will be interesting to see who forces their will on the other. Steelers are comfortable winning 11-10. We are not. We rarley fight for 60 mins. Because when our offense is balling we don't have too.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
I agree we need to use our weapons in the passing game and try not to run Marion into the ground.

Swolt

Reaction score
Honestly, we need to keep winning to stay in this playoff picture and if we do so with Tony a little banged up i'm going to look forward to seeing Tony 100% which in time will let our offense get back into shape. I think we have a bright future fellas'

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
Possibly teams have figured out Garretts tendencies, so going back to last year would result in negative outcomes.

We need to adjust and take what the defense gives us. It would be stupid to keep banging your head against the wall.

Just because last year's offense was sexier, does not mean it is the best thing to do. We need to do what works, whatever that may be.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Go long ever other play? That's already been figured out...

Hypnotoad

Reaction score
I dont know why we got it in our minds that we should be balanced. Last year we passed passed passed and then ran in the 4th. It made our rush;pass ratio seem more balanced than what it actually was in the game.

It was hard to pass it last week with romos finger and the wind. Would really like to see a huge offensive performance again this year. These next 2 teams require that. We must score, and score fast to beat these quickly. We can't let them keep in the game.

CowboysxSwagger

Reaction score
I can see where your coming from bailey.
Yeah i think we should go to the pass game to definately get the lead and let barber finish out the game like he did against the Commanders
We will have to get back to our passing game either way,before romo got hurt we had T.O,Witten,Crayton scoring alot from the passing game
And then we had Barber to finish out the games

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I'm wondering how that draw play is going to work against Patrick Willis. Maybe it's the best as he'll overrun. Maybe not. Pretty soon teams are going to figure out how to stop that.

One reason it may not be very easy is MB has an unusual move that makes him one of the better RBs in the league. And he's getting better at it I think. He doesn't run laterally as much as some but that sideways jump move of his seems to be effortless. His leg strength must be way off the charts even for an NFL player. He doesn't take a lot of huge hits. He delivers them. I do wonder when they may get after him with that straightarm. He's throwing punches out there.