We need 2 more good running backs

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Y’all watching these other games / teams? All have several good young rb. We got old man zeke and pollard. Need draft 1 in 3rd or 4th round.
No, we need it offensive lineman Tight ends, that can block.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Running back is the least of the Cowboys problems. Take care of that offensive Offensive line.

Hardline

Reaction score
I don't care what anyone thinks about drafting RBs
This team has never been successful without an elite top tier RB drafted in the first round.
Drafting late round RBs don't work for this team. DeMarco Murray may be the only exception.
Depending on what RB is on the board will determine if I use a 1st round pick on.
I would take Bjian Robinson from Texas in the first round and know hes the best RB in the league the second hes drafted.

1972COWBOY

Reaction score
Zeeke is too popular and has been in too much fanfare. He is a big target for other teams and they will go the extra length to stop him and his antics. We need a good running back that isn't full of fanfare and always in the spotlight for stupid things.

In other words, the culture of the team needs to change from Circus Side Show Aristocracy to True Grit.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
Y’all watching these other games / teams? All have several good young rb. We got old man zeke and pollard. Need draft 1 in 3rd or 4th round.
Not that I disagree with you...but you have to understand the MINDSET of the front office. In their mind...with the cap dollars allocated to Zeke...the RB position cannot get any more of the cap dollars. It was a STUPID stance to take. They were NEVER comfortable with Zeke "forcing" their hand to re-negotiate...but because he did...they begrudgingly said "fine Zeke, for that amount of money, you will be the running game". Instead of doing what was necessary to win football games and complimenting Zeke with another RB that was a change of pace and could carry it 8 - 10 times a game...they were playing games based on ego, money and revenge. Don't be fooled into thinking this level of pettiness does not exist. If you think this does not happen...you have not been watching the Jones boys closely enough. Exhibit #1: Running Zeke out there on basically on 1 leg for weeks and Jerry PRETENDING to be oblivious to a clearly hobbled Zeke...in fact when asked about Zeks health...he said the following: "Zeke is getting healthier and healthier and I EXPECT Zeke to carry a heavy load". If you listen...he is telling you EXACTLY how he thinks! Even playing Zeke in week 18 against the Eagles backups was STUPID. But I can promise you...the coaches were not ALLOWED to bench Zeke. Pay attention.

The REAL problem has and will always be staying in bed with Jason Garret too long. He offered NOTHING to this offense. His position was give me a bunch of 1st round OL and give me a top 5 RB...and I will run Zeke on 1st...run Zeke on 2nd...and ask him to block on 3rd down. It beat EVERYBODY up and Zeke was SMART not to let them do him like they did DeMarco Murray. There was nothing strategic about the Jason Garrett era...he simply wanted to make the game a tough man contest. That era is a bygone era and we are still suffering the fall out from hanging on to Garrett too long.

Last thing...Joe Gibbs...another head coach from a bygone era tried to the same thing with Clinton Portis. He tried to make him John Riggins...so he traded for him...paid him a bunch of money and a once great young RB was asked to bang in between the tackles over and over and over again,..and Portis became a plodding journeyman. You would think a smart football front office would have paid attention to what happened in Washington in Joe Gibbs 2nd stint...and learned from it....but not us. Why? Because the Jones boys are not REAL football men.

Last edited:

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Need more speedy, elusive guys like Pollard. Guys that can shed tackles in the open field and make people miss.

Been saying that for years, you know the guys we play against and can't stop!! Can't beat them join them

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Zeeke is too popular and has been in too much fanfare. He is a big target for other teams and they will go the extra length to stop him and his antics. We need a good running back that isn't full of fanfare and always in the spotlight for stupid things.

In other words, the culture of the team needs to change from Circus Side Show Aristocracy to True Grit.

Give me Clements and pollard