We need a special QB like Rodgers

3rdEyewarrior

Reaction score
yup that lack of talent on the 2014 team was legendary Dak couldn't do anything with that kind of talent.....
2014. When else? Dak had 2014 take t his whole career. Do
O too over in 2006 mostly because the kids e couldn’t block for Bledsoe a d Romo could scramble. Yeah they had t o a d Glenn but the line was so bad, written stsyed in and blocked most of the time. He
Is numbers would be even greater with a better line. Romo was able to handle one free man his whole career. That allowed us to actually start using our weapons. Then In 07, ware reached his prime. We were able to make the playoffs. The next year we missed the playoffs because of a bad line and defense overall. Then we got miles Austin in 09. But again the line was bad and Romo kept taking hits and kitna took over. We had dez in 2010 but no qb. It wasn’t until Romo got broke up in 2010 that we took the line seriously. We drafted tyron In 2011. He was t a pro bowler right away and Romo kept taking hits. Then in 2913, we got Travis in 2013. That gave us a little life but again only two studs on the line. The. In 2014, we paired Tyron with Federico and Martin. That took us to another level and turned Murray into a all pro. By the. Romo had the body of a 40 old because of hits and got hurt in 15. Then in 2016, we drafted Zeke but romos body was done. He never got to fully utilize real talent until 2014. That’s one season. Dak came in the league with weapons meant t for Romo but it was too little too late. Dak inherited prime dez, to go with Zeke and an elite line. But dez was the type of receiver that dies t get 19 yards of separation tbe way Irvin was a d needed a accurate q b. Daks not accurate so dez liked like a shell of himself a d fit cut. The. We traded for a fast 4.42 running w r who runs great routes. But Dak still is t accurate a d processes slow.

Last edited:

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Special:

Rodgers
Brady
Ben (in his prime)
Mahomes

Allen (probably)
Burrow (probably)
Herbert (probably)
Lawrence (maybe)

at one point Russ Wilson was probably here, I don’t know where he’s currently at.

thats 25% if you include all of the above, less if you include the probable/maybes.

Special is tough to locate, abs tougher if you generally don’t know what you are doing for 25+ years.
Brady being the only 6th round pick.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
2014. When else? Dak had 2014 take t his whole career. Do
O too over in 2006 mostly because the kids e couldn’t block for Bledsoe a d Romo could scramble. Yeah they had t o a d Glenn but the line was so bad, written stsyed in and blocked most of the time. He
Is numbers would be even greater with a better line. Romo was able to handle one free man his whole career. That allowed us to actually start using our weapons. Then In 07, ware reached his prime. We were able to make the playoffs. The ne t year

If you say so

3rdEyewarrior

Reaction score
We need a special q b like rodgers

Been watching football over 50 years and he is easily one of the most talented I have seen. His ball placement is second to none and he does it effortlessly. 30 and 40 yard passes are so accurate and only where his receiver can get them, that they are more like 30 and 40 yard hand offs. That said like someone said earlier, generational talents only come once a generation.
I’ll take 80% of Rodgers with this talent. Dak is 40%

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
24 other teams do t have cooper, lamb and Gallup which means you do t need Rodgers. A Russell Wilson, or drew Bree’s would win you a chip.

The team beat us had 1 WR you know and a QB who played worse than ours..yet here we are wtih no chip....go figure.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Why does Dallas need a quarterback like Wodgers when the Bengals, Titans, Egals, 49ers & Rams don't? Asking for a friend!

cowboyec

Reaction score
We’ll Rodgers has t had a lot of talent. His top receivers do t have deep speed. He’s never had an elite te. Give him an elite receiver with speed or a top 5 defense for a decade straight like Brady had.
he's 0-4 in nfc title games since mccarthy got him his only ring.
give me a QB like tom brady.

Bigdog

Reaction score
Those are hard to come by but I think people forget how bad he was in his rookie year. He dropped in the draft because they thought he system qb from Cal. His preseason games he couldn’t hit the broadside of a barn if he was standing next to it. He was awful but he has improved. Terry Bradshaw just said it: No one has come up to me and asked how many yards I thrown or TDS. They asked how many SB I won. That is all that matter for any player in the NFL.

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
That’s why we haven’t won. Rodgers has no weaknesses. He has a cannon. Daks arm is average. He’s very accurate. Dak can be accurate at times. He reads defenses well and organized ceases fast. Dak Dak reads defenses good sometimes. He’s never processed fast. He thrives with simple reads which is why he’s better when Zeke is killing it. Finally, no skill set matters if they qb is conservative. Rodgers believes in his arm and will go deep. Plus he only number one to ever have deep speed was Jennings. He only had a prime Jennings for maybe two years.

imagine if an elite q b had our weapons. They’d three peat. Dak has crazy weapons and still hasn’t
sniffed a Super Bowl or even a regular season mvp.
Cowboys family, this is why we have t won consistently on the playoffs. It could be done with Dak if a d only if we have pre salary cap type of talent on both sides of the ball. We could load up if Dak was paid based on his skill level. Instead he gets 40 million. He needs to make 25-30 max if he wa ts a super bowl. Thoughts?

Every team in the NFL could say this. I would say this is the equivalent of saying "We need oxygen to breath".

Wangchung83

Reaction score
Boy he sure is swell, ain't he! I'm sure he'll be weirded out by your Valentine card to him. :D

He's 11-9 in the postseason. In my eyes, if he doesn't win it this year, he'll go down as one of the biggest playoff chokers of all time. All those gaudy stats and only one SB win to show for it.

He's considered a generational QB. If he never wins another one, and if Dak get's on, Dak has gaudy stats too, where does that put Dak?
Well Daks not winning one..first of all he has twice as much talent and still can’t win. Second Rodgers won the sb, then became overpaid, and has to rely on mediocre role players for taking so much money. Rodgers could be like Brady however Brady took a lot of paycuts to get all his rings and everyone knows that. Point being until Dak can get to nfc championship then comparison with Rodgers is just ridiculous.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
That’s why we haven’t won. Rodgers has no weaknesses. He has a cannon. Daks arm is average. He’s very accurate. Dak can be accurate at times. He reads defenses well and organized ceases fast. Dak Dak reads defenses good sometimes. He’s never processed fast. He thrives with simple reads which is why he’s better when Zeke is killing it. Finally, no skill set matters if they qb is conservative. Rodgers believes in his arm and will go deep. Plus he only number one to ever have deep speed was Jennings. He only had a prime Jennings for maybe two years.

imagine if an elite q b had our weapons. They’d three peat. Dak has crazy weapons and still hasn’t
Cowboys family, this is why we have t won consistently on the playoffs. It could be done with Dak if a d only if we have pre salary cap type of talent on both sides of the ball. We could load up if Dak was paid based on his skill level. Instead he gets 40 million. He needs to make 25-30 max if he wa ts a super bowl. Thoughts?

Imagine if we had the Bears 46 defense or Ray Lewis Ravens defense? Then Imagine we had Belichick and Brady at their best.:facepalm:

khiladi

Reaction score
Herbert would have been the SB MVP this year, with this roster..

Man, do you see how that man works through his progressions and fires rockets into tight areas?
Mr. Always looks Sad Amari would actually be seen smiling and giddy every Sunday..

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

You mean the guy that could only score 10 today?

khiladi

Reaction score
if I could change one thing in the last 20 years it would be to draft Rodgers. Who the hell even was our QB in 2005.

Vinny Testaverde I believe.. I think we also played Chad Hutchinson… maybe some Drew Henson.. could have been 2004 though..

You just had to be blond hair and blue eyed back then , meaning look like Aikman, to be Jerry’s pet projects potential starting QB of the Cowboys..