We need another playmaker at WR

mr.jameswoods

Reaction score
We would have won another title after our last had Troy Aikman had someone else to throw to besides Irvin. People blamed our OL but I remember how teams would double and triple Michael Irvin while our second guy was marginal. Aikman was forced to holding onto the ball because no one could get open. I felt like some of that occurred today

Terry Glenn is old and sorry but Patrick Crayton will always be a third receiver. We really need another playmaker besides Terrell Owens. I'm suprised no one has talked about this but it was evident today how we lacked playmakers at WR. TO was still hobbling and there was really no one else that could get separation and make plays.

The Patriots have 3 playmakers at receiver in Moss, Stallworth and Welker. Any of those 3 receivers can make plays. The Giants have Toomer and Burress. The Colts have Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne.

I just don't want us to contrive arguments for Crayton the way fans did for Billy Davis, Deion Sanders, and Anthony Miller. I think Crayton is valuable but he reminds of the Cardinals Bryant Johnson in that he is arguably the best or one of the best 3rd receivers but not a true playmaker who is capable of starting. I would hate to settle on Crayton and realize 2 years from now how we should have paired up TO with another Pro Bowl calibre WR.

Frozen700

Reaction score
mr.jameswoods;1901347 said:
We would have won another title after our last had Troy Aikman had someone else to throw to besides Irvin. People blamed our OL but I remember how teams would double and triple Michael Irvin while our second guy was marginal. Aikman was forced to holding onto the ball because no one could get open. I felt like some of that occurred today

Terry Glenn is old and sorry but Patrick Crayton will always be a third receiver. We really need another playmaker besides Terrell Owens. I'm suprised no one has talked about this but it was evident today how we lacked playmakers at WR. TO was still hobbling and there was really no one else that could get separation and make plays.

The Patriots have 3 playmakers at receiver in Moss, Stallworth and Welker. Any of those 3 receivers can make plays. The Giants have Toomer and Burress. The Colts have Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne.

I just don't want us to contrive arguments for Crayton the way fans did for Billy Davis, Deion Sanders, and Anthony Miller. I think Crayton is valuable but he reminds of the Cardinals Bryant Johnson in that he is arguably the best or one of the best 3rd receivers but not a true playmaker who is capable of starting. I would hate to settle on Crayton and realize 2 years from now how we should have paired up TO with another Pro Bowl calibre WR.

What The.....??

anyways i agree...we need explosion there for Romo....TO needs help

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
If we can add a Bernard Berrian (yeah his hands are soso but is the deep threat this team lacks) that would go a long way to cure what ails this team offensively.

newera

Reaction score
^^^^ the old part was for glenn the sorry part was about crayton

noletime95

Reaction score
windward;1901377 said:
If we can add a Bernard Berrian (yeah his hands are soso but is the deep threat this team lacks) that would go a long way to cure what ails this team offensively.

Trade for Roy Williams.....

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
Come on now, we had the biggest playmaker in the game playing WR for us. Just so happened to be negative plays....

proline

Reaction score
I'd be interested in adding Roy Williams from Detroit and a 1st or 2nd round WR in the draft. If we stick with the status quo, we'll be down to Crayton and TO or Crayton and Glenn by the end of training camp.

People always say that Crayton "might have the best hands on the team". What a joke!!!

The same goes for CB. We have Newman and Henry, a nice pair. But lose one and we're in trouble ... lose two and we struggle! We need to be "churning the roster" and improving our talent at those positions.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
proline;1901403 said:
I'd be interested in adding Roy Williams from Detroit and a 1st or 2nd round WR in the draft. If we stick with the status quo, we'll be down to Crayton and TO or Crayton and Glenn by the end of training camp.

People always say that Crayton "might have the best hands on the team". What a joke!!!
What it comes down to for me is what is the price for Roy Williams and will he be healthy? If we can get him for less than a first and he can stay healthy then I may be in favor of getting him.

TheHerd

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mr.jameswoods

Terry Glenn is old, and sorry but Patrick Crayton will always be a third receiver. We really need another playmaker besides Terrell Owens. I'm suprised no one has talked about this but it was evident today how we lacked playmakers at WR. TO was still hobbling and there was really no one else that could get separation and make plays.

Terence Newman700;1901367 said:
What The.....??

anyways i agree...we need explosion there for Romo....TO needs help

I think he meant it like that.