We need balance

ScalperX

Reaction score
Similar to the Titans. The Titans know what they have. We are delusional when it comes to this. They know that they have to play a different style of football with Ryan Tannehill at the helm.

Whether you like it, whether I like it, Dak Prescott will be the QB of this team for the for the next 3 years at least. So the philosophy and the thinking of this team has to change.

Dak shouldn’t be throwing the ball more than 25-30 times a game. In order to do that Dak needs a strong running game, and the running game needs a strong Oline. Playing with a balanced offensive attack is the only way this team has a chance.

I know Dak is the one who gets most of the blame (and there are times when he deserves it), but IMO a lot of the blame should be put on the coaching staff and Kellen Moore in particular. How are they oblivious to the fact that Tony Pollard was outperforming Zeke the entire season and still refused to give him the extra touches he deserved? And why are they using Dak like he’s Patrick Mahomes. We have to scheme to our players strengths. Daks strength is not throwing the ball 40 times a game.

Swagger

Reaction score
I would say next 2 years as might as well cut him before 2024/25 so we can focus on winning earlier. Also Dak should be throwing no more than 25 times a game. Focus on the run and him using his legs again. We should trade Lamb as we don't utilise him and maybe even Cooper as he isn't used enough either. Although Dak has been putrid without Cooper

Blackthorn

Reaction score
Balance is a catch-phrase for the Dallas fan base. No one ever says Brady needs balance. The best scoring drive Dallas had was when they ran the ball. Dallas has to figure out how to run. The team runs the ball the best when La'el is pulling. Fix the running game and quit holding, false starts and other stupid penalties.

McCarthy can only look in the mirror for what went wrong. He is repeating mistakes in Dallas that caused him to get fired in Green Bay. Fix blocking alignment.

Win the off-season starting today.
Do whatever it takes to win,
Stay Hard,
Grind

Until next season,
Go Dallas!!!
:clap:

Last edited:

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I do not think "balance" is so much the key as it is being capable of winning either way.

I have never been a fan of the idea you should run and throw it around the same number times per game.

Instead, I believe if a defense crowds the box, you need to beat them in the long passing game. If they play back, you beat them in the short passing and/or run game.

This season, the teams that gave the Cowboys trouble were teams that stacked the box pre-snap, looked for certain formations and cues and then on snap either rushed the gaps or dropped back into coverage.

The Cowboys need to get better at disguising their play calling and they also need to get more aggressive in the 15-30 yard passing areas (and preferably NOT mostly come-back routes).

They need to be able to beat defenses by making them pay for guessing wrong and once they do that enough, teams will start playing less aggressive on defense, which is when the Cowboys offense tends to do well.

Birch_Wood

Reaction score
Passing is not a fad – it's the permanent future of the NFL
The NFL is never going back to the way it was. The passing game is king and will be from now until the end of time, and teams built with an outdated run-first approach in mind will always be playing catch-up.
https://ftw.usatoday.com/?p=815572

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
The Cowboys need a complete change of philosophy on offense. They have to become a run first team and morph the passing game off play action with more of a quick strike offense. Play the QB from under center and sporadically work the passing into the play calling so as to make teams defend the entire field.

Trade Lamb and convert the pick into an OL. They need a LT and C, move Steele to RT, Collins to LG and keep drafting developmental players.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Jerry Jones:

emperor-palpatine-01.jpg

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
We need an answer for when our QB goes into a shell.

Balance? No. We need to play like the 49ers.

Our pass game with Dak is a joke. 2 high safeties and the guy is too scared to throw the ball into a tight window.