We need Serious new blood...

marz512

Reaction score
I don't post too often here...but...

Forget getting another worn out has-been NFL coach. Cowher isn't coming, the word out here in Seattle is that MH is coming back for another season.

Screw that...lets get fresh blood with fresh ideas.

I think we should get Urban Meyer, Stoops or someone else in the college ranks. Show him the money and let him do his thing with as little JJ involvement as possible.

The problem with this team is equal parts JJ, coaching and players.

That's my take. Flame away.

RoboQB

Reaction score
Screw that. Go after NE's OC, Josh McDaniel, I think is the name.

But really, Wade will stay for another gut wrenching season.

RoadRunner

Reaction score
RoboQB;2516230 said:
Screw that. Go after NE's OC, Josh McDaniel, I think is the name.

But really, Wade will stay for another gut wrenching season.

As a side note, nice reference by your forum name. it brings back memories of Todd Marijuanavich from the early 90s.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
This is what it sounds like when Dan Snyder thinks out loud.

Just the thought of Urban Meyer in the NFL shows you have no clue.

RoboQB

Reaction score
CATCH17;2516256 said:

Well, there's a flame. You say the dude has no clue. Fine. How 'bout offering an opinion with some substance "thread killer".

Do you think JJ should bring in some new blood. Maybe you could fax your resume'.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
CATCH17;2516256 said:

Were you and Buddy Ryan the yahoos who tolt Jimma in 1989 that he wouldn't be getting no East Carolinas on his schedule?

Yeah, thought so.

The old and infirm of mind have always preferred the recycled likes of the Norv Turners, Wade Phillips and Schottenheimers of this world.
Think outside the box and people "have no clue." Better to dream than to stagnate, Catch. I hope you and Wade will be very happy together.

:D

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Steve Spagnuolo or Josh McDaniel would be my front runners. Cowher I could care less about. My only problem with Spag or McDaniel is what kind of coaching staff they could put together and you have to give them time to this team to the SB because of their HC inexperience. McDaniel would have this offense ticking all the time as long as Jerry makes sure T.O knows his place.

Not sure who he could get to have this defense running on full tilt. Spagnuolo would turn the unit into a 43 and anyone is better than Garrett right now.

jimmy40

Reaction score
CATCH17;2516256 said:

Thread_Killer_Cap____funny,_geek.jpg

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
GimmeTheBall!;2516344 said:
Were you and Buddy Ryan the yahoos who tolt Jimma in 1989 that he wouldn't be getting no East Carolinas on his schedule?

Yeah, thought so.

The old and infirm of mind have always preferred the recycled likes of the Norv Turners, Wade Phillips and Schottenheimers of this world.
Think outside the box and people "have no clue." Better to dream than to stagnate, Catch. I hope you and Wade will be very happy together.

Jimmy Johnson has been the exception and not the rule.

College coaches just don't do well in the Pros.

As for Urban Meyer.. He's not even a Pro style coach.

He runs a spread OPTION.

He does look young though and thats 90 percent of what Cowboy fan thinks a good coach.

RoboQB

Reaction score
Wow, the guy has a hat to go with his catch-phrase. Kind of a dubious distinction. It implies that one is stubborn and not open minded enough to take part in conversation. Oh well.

jimmy40

Reaction score
marz512;2516218 said:

Forget getting another worn out has-been NFL coach. Cowher isn't coming, the word out here in Seattle is that MH is coming back for another season.

Screw that...lets get fresh blood with fresh ideas.

I think we should get Urban Meyer, Stoops or someone else in the college ranks. Show him the money and let him do his thing with as little JJ involvement as possible.

The problem with this team is equal parts JJ, coaching and players.

That's my take. Flame away.

I actually agree with Stoops even though he's choked in several big games. He is an arrogant *** just like Jimmy Johnson and Stoops is already used to dealing with overpaid athletes. I think he'd be a good pro coach.

RoboQB

Reaction score
It's a little late now, but Lane Kiffin would've been a great pick as Dallas head coach.

His wife could be a Dallas Cowboy cheerleader.

jimmy40

Reaction score
RoboQB;2516398 said:
It's a little late now, but Lane Kiffin would've been a great pick as Dallas head coach.

His wife could be a Dallas Cowboy cheerleader.
this post certainly needs pics.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
CATCH17;2516384 said:
Jimmy Johnson has been the exception and not the rule.

College coaches just don't do well in the Pros.

As for Urban Meyer.. He's not even a Pro style coach.

He runs a spread OPTION.

He does look young though and thats 90 percent of what Cowboy fan thinks a good coach.

So you are a consultant to which NFL team?

I mean, you paint things with a very broad brush. You deal only in absolutes, huh?
It was the absolutes (predictables) like Wade that got us into this lethargic, also-rans era of Cowboy history.
And for the record I have never mentioned Meyer because I never say an NFL coach can never coach collegiates and I never say a collegiate coach can't do so in the NFL.

Such a generalization is ridiculous, and you should know it.

jimmy40

Reaction score
marz512;2516218 said:
props for the biggest understatement in the history of this forum. .01 posts per day:eek: where do you find the time? :D