We need Serious new blood...

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
jimmy40;2516389 said:
I actually agree with Stoops even though he's choked in several big games. He is an arrogant *** just like Jimmy Johnson and Stoops is already used to dealing with overpaid athletes. I think he'd be a good pro coach.

Either you are a Sooner fan or you have a terrible case of the Snyders.

Why would anyone hire a Steve Spurrier prodigy?

I also thought you guys hate zone defenses.

Slashar00

Reaction score
The last thing we need to do is take a gamble with this team. We have too much talent, too much money paying for that talent, we're not a team rebuilding and looking for some guy off the street to coach this team. It's either Wade or a coach with Super Bowl rings.

RoboQB

Reaction score
Slashar00;2516428 said:
The last thing we need to do is take a gamble with this team. We have too much talent, too much money paying for that talent, we're not a team rebuilding and looking for some guy off the street to coach this team. It's either Wade or a coach with Super Bowl rings.

agreed.

But if he does make a change somewhere, pluck somebody, ANYBODY from New England so they can teach Jerry how its done. (Scott Pioli as GM...okay now I'm dreamin')

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
jimmy40;2516436 said:
You sir, deserve to die a horrible death. I'm a Longhorn fan.

My apolgies.

I'd rather have the Snyders as well. ;)

Big Dakota

Reaction score
Good solid up and coming pro assistants seem to be what's working. I'd go that route.

RoboQB

Reaction score
Big Dakota;2516478 said:
Good solid up and coming pro assistants seem to be what's working. I'd go that route.

It's working in Atlanta.

DeaconBlues

M'Kevon
Reaction score
jimmy40;2516389 said:
I actually agree with Stoops even though he's choked in several big games. He is an arrogant *** just like Jimmy Johnson and Stoops is already used to dealing with overpaid athletes. I think he'd be a good pro coach.

If he's choking in college games, what makes you think he'll do something different in the pros??

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
marz512;2516218 said:
I don't post too often here...but...

Forget getting another worn out has-been NFL coach. Cowher isn't coming, the word out here in Seattle is that MH is coming back for another season.

Screw that...lets get fresh blood with fresh ideas.

I think we should get Urban Meyer, Stoops or someone else in the college ranks. Show him the money and let him do his thing with as little JJ involvement as possible.

The problem with this team is equal parts JJ, coaching and players.

That's my take. Flame away.

Meyer and Stoops have about as much chance of being big winners in the NFL as I do. Niether would do jack in the NFL, especially Meyer with his offensive system.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Eh... hem.... mi-mi-mi-mi.....

"Let me be perfectly clear... Bill Cowher will never be the Head Coach of the Dallas Cowboys... I repeat....."

bagdad_bob_large.gif

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
RoadRunner;2516307 said:
Worked out pretty good with Jimmy Johnson.

memo to you- they dont have anymore Jimmy Johnson's

and Meyer/Stoops are certainly nowhere near his calibar.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
YoMick;2516505 said:
Eh... hem.... mi-mi-mi-mi.....

"Let me be perfectly clear... Bill Cowher will never be the Head Coach of the Dallas Cowboys... I repeat....."

bagdad_bob_large.gif

Love the Sig.

marz512

Reaction score
CATCH17;2516256 said:
This is what it sounds like when Dan Snyder thinks out loud.

Just the thought of Urban Meyer in the NFL shows you have no clue.

That didn't take long. Since your so in tuned to the NFL and coaching, why don't you coach the team? If you don't have a solution, then why comment? You are the exact reason why I can only tolerate this forum in small doses. Because some like yourself always rolls into a thread offers little to the discussion, then talks sheit to the OP. Obviously you are well liked here.

Jimmy - ring a bell up there in cell one in your head? So, what's your stance on this; who do you want coaching this team? Let me know so I can trash your response.

Amazing how many jerks are on this forum. If you want to play, I can go all night, I'm snowed in.

yimyammer

Reaction score
The last bastion of untapped talent is in hiring an African American coach. Jerry would be wise to find out who's out there and go that route.

Once the damn breaks and owners realize color doesn't matter, the best coaches will already have jobs.

Say what you want about Switzer, but he was ahead of his time when he was coach at OU (Who I absolutely hate by the way). He and his program whipped everyone for years because he didn't let skin color hold him back from recruiting the best players.

Owners have that opportunity now if they are smart enough to seize it.

Not that it should matter, but I'm white (actually I'm a pinkish hue, but white seems to be the general consensus)