We need to come right out and establish the passing game

cowboybish

Reaction score
We need to come right out and establish the passing game, especially 20 yards down field and more. That way our run game can be effective from the start. We need to score points and get up on Green Bay because we are not a very effective team playing from behind.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Yep. Running game both defense and offense been inconsistent this year. And we have the #1 pass rush in the NFL. We DO NOT lose when we have a 2-score lead.

Did I mention we have the best QB/WR duo in the NFL? Throw it like crazy first half. Do your best Aikman to Irvin impression and then let Defense (or hopefully running game) do its thing.

The only thing that can stop us is ourselves. Don't make CeeDee have to come up to the sidelines again and ask the Coaches *** are they thinking on the playcalling? Dude is open!!

blueblood70

Reaction score
Yep. Running game both defense and offense been inconsistent this year. And we have the #1 pass rush in the NFL. We DO NOT lose when we have a 2-score lead.

Did I mention we have the best QB/WR duo in the NFL? Throw it like crazy first half. Do your best Aikman to Irvin impression and then let Defense (or hopefully running game) do its thing.

The only thing that can stop us is ourselves. Don't make CeeDee have to come up to the sidelines again and ask the Coaches *** are they thinking on the playcalling? Dude is open!!
This is true but lots of weird things happen in games you know like with that the lions game or the Miami game I believe it was the lions game when CD lamb reached the ball out and it goes through the back of the end zone and we lose that possession...

I mean having a field goal blocked and another one doink off the goal post he just tips bounce toes stepping out of bounds on a two point play in Philly not getting a call here there..

This is why the NFL is the truest of all reality TV shows you never know what's really going to happen until you play the game...

Just think about how the Washington game started you know that's the last game if you don't need any more proof that a team can stay in a game and compete when weird things happen the 1st 8 minutes of a game, I mean it happened to my Longhorns in the Oklahoma game the only game they lost this year in the regular season... And because of how that game started and end up setting up the game-winning touchdown for them because they were in that game they felt like they could win they had the momentum the confidence because people are going to say well it didn't matter it does matter sometimes...

This is why football games give me anxiety because you just never really know what's going to happen.

I don't care what the opponent has looked like throughout the year or the week before if you're supposed to beat them, you're at home but the craziest crap happens in football games....

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We need to come right out and establish the passing game, especially 20 yards down field and more. That way our run game can be effective from the start. We need to score points and get up on Green Bay because we are not a very effective team playing from behind.
Defense was built to play with a lead. Anytime the Cowboys struggle to score it's a close game.

Play a no turnover penalty free game and the 4th quarter will be stress free ending with the Landry Shift.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Defense was built to play with a lead. Anytime the Cowboys struggle to score it's a close game.

Play a no turnover penalty free game and the 4th quarter will be stress free ending with the Landry Shift.
Ohh I realize there's outliers but I hate to be this guy but I'm gonna be I'm having a cowboy coffee rant this morning explain the Seattle game Cowboys put up plenty of points over and over and the defense kept giving them up... I don't care how the defense was supposed to be built they need to make stops and keep games close even if the offense is struggling this is a team game and they need to do their job making excuses that we didn't get them early enough first quarter lead is getting old around here for me anyway...

But staying on topic I don't understand why Mike McCarthy keeps deferring and I know it didn't work because we fumbled the ball in Miami but that is what I'd like to see out of this offense long drive that ends in a score to start the game that would be nice..

I don't know if that was scripted or how that game plan was built but I like that type of drive lot of runs lot of using the full back lot of motions that use Turpin I mean they got everybody involved and it was like a 15 play drive unfortunately it didn't end in point and it should have.... But still we gave that defense A1 point lead with four minutes left and said here go win the game and they couldn't this defense is responsible for more of our losses than our offense is so I don't know why we have to keep talking about it..... It's insane to ask the offense to have this spot the defense 10 points in order to have a shot at winning a game..

Creeper

Reaction score
They need to stop the Green Bay running game, and not let Aaron Jones run for a 150 yards. And they need to force Love to get rid of the ball before he wants to. If they can do those two things, they should win easily. But the Cowboys have had problems late in the year stopping the run and getting pressure. Hopefully today they change that.

Aven8

Reaction score
I’m actually have a feeling a big game from TP. He has been looking better and better as the season as gone along.

Last edited:

TheHerd

Reaction score
They need to stop the Green Bay running game, and not let Aaron Jones run for a 150 yards. And they need to force Love to get rid of the ball before he wants to. If they can do those two things, they should win easily. But the Cowboys have had problems late in the year stopping the run and getting pressure. Hopefully today they change that.
I hate to be this guy too, but the key to stopping the Pack passing game to me is the officiating. If they allow the pack to mug our pass rush, and Micah in particular, our offense will have to be on point. If the holding is called, we crush them from the start. I think DQ finds a way to get the guys to stop the run.

shabazz

Reaction score

Should we go deep out of the Landry shift?... there is precedent for it now.