We need to consider benching several players going forward and play the best player

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
They should see if Guyton can play better at RT, Steele is not playing well and Bass can step in at LG if you slide Tyler Smith back to LT.

I have been saying for a while that Turpin needs more snaps. He just keeps making plays and the illegal contact he drew was big.
Guyton just needs to sit for now. He’s going to get the QB killed. I don’t think throwing him onto the other side will change that.

He’s super raw and still learning the position. He can do that from the bench for a few weeks.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Guyton just needs to sit for now. He’s going to get the QB killed. I don’t think throwing him onto the other side will change that.

He’s super raw and still learning the position. He can do that from the bench for a few weeks.
He has more upside in the long term than Steele does so I would make them compete for the RT spot during the bye week.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Cooks needs to be benched for Tolbert at WR.

This game tells me the rookie LT should be benched (for now).

Tyler Smith is a natural left tackle and a beast!

I knew we didn’t need to draft a left tackle. We should drafted a wide receiver. The combo of Smith and Bass on the left side is great.

We also had our best run game as a result.

Probably should bench D Law and maybe consider trading Micah (give him this season to improve). Our run defense looked good.

Go Cowboys!
We're gonna need a bigger bench.

Zman5

Reaction score
They should shuffle the OL and play Tyler Smith at LT. It's clear Guyton isn't ready to play starting LT in the NFL right now. He should be used as a swing tackle rest of the season and have him compete for the RT position with Steele next year.