We need to cut someone to free up some cap

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Who do you think needs to be cut on the team? After all of today’s shockers, I think we can agree we need to get rid of some people. We were in the top 10 for cap space and now we’re in the bottom 10 for cap space. Something must be done. I know the Dallas FO “likes our guys” but seeing all these FO’s making smart moves actually has me thinking of what we could be if we made some FA signings.

ksg811

Reaction score
No one needs to be cut. Re-signing either or both of Tank or Cooper saves space. Tyron, Fred, and Martin can all be restructured. If anyone, Hurns is the most likely to be cut, saving 5 million.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Who do you think needs to be cut on the team? After all of today’s shockers, I think we can agree we need to get rid of some people. We were in the top 10 for cap space and now we’re in the bottom 10 for cap space. Something must be done. I know the Dallas FO “likes our guys” but seeing all these FO’s making smart moves actually has me thinking of what we could be if we made some FA signings.

The Cowboys are implementing a system on their website where free agents will be signed based on fan voting. It will he automatic with no human intervention by the team.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

We need good coaching and scheme. This team has plenty of talent.

GenoT

Reaction score
The Cowboys are implementing a system on their website where free agents will be signed based on fan voting. It will he automatic with no human intervention by the team.
“We are Jerrytus of Borg. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.”

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

How did we go from top 10 in cap space to bottom 10 in cap space after today? As for all these smart moves, some were, and some weren’t and some were just average - not special but not bad. The Cowboys need to improve, and hopefully they will make a move or two, but the fact they didn’t today doesn’t mean they don’t have the cap space.

By the way, this “we like our guys” thing is being totally misrepresented. The Cowboys never suggested they are completely satisfied with every player at every position forever and ever, but that’s how some portray it.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Here is a list of possible moves and their cap savings
We have around 25n in cap space right now

Potential Cap Savings- remember this just a MENU of options, not suggestions

Restructures
TSmith............7.5m
ZMartin...........7.5m
TFred...............4m
TCrawford........4m
SLee.................4m

Cuts/Trades
DLawrence......20.m
SLee................3m