We need to Pair

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Good day to you all. I'm up watching highlights of #11 and he's making plays all over the field. With the possibilty of LVE not returning, wouldn't it be fun to see us target another LB that posseses SIMILAR characteristics of Parsons?

Now before you get beside yourself, Micah is a generational type talent that was created in a lab somewhere!! Yes I know we have Cox, but I'd like to see us go after a guy that can go sideline to sideline and he's a THUMPER.

I think this would be amazing, what are your thoughts. PS while I'm wishing, I'd love us to get a big, nasty, ugly, greasy DT to help free these young guys up more. I want a BIG guy, not someone who's barely over 300lbs, I want him 330+

Mr_437

Reaction score
I agree with you, Coog. 330+ NT would go a long way in stopping the run by allowing the LBs to flow to the ball easy. I like Jabril, but I'm not depending on him to be a starter. I prefer DQ bring in 2 starter type LBs via draft or FA...creates more flexibility with Parsons.

Dalmations202

Reaction score
If you want a BIG NT..........check out Siaki Ika - Baylor.
Seems to have both the strength and some quickness, and probably can be had later in the draft. And 340-400lbs he can carry.

Yes, I think a Parson characteristic LB would be great -- just don't think you find one, but it is a great thought.

I think if you could have the big NT, and you can sign Gregory to about 15M, and if you could add a Von Miller ........you could use Parsons in many creative ways without having to find another LB.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
I don't see a place on the defense where we couldn't use more talent, which is a great place to be going into the draft. Could we use a 1st-round CB? Uh, yeah. Another LB? Absolutely. Safety? DT? Sure, we have room. A pass-rushing DE? You can never have too many of those. We should have no problem absorbing and using a top talent anywhere on the defensive side.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
I don't see a place on the defense where we couldn't use more talent, which is a great place to be going into the draft. Could we use a 1st-round CB? Uh, yeah. Another LB? Absolutely. Safety? DT? Sure, we have room. A pass-rushing DE? You can never have too many of those. We should have no problem absorbing and using a top talent anywhere on the defensive side.

And we need a LT, G and TE. We should have no problem absorbing and using a top talent on the offensive side either.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
And we need a LT, G and TE. We should have no problem absorbing and using a top talent on the offensive side either.
Yeah, but if there were a clear BPA and it were to be a QB (won't be), RB (won't be) or WR, we might have a little heartburn about what to do.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
I’m not saying I wouldn’t draft another Micah Parsons, but I am saying you can’t continue to play guys with a similar skill set at LB. Case in point, *if* Will Anderson were draft eligible and *if* we picked high enough to take him, I would…but one of them is moving to DE

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Fwiw, I think Cox is the future at the Will LB spot, but we still need a MLB type who tackles well and run blitzes well.