We need to talk about the NFCE: Eagles and Giants remain only undefeated teams in the NFC

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Yes, it’s a problem. The eagles and Giants spent the offseason trying to get better this year.

the cowboys didn’t.

so winning the division against them is going to be a lot harder to pull off.

And it might be a good thing. The FO needs competition. Maybe they can realise that we're not invincible in the NFC East. Plus, the better the competition in the East, the better we will do in the playoffs when we next get there.

Creeper

Reaction score
And the Giants do not face the Eagles until December 11! Weird schedule.

Creeper

Reaction score
The combined record of the opponents at this point:
Giants: 0 wins, 4 losses
Eagles: 3 wins, 6 losses

That totals 3 wins and 10 losses for a 23% win rate.

Both teams the Giants beat won yesterday. Your point may still be valid though. The Giants are a mirage in my opinion. But the Eagles are a legitimately good team.

DallasInDC

Reaction score
Point stands as title. We need to be concerned about these two teams going forward, particularly the Eagles. I will wait to assess the Giants tomorrow when we play them (being said, I am concerned for tomorrow’s game as we barely scratched by the hungover Bengals), however, the Eagles are growing into a juggernaut before our eyes. Hurts’ progression into a pro QB, their defense and offense through free agency has improved, and they drafted very well. Now before you guys say: “they beat up on the Vikes, Lions, and Commodes!!” Let’s look at the resume of these teams.

Vikes: beat the Packers. The Packers beat the Bucs (the same team we had severe trouble with). Vikes also beat the Lions, which isn’t saying much, but you’ll see why the Lions can be mighty foes when I mention them below. Not to mention they are divisional rivals (Vikes and Lions that is) meaning their competition against each other will be tougher. Vikes are a tough team.

Lions: Lions will Lion. But they do put up a good fight when they lose. And Eagles truly gave them a run for their money. Lions almost beat the Vikes today. Beat the Commanders (though the game was close, indicating a close skill level in these teams).

Commodes: No comment. I think they just suck kinda like us, but I don’t even care enough to speak on them in length.

bottom line, we need to be concerned. Eagles undefeated going into October is NOT a good combo. Even worse, by the time we play them, Dak may unfortunately be back. This team is HOT and I fear we won’t have enough to stop them. Even if we cannot stop them, how many other teams in the league can? No other team right now (unless you count the Giants) are undefeated, meaning every team currently has vulnerabilities that have been taken advantage of. The Eagles however have not been figured out.

Giants concern me for other reasons, not as much as the Eagles but certainly enough to warrant concern. Either way, we need to prepare for the storm that’s brewing in the NFCE. Rather it be the Eagles or Giants, the days of the NFC Least are over.

Edit: Forgot the Dolphins! Sorry! I have no idea why I thought they were 2-1! Apologies.

It's early in the season. A lot will change over the course of the year.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Point stands as title. We need to be concerned about these two teams going forward, particularly the Eagles. I will wait to assess the Giants tomorrow when we play them (being said, I am concerned for tomorrow’s game as we barely scratched by the hungover Bengals), however, the Eagles are growing into a juggernaut before our eyes. Hurts’ progression into a pro QB, their defense and offense through free agency has improved, and they drafted very well. Now before you guys say: “they beat up on the Vikes, Lions, and Commodes!!” Let’s look at the resume of these teams.

Vikes: beat the Packers. The Packers beat the Bucs (the same team we had severe trouble with). Vikes also beat the Lions, which isn’t saying much, but you’ll see why the Lions can be mighty foes when I mention them below. Not to mention they are divisional rivals (Vikes and Lions that is) meaning their competition against each other will be tougher. Vikes are a tough team.

Lions: Lions will Lion. But they do put up a good fight when they lose. And Eagles truly gave them a run for their money. Lions almost beat the Vikes today. Beat the Commanders (though the game was close, indicating a close skill level in these teams).

Commodes: No comment. I think they just suck kinda like us, but I don’t even care enough to speak on them in length.

bottom line, we need to be concerned. Eagles undefeated going into October is NOT a good combo. Even worse, by the time we play them, Dak may unfortunately be back. This team is HOT and I fear we won’t have enough to stop them. Even if we cannot stop them, how many other teams in the league can? No other team right now (unless you count the Giants) are undefeated, meaning every team currently has vulnerabilities that have been taken advantage of. The Eagles however have not been figured out.

Giants concern me for other reasons, not as much as the Eagles but certainly enough to warrant concern. Either way, we need to prepare for the storm that’s brewing in the NFCE. Rather it be the Eagles or Giants, the days of the NFC Least are over.

Edit: Forgot the Dolphins! Sorry! I have no idea why I thought they were 2-1! Apologies.
Not concerned about the midgets
Am concerned about the egirls,
Especially after Dak stunk so badly against the Bucs
If he does not improve on his play, we are sunk.