Video: We needed some Michael Irvin on Sunday

Zordon

Reaction score
29:47 mark.

Compare Michael Irvin's demeanor during the '94 championship game to Zeke staring into the abyss every time the cameras showed him last Sunday. The lack of leadership shown on Sunday from the highly paid players is stunning.

I swear this franchise feel likes it lost its soul the day Michael Irvin retired.

WKF42APCNYNC6EOMB635YSBDCY.jpg

Cmac

Reaction score

Compare Michael Irvin's demeanor during the '94 championship game to Zeke staring into the abyss every time the cameras showed him last Sunday. The lack of leadership shown on Sunday from the highly paid players is stunning.

I swear this franchise feel likes it lost its soul the day Michael Irvin retired.

We really reaching on this one pic....I guess the Coach beside him is about to fall asleep.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Michael Irvin is presented every Sunday on At&T's big screen with his pre-game, motivational speech. I find it painful to watch.

TexasBoys2288

Reaction score
I love Michael Irvin. If he was our head coach he would be storming up and down the sidelines keeping the Boyz motivated. Garrett just chews his gum and has glassed over eyes most of the time. Probably thinking what's for supper that night.

Last edited:

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Cowboys didn't need passion. They needed to stop shooting themselves in the foot. They were their own worst enemy.

Zordon

Reaction score
The Cowboys didn't need passion. They needed to stop shooting themselves in the foot. They were their own worst enemy.
No, they definitely lacked passion/effort on defense. They were getting mauled in the trenches. Just because your QB is off his game doesn't mean you have to bend down and take it on defense. FIGHT BACK!

blueblood70

Reaction score
A Michael Irvin type player today would be deemed a troublemaker, whiner, etc.

The game has softened up.
Dez got destroyed for being "Passionate" ..TO all those types of players ...I know theres affine line between passionate and being a distraction but most of what Dez did was similar to MI.. he just tried to wake up the sideline..

Cowboys1996

Reaction score
I love Michael Irvin. If he was our head coach he would be storming up and down the sidelines keeping the Boyz motivated. Garrett just chews his gum and has glassed over eyes most of the time. Probably thinking what's for supper that night.
It’s to the point I wouldn’t even mind having Irvin thrust into the head coaching role on this team with no coaching experience whatsoever, just because of his intensity. I can accept my team playing like their lives depended on it and losing. This team just looks lethargic most of the time. I wonder if it’s because they know their coaching staff is completely clueless

gmb1

Reaction score
Ahhh...seems like that was in ancient times. 1994? Times have changed, unfortunately.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
This team has no real leaders that can get in someone's face and motivate them....except our HC of course. lol

Whyjerry

Reaction score

Irvin had his flaws but he was a titan in the field. Miss that guy. Now we have a bunch of cup cakes.