We owe Dez an apology

BigD_95

Reaction score
First, I admit I was one of the " time to move on from Dez" crowd.

He lost a step and wasn't worth the hassle anymore.

I was wrong and I apologize.

This is not on Dez in anyway. Dak is not fit to be a NFL QB. He might be a great person and a good leader but he cannot read a defense and he cannot throw a ball.

If Dez had Romo or any half worth QB he would still be on this team and still making plays.

I'm so sick of watching Dak make the wrong reads or absolute horrible throws.

What this organization did to one of its great players is messed up. All because he isn't considered "Dak friendly"

Because he called out the play calling and head coach. And probably called out Dak's bad reads and throws.

Now we have Beasley and Hurns calling out Dak. Saying how they are open ( and they are) yet the media and ownership turn a blind eye on what the real problem is, which is the QB play.

Sorry Dez. You deserved better.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

This is not on Dez in anyway. Dak is not fit to be a NFL QB. He might be a great person and a good leader but he cannot read a defense and he cannot throw a ball.

If Dez had Romo or any half worth QB he would still be on this team and still making plays.

What this organization did to one of its great players is messed up. All because he isn't considered "Dak friendly"

Because he called out the play calling and head coach. And probably called out Dak's bad reads and throws.

Now we have Beasley and Hurns calling out Dak. Saying how they are open ( and they are) yet the media and ownership turn a blind eye on what the real problem is, which is the QB play.

What's this we stuff! Hed still be on my team. Our staff was to weak to handle him so they cut him.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Dez was getting slow but in the end Dak is 100% responsible why he couldn't produce!
Most of the time instead of catching he was breaking up Interceptions......
Dez would still be a Dallas Cowboy but got run over by the Dak-Bus.....:eek:

John813

Reaction score
With Bease and Hurns basically on one year deals, they see their next contract shriveling up.

Age/injury was catching up to Dez but yea 2017 wasn't all on him. He screwed up by burning bridges vocally.

JayFord

Reaction score
I love dez but either way we needed to uograde and we didnt

foofighters

Reaction score
LOL...This team would be far worse off if Dez were here. You guys act like he was a production monster these last few years.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Dez, like last season, would make little difference this year. His salary was too much to absorb for that level of productivity. There were a number of teams with good QBs looking for a WR this year. I see Dez is still tweeting from home.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Whether Dak sucks or not right now.
We do NOT owe Dez an apology and all of woe is me about Dez threads are old.

If Dak could not get the ball to Dez and we still have Dak as the QB...what in the world are we worrying about Dez now for anyway or trying to bring him back when it did not work or thinking any of us owe him an apology.

Good grief.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Dez was getting slow but in the end Dak is 100% responsible why he couldn't produce!
Most of the time instead of catching he was breaking up Interceptions......
Dez would still be a Dallas Cowboy but got run over by the Dak-Bus.....:eek:

Dez was never a guy that ran by people.

He went over and through people. That's always been his game.

Dez had 70ish catches for 850ish yards and 6 TD's. That is incredible in this offense.

We miss his ability to go up and get a football and he was still doing that a year ago.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
He also called out Witten, Lee, Fredbeard, all the guys with the "C's" on their chest.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Dez could be playing for Baltimore. It's not like he couldn't have a job, so mocking him for being unemployed doesn't fly. He just didn't take it for whatever reason. My guess is if he did take it, he would be playing a lot better elsewhere than here with a better QB and coaching staff.

Dre11

Reaction score

I agree with most of what you said, but I disagree about Dak not being fit to be an NFL qb. He's definitely not there yet. He's still learning, I feel fans just don't have the patience after seeing 2016 and after Romo. I definitely don't think Dez was the problem. Linehan and Stephen Jones and to somewhat MCLay seems to be a little arrogant and more ego driven than Jerry.

The Natural

Reaction score
"Washed" Dez through 5 games last year
21 catches, 265 yards, 3 tds

The new and improved Dak friendly guys (thompson, gallup, hurns)
25 catches 268 yards, 1 td

People can continue to put blinders on all they want but if it takes three players to match what one guy gave you, that one guy wasnt the problem. Seems we would have been better off with Dez on a reduced salary but then who could we have used as a fall guy for Linehan and Garrett?

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
If Bryant would shut the **** up on Twitter maybe he'd have a job.