We owe Dez an apology

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
First, I admit I was one of the " time to move on from Dez" crowd.

He lost a step and wasn't worth the hassle anymore.

I was wrong and I apologize.

This is not on Dez in anyway. Dak is not fit to be a NFL QB. He might be a great person and a good leader but he cannot read a defense and he cannot throw a ball.

If Dez had Romo or any half worth QB he would still be on this team and still making plays.

I'm so sick of watching Dak make the wrong reads or absolute horrible throws.

What this organization did to one of its great players is messed up. All because he isn't considered "Dak friendly"

Because he called out the play calling and head coach. And probably called out Dak's bad reads and throws.

Now we have Beasley and Hurns calling out Dak. Saying how they are open ( and they are) yet the media and ownership turn a blind eye on what the real problem is, which is the QB play.

Sorry Dez. You deserved better.
The failure was not getting rid of Dez, the failure was thinking this WR group was good enough to win in the NFL.

zerofill

Reaction score
I don't owe him an apology either, because I would have kept him. I went with the decision because he can't produce enough for what he cost in Dallas, because we were keeping Dak.

Now if it were up to me, Dak would have been gone, and Dez would have stayed lol...

But it wasn't up to me, so I saw no reason to keep him either. Dez could be playing right now anyway if he wanted to. I know I would rather have Flacco or Mayfield throwing me the ball right now.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Never wanted Dez gone so I don't owe him an apology and I also said if we cut him then we have to upgrade the position which we didn't do. None of our WR's scare anybody.

CrownCowboy

Reaction score
Dez indeed lost a step and probably was a headache at times on the sideline but he was not the problem. Right now, he'd be the best wide receiver on this team if he were on it and it wouldn't be close.

This coaching staff simply made a mistake by considering Dak the foundation for the future. Many here called him out for what he is on the field back in 2016 even when we were winning. Garrett, Jerry and the Front Office made their bed and now they have to lay in it.

This offense isn't perfect. I've been calling for Garrett to be fired years ago. I'm disappointed in Linehan but his hands really are tied. He is dialing up plays where receivers are getting open. We have a QB that can't hit them on an regular basis. It is what it is.

Ultimately, Jason Garrett needs to go and we need to put QB as priority number 1.

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
Dez was never a guy that ran by people.

He went over and through people. That's always been his game.

Dez had 70ish catches for 850ish yards and 6 TD's. That is incredible in this offense.

We miss his ability to go up and get a football and he was still doing that a year ago.
He was also fumbling/tipping balls for INT's. We have guys doing that for half the cost now.

The Natural

Reaction score
Dallas brass threw Dez under the bus and sold the fanbase on this Dak friendly bs, with a "route guru" that was going to open up the field. And like true suckers most of CZ ate it right up.

giphy.gif

Look at this thread as a prime example of why nothing will change. They know all they have to do is sacrifice a player so the fans never come for Garrett.

aaev84

Reaction score
LOL...This team would be far worse off if Dez were here. You guys act like he was a production monster these last few years.
Not too far to be far worse from where Dallas is now. What is it 28th or 29th in passing? Dez gave Dallas a lot of years. Hes battled far more for Dallas than Dak has at this stage. Dallas was very premature/jumped on board with dak way too early. But hindsight is always 20/20. Just hate what Dallas has lost in the process of putting all their chips on Dak.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
He was also fumbling/tipping balls for INT's. We have guys doing that for half the cost now.

He had a bad year by his standards I do not deny that but Dez Bryant would definitely help this football team and a Iconic player shouldn't have been treated like he was when he still had juice in the tank.

After it was apparent he wasn't going to get a big deal elsewhere Dallas should've signed him back because they do not have a receiver on his level and we just handicapped our football team out of stupidity.

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
You really think bringing Dez back would be good for this football team? After he took shots at some of his teammates on his way out the door? No way, no how. If Dez still had something left, he would have been signed almost immediately after he was cut. Problem is, everybody in the league knows his talent isn't good enough to put up with all the bull**** that comes with having Dez on your team.

foofighters

Reaction score
Not too far to be far worse from where Dallas is now. What is it 28th or 29th in passing? Dez gave Dallas a lot of years. Hes battled far more for Dallas than Dak has at this stage. Dallas was very premature/jumped on board with dak way too early. But hindsight is always 20/20. Just hate what Dallas has lost in the process of putting all their chips on Dak.
We are not going to gain anything. Especially now that Dez popped off like he did. Why would you bring that back? This is a "what have you done for me lately" league and Dez hasn't done anything in the past few years. His great catches were offset by drops, fumbles and poor attitude.

jsb357

Reaction score
Remember Laurent Robinson?

He was doing well in Dallas and took the big money in Jacksonville but never really did much after Dallas.

The word was Romo "made" Robinson a good receiver in Dallas.

If that's the case is it not entirely possible Romo made Dez good receiver as well?

Without Romo here, there is no reason to consider Dez.

So let that be the end of that discussion.

:thumbup:

aaev84

Reaction score
Remember Laurent Robinson?

He was doing well in Dallas and took the big money in Jacksonville but never really did much after Dallas.

The word was Romo "made" Robinson a good receiver in Dallas.

If that's the case is it not entirely possible Romo made Dez good receiver as well?

Without Romo here, there is no reason to consider Dez.

So let that be the end of that discussion.

:thumbup:

I don't know about that. Some was definitely Romo. You are minimizing the amazing catches Dez made over the years. He was objectively a top 5 receiver in his prime. There has certainly been a dropoff... but the extent of that dropoff remains to be known. All things considered, every wr on the roster since Dak took the reigns has dropped off.