We quit after the Romo botch

BlueDemon

Benched
Reaction score
Parcells has to grab his D and yell at them to HOLD! they had them pinned!!! 3 Timeouts left!! THREE!!! you knew they were gonna run! Where was Roy? Mr LOS runstopper! If he can't cover can he at least plug a hole! make a backfield stop! Where was he! I want that Alexander burst blown up and I want a board discussion on it...******! :banghead:

And what was Terry Glenn doing in the Hail Mary??? did you catch him hanging out in the back of the EZ??? hmmm did ya? standing there , like a clown.
I want Glenn gone, and he's got a mouth too - don't ignore it, he cried about catches his way etc during the winning streak. IMO he was never on board with Romo.

But I think we just forgot that , Hey ya know ,we got 3 TO's to burn , Hey they're pinned on the Goal line for hecks sake!! Shoot Roy up the gut hope for a collission and a fumble.

Am I wrong here folks?? Am I!??

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Yes you are wrong.

TG was doing what any 5' 10" receiver who had a clue would do. He was sitting in the back of the endzone behind where the ball was projected to be waiting to catch a possible tip or deflection.

TG has been a consummate professional in his time here. Go whine elsewhere.

muldune13

Reaction score
One team won the game when they were pinned on the goal line, and the other team blew the game when they were pinned....case closed.

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
Roy was blocked like the rest of the right side of the defense cept for Tony P.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
the kid 05;1299045 said:
Roy was blocked like the rest of the right side of the defense cept for Tony P.

Actually, Roy ran right past the hole that Alexander went through.

Ferguson blasted past the guard and past the play.

James got mangled and pushed five yards off the line.

And Roy went flying by the hole.

Awful play by the defense.

BlueDemon

Benched
Reaction score
Juke99;1299050 said:
Actually, Roy ran right past the hole that Alexander went through.

Ferguson blasted past the guard and past the play.

James got mangled and pushed five yards off the line.

And Roy went flying by the hole.

Awful play by the defense.

:banghead: That's what I wanted to hear. Not the excuse makers .

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
BlueDemon;1299062 said:
:banghead: That's what I wanted to hear. Not the excuse makers .

Here's the way I see it.

Everything that needs to be said about this defense can be summed up by the play where they left the WR uncovered near the goal line with Henry frantically waving for someone to cover him.

NO one called a time out.

If Hassleback whould have seen it, it was an easy TD.

Imagine that. In that kind of situation, game on the line, NO ONE was covering the WR.

If you want to see a recap with no excuses, check out the one I did of the 4th quarter.

It's pretty mind boggling.

and this business about how well the defense played, they didn't close the game out. I don't care how well they played in the first half...or first three quarters. Again, when they had to step up, they melted.

Just like on the Alexander run with 45 seconds left.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
No doubt they would've had a second chance, and possibly a better chance to win had they stopped Seattle at the 2. The punt could've been returned by Newman, he could've put them around the 45 - 50.

But on one play, they allowed Alexander to burst straight up the middle for a huge 1st down which ended our season. Had we stopped them and had the ball at the 40. We would've had around 1:30 secs left to get into field goal range, and Romo could've definitely done that. We need some coaches and players with ba**s.