We Should All Be Asking What If

MikeD17

Benched
Reaction score
After we endure this year with this loser testerverde , What if Henson flops next season? What if he 's a bust like Hutchinson ? What if Parcells then retires after next year , then where will we be?

We could be going back to the superbowl , but it all depends really on how good henson is . I mean do we really expect him to light it up next year if he sits the entire season on the bench? look at palmer he doesnt look so hot. And keep in mind henson hasnt played before this season in 3 1/2 years . So not only will this year be a wash but if henson doesnt get any playing time this year isnt there a good chance next year will be as well??

Were not going anywhere with Vinny, and all were doing is stunting the growth of our 24 year old rookie, who will be 25 next season . 25 and could be having his first real playing time next year.

What are we waiting for ? are we going to really go anywhere with Vinny? arent we wasting time with vinny?

If henson flops then we might not be back to the playoffs for awhile , if he does come through it might not be until 2006 season being logical about it.

at best we have a long wait , when you think this through logically .

well maybe romo can do something? hmm

blindzebra

Reaction score
MikeD17 said:
After we endure this year with this loser testerverde , What if Henson flops next season? What if he 's a bust like Hutchinson ? What if Parcells then retires after next year , then where will we be?

We could be going back to the superbowl , but it all depends really on how good henson is . I mean do we really expect him to light it up next year if he sits the entire season on the bench? look at palmer he doesnt look so hot. And keep in mind henson hasnt played before this season in 3 1/2 years . So not only will this year be a wash but if henson doesnt get any playing time this year isnt there a good chance next year will be as well??

Were not going anywhere with Vinny, and all were doing is stunting the growth of our 24 year old rookie, who will be 25 next season . 25 and could be having his first real playing time next year.

What are we waiting for ? are we going to really go anywhere with Vinny? arent we wasting time with vinny?

If henson flops then we might not be back to the playoffs for awhile , if he does come through it might not be until 2006 season being logically about it.

at best we have a long wait , when you think this through logical .

What if you put a sock in it already? ;)

DLK150

The Quiet Man
Reaction score
blindzebra said:
What if you put a sock in it already? ;)
Hey, at least he's looking to the future rather than living in the past for once.:rolleyes:

Unforgiven

Reaction score

Yeah, Hutchinson is such a bust. That loser has fallen all the way to 2nd string QB of the Bears........................wait a minute...........isn't Carter a second string QB now also? Guess that makes him a bust as well huh?

zack

Reaction score
It is a big risk counting on Henson. He is going to go through growing pains. I mean he is third string behind Romo, ROMO! Unfortunately history tells us that he won't pay off until 2006. Here's to waiting!

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
How about trying to answer his question?

I've posted before that IF we are REALLY trying to play for next year, then we need to see sometime during the season if Romo or Henson is going to be "it".

Does anybody really think that Henson or Romo will just come in next year and light it up? Uh-uh...ain't gonna happen. So, you can look at next year as year One.

At this point, I could probably handle the losses with Henson or Romo in there as I would look at it as a guy getting experience instead of losing with a guy that is supposed to be a great busdriver.

MikeD17

Benched
Reaction score
Exactly my point Jimz.

To me we'd better serve handing the ball over to henson or romo.

IF we lose this week , I wouldnt be surprised if we do

blindzebra

Reaction score
Jimz31 said:
How about trying to answer his question?

I've posted before that IF we are REALLY trying to play for next year, then we need to see sometime during the season if Romo or Henson is going to be "it".

Does anybody really think that Henson or Romo will just come in next year and light it up? Uh-uh...ain't gonna happen. So, you can look at next year as year One.

At this point, I could probably handle the losses with Henson or Romo in there as I would look at it as a guy getting experience instead of losing with a guy that is supposed to be a great busdriver.

Two words:

Ben Roethlisberger.

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
blindzebra said:
Two words:

Ben Roethlisberger.

Yeah, there's an exception to EVERY rule. You could have said "Dan Marino".

Is DelHomme tearing it up this year? I haven't heard too much about him lately.

Ben is good....Ben also didn't have a layoff like Henson did.

Are you saying that you expect Henson to just come right in and lead us to the promised land? Seriously? If not, what are your expectations of him in his first year?

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
DLK150 said:
Hey, at least he's looking to the future rather than living in the past for once.:rolleyes:
But can't you see he's not spelling out the WHOLE future?

After Henson flops, Carter get asked back.

blindzebra

Reaction score
Jimz31 said:
Yeah, there's an exception to EVERY rule. You could have said "Dan Marino".

Is DelHomme tearing it up this year? I haven't heard too much about him lately.

Ben is good....Ben also didn't have a layoff like Henson did.

Are you saying that you expect Henson to just come right in and lead us to the promised land? Seriously? If not, what are your expectations of him in his first year?

I've made my thoughts on Henson known since we traded for him, and yes I do think he can and will take us to the playoffs next season.

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
blindzebra said:
I've made my thoughts on Henson known since we traded for him, and yes I do think he can and will take us to the playoffs next season.

OK, and I hope you are right.

MikeD17

Benched
Reaction score
bLIND ZEBRA ....HENSON IS GOING TO LEAD US TO THE PLAYOFFS NEXT SEASON IF HE SPENTS THE ENTIRE YEAR ON THE BECH THIS YEAR?

HENSON WHOS THIRD STRING BEHIND A GUY WHO WASNT EVEN DRAFTED ?? BY THE NAME OF TONY ROMO WHO DIDNT EVEN PLAY DIVISION ONE DOUBLE A FOOTBALL?

THE HENSON WHO HASNT PLAYED FOOTBALL IN 31/2 YEARS

BRO , TAKE YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR *** . IF WE WANT HENSON TO HAVE A SHOT NEXT YEAR WE NEED TO GIVE HIM SOME PLAYING TIME THIS YEAR . OTHERWISE ITS 2006 IF HENSON HITS, IF HE FLOPS ....IT COULD BE A LONG TIME UNTIL WE EVEN SMELL PLAYOFFS MY FRIEND

OK BLIND BOY ,TAKE THE BLINDERS OFF NOW

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
MikeD17 said:
bLIND ZEBRA ....HENSON IS GOING TO LEAD US TO THE PLAYOFFS NEXT SEASON IF HE SPENTS THE ENTIRE YEAR ON THE BECH THIS YEAR?

HENSON WHOS THIRD STRING BEHIND A GUY WHO WASNT EVEN DRAFTED ?? BY THE NAME OF TONY ROMO WHO DIDNT EVEN PLAY DIVISION ONE DOUBLE A FOOTBALL?

BRO , TAKE YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR *** . IF WE WANT HENSON TO HAVE A SHOT NEXT YEAR WE NEED TO GIVE HIM SOME PLAYING TIME THIS YEAR . OTHERWISE ITS 2006 IF HENSON HITS, IF HE FLOPS ....IT COULD BE A LONG TIME UNTIL WE EVEN SMELL PLAYOFFS MY FRIEND

Hey, hey, hey.....tone 'er down now.....

It's just a difference of opinion between you two.....no big deal. Don't yell....It hurts my eyes. :)

Clay_Allison

Reaction score
It's apparent to me that we have alot more to worry about in the running game than we do in the passing game.

Testaverde has looked spotty at times, but he has had more arm strength than I've seen in Dallas since the last time we started Randall Cunningham, he's moved much better than I expected, the problem is that he is what he is, he's a downfield passer, he's not a West-Coast QB. He can't pass to set up the pass. If we can't get a consistent running game out of our committee of George/Anderson/Lee, short passes to Barnes and Anderson will not make up for it.

I haven't seen enough Henson to decide what kind of guy he is. I think he has good tools, he certainly moves better than Hutch ever did in preseason. Does that mean anthing? No. Not really.

The fact is, I don't think we are playing for '05 or '06 yet. Come again in 4 games. If we are 4 - 4, yeah, get Henson or Romo in the game. Get Henson some experience or find out if Romo is worth a roster spot of if he should be buried in NFL Europe.

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
It depends some players just have that "it". Henson may or may not have it.

Brett Favre, Tom Brady, Terrell Davis, so on and so forth. Some players are able to step in and contribute right away, and even be successful.

This is a "wait and see" type of situation. The Cowboys could very well have Henson lead them to the playoff we will not know until we see him get his opportunity. That is always the case with any player. They may fall on thier faces and have to draft another QB in 2006, but then that guy may lead them to the playoffs.

blindzebra

Reaction score
MikeD17 said:

Reading comprehension is not your thing is it?

Where did I say Henson won't play this year?

It's time to grow up, stop crying about Quincy and either be a Cowboy fan or a Carter fan. Your unrealistic expectations for Carter is what put you in this state, so you should be the last person to to call someone on their opinion. ;)

jimmy40

Reaction score
MikeD17 said:

If henson flops then we might not be back to the playoffs for awhile , if he does come through it might not be until 2006 season being logical about it.

You just don't get it. Parcells thinks he can win a Super Bowl with this team. His arrogance will set this team back two years.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
MikeD17 said:

hey what if you never posted here again?

imagine the possibilities!

David