We should go ALL-in and do what the Broncos did for Wilson, take the cap hit, and part ways!

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Look at the moves we made this off season we were all in, should we continue this model, take the HUGE cap hit just like the Broncos did when the let go of Russell Wilson, and move on??? If they can do it, why can't we?? It's not like we're going to spend the money anyways?? Please give your thoughts
Well that is a dumb idea

JustChip

Reaction score
Jerry ain't paying Dak all that money to not play QB for the cowboys.

He's been on record as saying he won't fire a coach and pay them to do nothing all year, which is why McCarthy won't get fired.

The next 3 or 4 years of the team was set in stone with daks extension. He's going to be the QB going forward, regardless of how poorly he plays. The only way he's not the QB is if he gets injured.
Romo 2.0

JustChip

Reaction score
So was it to go all-in and not do anything this off season
Jerry did go all-in, just not in the definition that 99.99% of the sports world consider such. His definition was it’s this coach and players that have to get it done and there would be no resources added to assist them. It would be all their responsibility.

JustChip

Reaction score
You know, Jerry really does want to win. The problem is, as much as he says he wants to win, his ego is so big that he can't admit that it's him that's stopping them from winning. He wants all the credit. He's always wanted all the credit, and he won't hand over the reins to anyone until he's showed the world that HE was the one who was responsible for the Cowboys 90's success and not Jimmy Johnson. Of course, for the past 29 years he's shown without Jimmy, there wouldn't have been a 90's dynasty. Unfortunately, Jerry doesn't see it that way, and never will.
Exactly. The die is cast on his non-credit by the last 29 years. Say he changes and empowers another coach. If they then win a SB, it just confirms it was Jimmy. And if he continues the status quo, it continues the confirmation as it has for the past 29 years that Jimmy was the reason.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Look at the moves we made this off season we were all in, should we continue this model, take the HUGE cap hit just like the Broncos did when the let go of Russell Wilson, and move on??? If they can do it, why can't we?? It's not like we're going to spend the money anyways?? Please give your thoughts
If Dak had given a lengthy extension it may of been a possibility, but we just aren't one or two players away. Indeed, other than Special Teams what aspect of the team's thriving?

dckid

Reaction score
I am sorry but the time to do that was before the contract extension.

JustChip

Reaction score
Frankly, I would take current Romo right now over Dak!! :laugh:
Me, too. But my point is Dak will be the starting QB until either he makes a decision not to be or he can’t be because of injury. It won’t be because if anything proactive the Jones’ do. Jerry took his shot with Lance (which I agreed with) and it didn’t work. Much like Brandon Carr, I expect the Lance experiment failure will have him gun-shy to do something like that again.