We should have drafted ....Thread

hogwild

Reaction score
Maroney would have been the smart choice. I said it then and some
people jumped on me that it would be stupid and not a need. Of course
those people quickly went to my " they don"t know crap about football list":laugh2:

stilltheguru

Reaction score
These same people are gonna be on his nuts when he starts doing good. "see terence newman"

Silverstar

Reaction score
Are you kidding?

It's waaaaay too early to start evaluating our 1st round pick. Wait at least 8 games before grading his progress. It's not like Carpenter was a top 10 pick anyway. Also, Ellis and Singleton are getting old and probably won't be around much longer. This time next year, we'll all be glad Carpenter was drafted...I guarantee it.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
STSINAZ said:
maroney is good and julius is a shell of what he was...35 for like 105 or something close to that is average in my book...

Well then ..... go root for the Patriots.

Bye now.

CanadaBoys

Reaction score
i'm gonna go out on a limb....

forget the Carp talk... I'll say we should ahve made the move of trading Julius to the Jets and taking Lendale White!

ok... don't beat me... but i think julius's injury problems and his lack of impressive play for over a year now leads me to think it should have been done while his value was high....

I really think lenDale will be a beast... too much attention on Bush because he's more razzle-dazzle,....

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
dbair1967 said:
your the 2nd person who said this, but I watched the game and the guy did nothing...he was credited for 1 tackle and I never once saw him make a play of any significance.....

David

:hammer:

And it's funny, we've been reading about how Fasana has struggled at times with his blocking all training camp... it was Fasano blocking the guy all the way to the sideline (completely dominated him) on the play he got called for holding (anyone with a half an ounce of football knowledge knows that it was NOT holding). The guy he completely dominated on that play? Manny Lawson.

locked&loaded

Reaction score
Rack said:
:hammer:

And it's funny, we've been reading about how Fasana has struggled at times with his blocking all training camp... it was Fasano blocking the guy all the way to the sideline (completely dominated him) on the play he got called for holding (anyone with a half an ounce of football knowledge knows that it was NOT holding). The guy he completely dominated on that play? Manny Lawson.

actually he was holding him... if you watch the whole thing when manny turns around fasano was holding him. up until than it was pure blocking than he held him.and i saw a couple qb pressures by manny. remember hes learning a new position just like carp to.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
locked&loaded said:
actually he was holding him... if you watch the whole thing when manny turns around fasano was holding him. up until than it was pure blocking than he held him.and i saw a couple qb pressures by manny. remember hes learning a new position just like carp to.

No, he wasn't. His hands were inside. That isn't holding.

Lawson got annihilated by a poor blocking TE. Not saying he won't be a great player, but if you want to point out Carp's negatives (actually no one has done that, they've only cried cuz he hasn't looked like Ray Lewis) then it's only fair to point out Lawson's too.

locked&loaded

Reaction score
Rack said:
No, he wasn't. His hands were inside. That isn't holding.

Lawson got annihilated by a poor blocking TE. Not saying he won't be a great player, but if you want to point out Carp's negatives (actually no one has done that, they've only cried cuz he hasn't looked like Ray Lewis) then it's only fair to point out Lawson's too.

his hands were on the outside of the shoulderpads at the end. he was holding at the end. i am pretty sure. does anyone have a video of it? cause im only 90% sure. i could be wrong thouhg. i just dont think i am.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
locked&loaded said:
his hands were on the outside of the shoulderpads at the end. he was holding at the end. i am pretty sure. does anyone have a video of it? cause im only 90% sure. i could be wrong thouhg. i just dont think i am.

Didn't look anything remotely close to holding to me. Even the radio announcers and TV commentators said the call was garbage. They said if they call that holding, then you could call holding every single play.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
hogwild said:
Maroney would have been the smart choice. I said it then and some
people jumped on me that it would be stupid and not a need. Of course
those people quickly went to my " they don"t know crap about football list":laugh2:

Maroney would have been a stupid pick, and not a need.
I don't know another pick I'd rather have at this extremely premature point.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
um....Carpenter had 3 tackles, 1 assist, 1 forced fumble, 1 pass defensed, and 1 QB pressure...and that doesn't include any plays he may have made on ST's.

Why does this thread exist?

Natedawg44

Reaction score
tomson75 said:
um....Carpenter had 3 tackles, 1 assist, 1 forced fumble, 1 pass defensed, and 1 QB pressure...and that doesn't include any plays he may have made on ST's.

Why does this thread exist?
Because it was going to happen thats why.

Natedawg44

Reaction score
dbair1967 said:
I think Jackson has missed virtually all of camp with an injury, he hasnt shown anything

David

Tell me something I don't know. Read post number 3

Natedawg44

Reaction score
QuanTran said:
Chad Jackson has not done anything. He has an injury he has been nursing. I like D'Angelo Williams as a kick returner then eventually phase him in at RB. Maroney looks good too.
Ditto

Natedawg44

Reaction score
The Wimbley stuff was killing me yesterday. We never had a shot at him. I can understand the whole Ware vs Merriman debates, but big difference they were both actually on the board at the same time. Not like some pipe dream trading up to get Wimbley.