We should have got Mick Vick as our backup

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Vick is easily a better QB the Weeden will ever hope to be, and I'm not even a big fan of Vick. He's a solid backup, Weeden is not.

Fritsch_the_cat

Reaction score
k4w7f5.jpg

khiladi

Reaction score
and he was not great at starting for the Jets. Hell he wasn't even good.

Because the Jets were imploding as an organization... They don't have anywhere near the talent Dallas has on offense, while Weeden sucks even with this talent... I'm not saying Vick is great, but at least he can throw the ball downfield with some accuracy and can at least make defenders miss when running. That in itself would provide some advantage for the Cowboys, with all the holes the OL can open up.

mldardy

Reaction score
Because the Jets were imploding as an organization... They don't have anywhere near the talent Dallas has on offense, while Weeden sucks even with this talent... I'm not saying Vick is great, but at least he can throw the ball downfield with some accuracy and can at least make defenders miss when running. That in itself would provide some advantage for the Cowboys, with all the holes the OL can open up.

This is a lot of excuses for Vick. Vick is a backup for a reason and he isn't any better than Weeden right now. I don't care about how bad the Jets organization is. If you want to make that excuse well then Weeden doesn't have a healthy team on either side of the ball last night. vick is not an upgrade over weeden.

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The disgust at the idea of Vick being on the Cowboys prevents me from saying what I would really like to say as I would have to ban myself for breaking
too many rules on a family friendly site.

khiladi

Reaction score
This is a lot of excuses for Vick. Vick is a backup for a reason and he isn't any better than Weeden right now. I don't care about how bad the Jets organization is. If you want to make that excuse well then Weeden doesn't have a healthy team on either side of the ball last night. vick is not an upgrade over weeden.

Weeden has way more talent than Vick, including a world-class OL... You really can't be comparing this Cowboys team with the Jets organization during the Vick years.. that's absurd..

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
The disgust at the idea of Vick being on the Cowboys prevents me from saying what I would really like to say as I would have to ban myself for breaking
too many rules on a family friendly site.

DO IT! DO IT NOW!

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Mike Vick was not an improvement on the Michael Vick we've watched over the last few seasons. For most of Thursday night's game, the Steelers let their defense and running game carry the day.
Pittsburgh almost seemed afraid to let Vick drop back and pass too much during the team's crushing 23-20 loss to Baltimore. He completed 19 of 26 passes, but the completions only gained 124 yards for a 4.4 average.
Vick was sacked four times, mostly because he held the ball too long. He fumbled once. Late in the game, when the Steelers needed Vick to throw, we saw why the Steelers used such a conservative game plan.

In a game full of memorable mishaps, Vick's high throw on fourth-and-one in overtime stands out.
"That last pass is going to haunt me for a long time," Vick said.

RunDMC

Reaction score
Weeden has way more talent than Vick, including a world-class OL... You really can't be comparing this Cowboys team with the Jets organization during the Vick years.. that's absurd..

Lolololollol. Vick had more talent last night. Stud OL an elite back and receiver and still couldn't get it done.

bb721

Reaction score
Weeden is not the reason we lost last week. The Falcons scored 39 points on us, and our running game disappeared after the first quarter. I'm the first to admit that he threw a bad int but that play is not what cost us the game.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Lolololollol. Vick had more talent last night. Stud OL an elite back and receiver and still couldn't get it done.

You bet and a defense that was giving Flacco hell all night sacking him 5 times. Vick also has his #1 WR Antonio Brown and very good rushing attack with Le'Veon Bell who rushed for 129. Vick looked poor out there even with the talent both offense and defense.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Jerrah said Weeden threw a better ball than Aikey breakey Aikman.

He said a prettier ball, not a better ball.

Unfortunately, pretty is irrelevant if you don't know where to send it, and can't do it accurately.