We should trade for a Safety

reddyuta

Reaction score
I am sure we can find somebody better than Frazier or Iloka even considering Wilson as the 3rd safety.any injury to the starters will be catastrophic.I am on board trading Taco for a safety/\.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I want to see what Tyvus Powell can do in this next game. He played far better against the Rams than he did SF. In which he only had 2 days, 1 practice to get thrown out there.
I think he can push Iloka for the 5th S spot, if they keep 5. I think they keep Wilson since he was a draft pick.
Some think Frazier may be out, but it comes down to ST's with him, can / do the others play ST's.

I can't see them trading for a s at this point. Especially Taco since we are down a few DL. But DLaw and Crawford are back. So maybe they showcase Taco this weekend.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I want to see what Tyvus Powell can do in this next game. He played far better against the Rams than he did SF. In which he only had 2 days, 1 practice to get thrown out there.
I think he can push Iloka for the 5th S spot, if they keep 5. I think they keep Wilson since he was a draft pick.
Some think Frazier may be out, but it comes down to ST's with him, can / do the others play ST's.

I can't see them trading for a s at this point. Especially Taco since we are down a few DL. But DLaw and Crawford are back. So maybe they showcase Taco this weekend.
Taco has picked himself up by his bootstraps. Good for him. Let's see what he's got.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I am sure we can find somebody better than Frazier or Iloka even considering Wilson as the 3rd safety.any injury to the starters will be catastrophic.I am on board trading Taco for a safety/\.

I wouldn't get your hopes up.

AbeBeta

Reaction score

Taco has really picked it up in the preseason.

But yeah, trade him for a safety.

Here's a little secret. If your DL sucks, it doesn't matter what sort of players you have in the secondary. They will get torched in the passing game and constantly have to deal with taking down RBs who have a head of steam.

But yeah, trade DL for S. Brilliant.

reddyuta

Reaction score
Taco has really picked it up in the preseason.

But yeah, trade him for a safety.

Here's a little secret. If your DL sucks, it doesn't matter what sort of players you have in the secondary. They will get torched in the passing game and constantly have to deal with taking down RBs who have a head of steam.

But yeah, trade DL for S. Brilliant.

are you confident Frazier and Iloka can give us good safety play if a starter goes down?. I am not saying trade Taco but we have some depth at DL and OL we can use to trade

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
who? what's the cost?

oh, wait, there is 1-800-NEED-SAFETY hotline...perhaps they can help

AbeBeta

Reaction score
are you confident Frazier and Iloka can give us good safety play if a starter goes down?. I am not saying trade Taco but we have some depth at DL and OL we can use to trade

Wilson is going to be on the team as well.

You can't be deep at every position and I think it would be foolish to trade OL depth ... we really just have eight guys that are of any value there and two are UFA at the end of the year. That's not the deep position people make it out to be. Any trade would be for a guy like Xavier SF - and he's not fetching much (unless a team really wants to get its QB killed).

ThatJerryKid

cowboys31
Reaction score
I think that we could get Patrick Chung fairly cheap. Proven vet with Super Bowl experience. Thoughts?

pansophy

Reaction score
People need to accept that we aren’t going to put big resources to safety unless the guy is a difference maker, and there aren’t a lot of those.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
I think there are only 3 safeties currently with the team that will be on the final 53. They will add #4 via trade or after cuts.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
We like our guys.

and when we are home sitting we ll look for moral victories.