We still face the Egirls twice? I think we now need to think about the draft

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
3 OT and 2 DE in top 15
no LBs in top 15...
we now need LBs more than DEs

https://www.seccountry.com/sec/nfl-mock-draft-2018-predicting-top-players-2018-nfl-draft-11-12
Mock draft
  1. Cleveland Browns: Sam Darnold, USC QB: Darnold has hinted at staying, but if he comes out, the Browns should finally pull the trigger on a first round quarterback.
  2. San Francisco 49ers: Saquon Barkley, Penn State RB: After adding Jimmy Grappolo this week, the 49ers can add the best player in the draft. In this case, it’s Penn State running back Saquon Barkley, who is also the Heisman Trophy favorite.
  3. New York Jets: Josh Rosen, UCLA QB: The Jets have shown some offensive promise this year with Josh McCown at quarterback. But Rosen is too talented to pass up.
  4. Indianapolis Colts: Connor Williams, Texas OT: For the Colts it’s simple. They have to do a better job of protecting Andrew Luck. As long as Williams can stay healthy, he’ll be a top draft pick.
  5. New York Giants: Josh Allen, Wyoming QB: Offensive tackle could be the pick here. But drafting Allen, a gifted physical specimen, allows the Giants to start planning for life after Eli Manning.
  6. Miami Dolphins Arden Key, LSU DE:While the Dolphins would love to get their hands on one of the top quarterbacks, they take the most talented defensive player in the class in Key, who had 12 sacks last season.
  7. Arizona Cardinals: Mike McGlinchey, Notre Dame OT: Like the Dolphins, Arizona would love to get a quarterback. But they’ll gladly take one of the top offensive linemen in all of college football.
  8. Washington Commanders: Minkah Fitzpatrick, Alabama S: Fitzpatrick will be compared to Florida State safety Derwin James. Right now, Fitzpatrick is having the better season, and thus comes off the board first.
  9. Tamap Bay Buccaneers: Bradley Chubb N.C. State DE: Tampa Bay has put together a nice team and has star potential at every level. But you can never have too many disruptive edge rushers, and Chubb fits that mold
  10. Chicago Bears: Christian Kirk, Texas A&M WR: Kirk would be a perfect fit for the Bears, especially given their lack of offensive weapons. He is the best wide receiver in this draft class.
  11. Los Angeles Chargers: Trey Adams, Washington OT: The Chargers need to start protecting Phillip Rivers. With an impressive young defense, this is an easy pick for the Chargers.
  12. Detroit Lions: Derwin James, Florida State DB: The Lions could use a boost in their secondary. Like Fitzpatrick, James projects as a plug-and-play guy anywhere in a secondary.
  13. Baltimore Ravens: Calvin Ridley: While Joe Flacco hasn’t been great this year, he also needs some weapons. Ridley would also continue a trend of drafting Alabama players in the first round for the Ravens..
  14. Oakland Raiders: Da’Ron Payne, Alabama DT: Payne is the latest monster to come out of Alabama. He’ll eat up space in the middle of Alabama’s defense, freeing things up for Khalil Mack on the outside.
  15. Denver Broncos: Quenton Nelson, Notre Dame OG: The Broncos’ offensive line was a mess last year. Drafting Nelson will help in the run game and keep either Paxton Lynch or Trevor Siemian off their back
Very nice!
Thank you Waldo!

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
It's 5 months away. What's the rush?
Large canine, there is no rush. Neither is there not a reason to NOT consider our directionless season in respect to the coming draft. BUt you might be the type who bought a gown 2 days before your prom. :rolleyes:

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nothing wrong at all about thinking about the Draft already. I think about the draft at different times around the year.

However...wanting your team to tank the season for a better draft pick is something totally different. That is called loser mentality.

waldoputty

Reaction score
Nothing wrong at all about thinking about the Draft already. I think about the draft at different times around the year.

However...wanting your team to tank the season for a better draft pick is something totally different. That is called loser mentality.

tanking is simple to understand, though it does require the ability to accept simple reality.
inability to process reality help ensure more years of futility.
counterproductive irrational approaches that cling to hopeless dreams define loser mentality.

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
tanking is simple to understand, though it does require the ability to accept simple reality.
inability to process reality help ensure more years of futility.
counterproductive irrational approaches that cling to hopeless dreams define loser mentality.

Don't want to hear about your loser mentality to troll the boards.
I don't know how more plain I can be on this topic.
Quit Trolling.

waldoputty

Reaction score
Don't want to hear about your loser mentality to troll the boards.
I don't know how more plain I can be on this topic.
Quit Trolling.

yes, when a logical argument cannot be made, call the other side a troll.
so trolling is anything you dont agree with.

waldoputty

Reaction score
What part of stop do you not understand?
It's a simple word.

i made a simple argument.
instead of talking logic, you call me a name (troll) because you dont like it.
if you dont like it, try argue back with logic and stats like anyone rational personal.

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
i made a simple argument.
instead of talking logic, you call me a name (troll) because you dont like it.
if you dont like it, try argue back with logic and stats like anyone rational personal.

Because you are a troll and you make an argument that is idiotic and counter productive to a team winning.
You make an argument that is off in la la land.
There is NOTHING logical or rational about your argument to want the team you profess to follow to lose.
The only people that want their own team to lose before a season even starts are TROLLS!

It would be one thing if there was just a few games left in the season, we have no chance at all in making the playoffs and you just want to put young players out there to get some experience and EVEN THEN...you do not tell the team to tank.
You have them play their hearts out and try to win every game they can win even with 2-3 stringers playing starting roles.

But to want a team to LOSE ON PURPOSE...EVEN BEFORE THE SEASON STARTS is flat out stupid, idiotic and frankly I am sick and tired of your trolling this crap like it is some sane rationally strategy to build a winner when it is not.

You can crow your silly crap all day, all night and it will not make it rational, logically or less troll like.

STOP TROLLING.

waldoputty

Reaction score
Because you are a troll and you make an argument that is idiotic and counter productive to a team winning.
You make an argument that is off in la la land.
There is NOTHING logical or rational about your argument to want the team you profess to follow to lose.
The only people that want their own team to lose before a season even starts are TROLLS!

It would be one thing if there was just a few games left in the season, we have no chance at all in making the playoffs and you just want to put young players out there to get some experience and EVEN THEN...you do not tell the team to tank.
You have them play their hearts out and try to win every game they can win even with 2-3 stringers playing starting roles.

But to want a team to LOSE ON PURPOSE...EVEN BEFORE THE SEASON STARTS is flat out stupid, idiotic and frankly I am sick and tired of your trolling this crap like it is some sane rationally strategy to build a winner when it is not.

You can crow your silly crap all day, all night and it will not make it rational, logically or less troll like.

STOP TROLLING.

dont selectively pick a portion a strategy and make it the strategy.
i never said to tank a season.
i said to (1) go crazy in free agency because the cap would not blow up for a few years and then (2) in the year the cap blows up, tank that year to reload the team.
so that means tanking 1 year out of 4-5 years so the other years would be more amazing.

it is not that difficult to understand if one kept an open mind.

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
dont selectively pick a portion a strategy and make it the strategy.
i never said to tank a season.
i said to (1) go crazy in free agency because the cap would not blow up for a few years and then (2) in the year the cap blows up, tank that year to reload the team.
so that means tanking 1 year out of 4-5 years so the other years would be more amazing.

it is not that difficult to understand if one kept an open mind.

You never said tank a season and turn around and said to tank a season.

And further more you have made the statement to tank the season and someone has came forward in one of your MANY threads saying that you were talking about it PRIOR to the season so please quit making crap up.

Do you even read what you right...are you that delusional that you don't see it.

Never mind.
You are wasting my time and energy and I should know better when dealing with a TROLL!

waldoputty

Reaction score
You never said tank a season and turn around and said to tank a season.

And further more you have made the statement to tank the season and someone has came forward in one of your MANY threads saying that you were talking about it PRIOR to the season so please quit making crap up.

Do you even read what you right...are you that delusional that you don't see it.

Never mind.
You are wasting my time and energy and I should know better when dealing with a TROLL!

no one wants to lose.
i said trade 4 great season and 1 horrible season for 5 less-than great seasons.
it is a choice that most should understand.
4 or so seasons of a prohibitive favorite vs. 5 seasons of being just good.
i rather have the 4 great seasons than 5 of less than great for mediocre people.

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
no one wants to lose.
i said trade 4 great season and 1 horrible season for 5 less-than great seasons.
it is a choice that most should understand.
4 or so seasons of a prohibitive favorite vs. 5 seasons of being just good.
i rather have the 4 great seasons than 5 of less than great for mediocre people.

And yet you STILL advocate tanking a season.

You can try to change your words up now but it still amounts to the same thing...you want this team to tank a season...whether it is this year...or one year out of five or blah blah blah.

Wait...I think maybe you changed my mind and I think you have a brilliant idea and heck only tanking one season out of five is a great idea and....NOT

You can repeat it 100 times in a row and change your verbiage and excuses each time...but as long as you are advocating tanking a season (no matter how you word it). I am not going to go with it.

Not really hard to understand...NO means NO.

waldoputty

Reaction score
And yet you STILL advocate tanking a season.

You can try to change your words up now but it still amounts to the same thing...you want this team to tank a season...whether it is this year...or one year out of five or blah blah blah.

Wait...I think maybe you changed my mind and I think you have a brilliant idea and heck only tanking one season out of five is a great idea and....NOT

You can repeat it 100 times in a row and change your verbiage and excuses each time...but as long as you are advocating tanking a season (no matter how you word it). I am not going to go with it.

Not really hard to understand...NO means NO.

4 great and 1 bad is the strategy i advocated.
it is consistent with the salary cap nature of the nfl.
one can be strategic about it with a plan or let outside events dictate what happens.
as far as i am concerned, it is the championship or it is meaningless.
if it is meaningless, at least invest the bad year towards the good years.
it really is not too tough to understand.