We still have a chance for Walter Thomas!

Cowboys22

Reaction score
He didn't get drafted so we may still get him in camp. I think if he's smart he would give the Cowboys a serious look because all he has to do is beat out Stanley!

NickZepp

Reaction score
He's played something like 12 college games in 3 years. I don't know if he is a good project.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
NickZepp;1479518 said:
He's played something like 12 college games in 3 years. I don't know if he is a good project.

Precisely. No one does. Why not bring him in for a look. If he sucks, or we don't think we can get his weight down to a reasonable tonnage, then we kick his arse out of the building. Should we just ignore the fact that we have very little depth at NT?

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
He's interesting but there is a reason he wasn't drafted. We have no idea what his interview might be like. It very well may be less than optimal. If they bring him in then I'll be pulling for him. He certainly has the height and weight. Is he strong and quick besides some speed which he'd seldom if ever use.

NickZepp

Reaction score
I don't think we have the depth problems other people think we have. We need 1 or 2 DTs a game. And we have about 4 on the roster right now I think. We may get one in free agency. That's plenty for this year. If it's a need for next year we have 2 first round picks to get one(same with the WR)

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
tomson75;1479523 said:
Precisely. No one does. Why not bring him in for a look. If he sucks, or we don't think we can get his weight down to a reasonable tonnage, then we kick his arse out of the building. Should we just ignore the fact that we have very little depth at NT?

The NT is the one thing about this draft that I was dissapointed in...

:(

It's not a sexy pick, but, it's a very important position! I guess I will trust that Wade has his plans?

:confused:

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Hey, something must be wrong with this guy, but I agree we should just take a chance.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
NickZepp;1479530 said:
I don't think we have the depth problems other people think we have. We need 1 or 2 DTs a game. And we have about 4 on the roster right now I think. We may get one in free agency. That's plenty for this year. If it's a need for next year we have 2 first round picks to get one(same with the WR)

This is not about DT's...it's about a NT....!

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Bring him in and let him bump heads with Gurode & Davis at the same time for an hour:D

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
tomson75;1479523 said:

you would need a forklift for that

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
jobberone;1479528 said:
He's interesting but there is a reason he wasn't drafted. We have no idea what his interview might be like. It very well may be less than optimal. If they bring him in then I'll be pulling for him. He certainly has the height and weight. Is he strong and quick besides some speed which he'd seldom if ever use.

yep, character concerns, the fact that he's only going to get bigger at already 370, and very limited experience

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
NickZepp;1479530 said:

We have Ferguson and Stanley (a guy that we released last year, and resigned for depth, mind you).

Plugging in undersized or taller guys like Ratliff and Hatcher is not the answer to replacing an aging NT. We NEED a guy to become a starter...and soon. If it's Stanley, then fine. I doulbt it, however, as he's already been released once (showing our indifference should another team pick him up) and he's relatively small for a 3-4 guy. If his track record with NT is any indicator, Phillips tends to like bigger guys.

neosapien23

Reaction score
Quinton Echols might also be worth a look. I would love to see Dallas bring in both Echols and Thomas and have them both battle it out with Stanley. Dallas could then take the best one out of three. Ratliff could then be moved back to his natural DE spot. I know everyone has stated how BP did not let Spears or Canty rush, but both Ratliff and Hatcher seemed to get enough pressure. I would not be surprised if both Spears and Canty lose their jobs next season.

cowboybacker4life

Reaction score
ther was a defensive tackle tackle taken by i believe carolina in the 4th or 5th round his name was marcus thomas. i am curious if this can't be the guy we read about from mickey. just a question if any body knows for sure please clear that up for me.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Two differerent Thomas's. The marcus thomas was a real mess as regards charactor concerns. Walter Thomas, the human eclipse, has fewer charactor concerns and is a lot bigger at 6-5 370. Can squat 800 lbs and bench 525.
Can do a backflip. The picture I saw indicated very little fat- maybe 20 lbs.
Certainly worth an interview and tryout.

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
I hear this guy is so big a team was forced to use 2 draft picks on him... is that why he went UD?

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
burmafrd;1479660 said:
Two differerent Thomas's. The marcus thomas was a real mess as regards charactor concerns. Walter Thomas, the human eclipse, has fewer charactor concerns and is a lot bigger at 6-5 370. Can squat 800 lbs and bench 525.
Can do a backflip. The picture I saw indicated very little fat- maybe 20 lbs.
Certainly worth an interview and tryout.

you got it backwards Walter Thomas is the one that was arrested for robbery