Video: "We The Fans" to air on ESPN

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

"This is America's Team, do you know that?"

I've never understood why that seems to make some people proud, like it's an accomplishment by them.

"The Cowboys are about winning."

Guy about my age, who still thinks it's 1998. An entire generation of "we the fans" has never seen the Cowboys come close to winning anything. To them, the Cowboys are a strangely popular average team led by an old fool who can't resist a microphone.

foofighters

Reaction score
I know this is going to stir the pot but I already don't like a lot of our own fans so I have zero interest in watching. Plus the only time I turn it to espn is when the Cowboys are playing the Monday night game.

Just to clarify, it's those fans that over-react and are unwilling to have a football conversation. I will debate all day long and love good football talk. It's those other fans and we all know them.

Kevinicus

Reaction score

I've never understood why that seems to make some people proud, like it's an accomplishment by them.

Guy about my age, who still thinks it's 1998. An entire generation of "we the fans" has never seen the Cowboys come close to winning anything. To them, the Cowboys are a strangely popular average team led by an old fool who can't resist a microphone.

What is "close" and what is "anything?" Is this like the Cowboys not "sniffing" an NFC Championship despite being one play away?

Diehardblues

Reaction score

That’s what the Cowboys have become this era but for 2 previous generations and the hopes of this generation it’s not what the Cowboys represents.

I’m encouraged by this young generation of fans who are enthusiastic about the Cowboys despite as much success as I grew up with. It’s easy to root and support a winner but it builds character supporting a loser.

We need to separate our emotions from supporting our team to the criticism we bring. I’ve always said the ones who love and support you the most are going to be the most critical.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
What is "close" and what is "anything?" Is this like the Cowboys not "sniffing" an NFC Championship despite being one play away?

What's the difference between "one play away" and any other sort of losing. Do we get more style points from the judges?

25 NFL teams have more playoff wins this century. The two times Dallas earned the one seed they got beat at home in the divisional round. But yeah, Jerry, we're one play away. :rolleyes:

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Mrs. Price is cool, and more than likely those drunks will be guys from our tailgating crew, or a fan club I kick it with. You seem like such a fun person IRL.

You seem to be obsessed with what I think. Here is a tip. Ignore me and everything will be better IRL.

better yet I will just ignore you.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
What's the difference between "one play away" and any other sort of losing. Do we get more style points from the judges?

25 NFL teams have more playoff wins this century. The two times Dallas earned the one seed they got beat at home in the divisional round. But yeah, Jerry, we're one play away. :rolleyes:

What's the difference between the word "close" and "far?" Words have meaning, and when we just ignore that, effective communication goes out the window.

Case in point, you seem to be taking my comment in entirely the wrong way. I was commenting on your language.